Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

bcrazy7 - That is so weird that you ask this. I have only posted a few times and was coming online to ask this same question.

Also, I wanted to see is anybody else having energy issues. I have been so yuck feeling for about 3 weeks now and can't seem to get past it. A fellow banded friend told me her old "diet doctor" would sell her B12 shots. She said she asked yesterday if they would sell them eventhough she isn't a diet patient anymore and they said yes. Also, she asked if they would sell them to me since I have never been a patient and they said yes since I am a band patient.

I don't take B-12 shots--I take a flinstone vitamin--when I can remember...I take naps everyday...and sit around and gt my rest..when I need it.

However, since losing some weight, I notice that I naturally have more energy...I park farther away without thinking, I'm walking quicker etc.

p.s.---my t

I must have been excited...and it post before finishing....my ticker moved--60lbs gone.....slow but sho!!!

Hello, everybody? How are y'all today?

Hey, BigBaby! Almost there! Only half a pound to go! I know you are so ready to be in One-derland!

JAVA! It's about time you poked your head in here! We miss ya! Good going on the weight! AWESOME!

I started taking Flintstones Vitamins. Even on maintenance I don't think I eat enough vitamins/minerals. But I'm eating enough calories/carbs/fat as I'm maintaining well.

Have noticed the scale went down another 2 pounds. I don't mind it...but just don't want to lose too much more weight as I'm happy with where I am.

I take the Centrum chewables, but for some reason I am feeling tired all of the time. In January when I went for my annual exam all of my Vitamin levels were fine, so I decided that instead of getting the B-12 injections just yet I will see what my dr says. I have made an appointment with him for Thursday.

They make sublingual B12 tablets that dissolve under your tongue. Cherry flavor. I used to take them, but I haven't in a while. I might start taking them again though, since I don't eat meat anymore... and B12 is the only vitamin/nutrient that you cannot get through any other food source other than meat. :thumbup:

Hi, everyone:

About a month ago I decided to add B-12 complex for more energy. I am taking a product called Berocca (made by the Bayer Co.) that has the B complex with Vitamin C, added Calcium, magnesium & zinc. They are orange flavored effervescent tablets that taste pretty good.

The only thing is I have to order them online from Canad -I don't know why they are marketed here. But I have noticed a higher energy level. I also take Centrum Silver multi-vitamins and a calcium chew.

I also started taking a Biotin every day and my hairing is growing back! The Berocca also has some biotin in it.

I have questions about your chosen goal weights. Mine has been the same since my journey began. I am constantly taking flack from the men in my life. Hubby, grampa, dad, workout partners (both male)...they all agree that I'm fine where I am and that something horrible will happen if I continue to lose weight down to my goal. Running out of responses to these conversations! UGH! How do you successfully exit these conversations quickly without making any commital statements?

I am 5 10" tall and I want to get down to 145. Ths gives me a healthy BMI of 20.8, which I love.

What do you folks say when anyone asks what your WLS goals are?

I do not discuss my goal weight or even tell anyone how much I've lost. When ppl ask how much I've lost I tell them "Not enough" and when ppl ask whatI want to get to I just say "when I'm happy." No one needs to know my numbers. It's a personal decision for everyone. PLUS I find that ppl who've known you as fat for a long time, or ppl who've ONLY known you as fat are less accepting of your knew body and lifestyle because they are afraid that you'll change. :drool:

I am 5'10" as well, and I think I have my goal set at 150 on my ticker, so I think you are right on Stef!

I will never see 150

my goal weight is 175

My husband and extended family is always concerned about me

When I was a lot younger in middle high school I starved myself for a couple of years I was in the hospital a few times

I think because of my past my family is concerned that I will over do it again like i did before

I am almost under 200 that will be great and I will be more than happy at 175

I have been stuck where I am for a while so we will see if I will ever see the 175

Good luck

They are just concerned about your health

My goal weight was 150. I remember getting close and just being so anxious.

Now I'm below that. It's not pounds anymore...I use size. I'm a 6/8. Some 6s will work but 8 is comfortable...don't feel like a toothpick.

June is coming right around the corner...one year BandAversary!

Not one person who has noticed me losing weight has asked what my goal is. I think it should be personal...when you feel good, but not a weight that's hard to hold onto, kwim? A good healthy, maintainable weight and a body image you like. I figure the last 20 pounds of so will come off with WLS.