Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

does anyone have anymore info on the LV trip? last i heard it was going to be sometime in april but I don't know the dates If anyone knows more please let me know. I would hate to miss this trip.

stef: All of our boats have e mail via sat but I have to pay for my own internet witch only works where my cell phone works witch is most of the time when I am not offshore. My boat is going to work in the gulf for awhile but I am not sure what it is doing to be doing. They want me to take a boat to africa so my 8 weeks may be longer of shorter bepending on what they have me do. I really want to go back the the west coast and work my 28/28 but it might not happen till well after the first of the year. last time I was home was aug 22nd and i don't think I will get to go home till after the first anyway.

Oh boy! Africa! That is scary! There was another boat overtaken not long ago. Of course, nothing much ever really happens, but it is never a good thing when the natives take over with guns. There was talk of hubby going some time back...I'm glad nothing came of it. You be careful! What do you do out there on the boats?

My boat has been working the west coast for 20 years now I have been on it for the last 4 years 1 year AB 1 year mate and about 2 years captain. The boat has mostly been doing supply work. supply the oil riggs with what ever the need to drill or just to operate. I kind of want to get out of the whole boat thing and find a land job but the problem is I don't really know any thing other than boats I guess will have to learn another trade. anyway I am talking to much

Okay, my weight is not dropping and it's driving me crazy!

BUT!

I started this journey at a 2X, and was ecstatic when I got to the ladies department instead of the plus sizes and was wearing an XL. Yesterday I bought some new workout shorts without trying them on and just grabbed XL's off the rack, hoping they would fit.

THEY ARE TOO BIG! I have to go exchange them for Large's! I can't believe it!

Okay, my weight is not dropping and it's driving me crazy!

BUT!

I started this journey at a 2X, and was ecstatic when I got to the ladies department instead of the plus sizes and was wearing an XL. Yesterday I bought some new workout shorts without trying them on and just grabbed XL's off the rack, hoping they would fit.

THEY ARE TOO BIG! I have to go exchange them for Large's! I can't believe it!

That is an AWESOME NSV, Stef! I'm proud of you.....so well deserved!!!! Way to go!! :):clap2::mad:

<p>Great job Stef. I am so envious. Soon I will be at a Large hopefully. I have huge thighs that keep me from going down a size on the bottom. I might could go a large in tops.</p>

Congrats Stef on the clothing!

I had my own NSV with clothing yesterday. I have to go back to Nashville for another round of interviews and all my business clothes are TOO big. (I started at a 5X at Catherine's)

I went in to Catherine's and pulled all 4X off the shelf to try on, since I had no idea what size I was. I was happy to find that all of them were too big! I had to go down to a 3X (22/24). When I was trying tops on I had my own pants on and realized how horrible they looked, they were a 5X and I had been wearing them all day. So I ended up buying pants as well as tops and got rid of my old ones when I got home. Today I have on zip up pants for the first time in 4 years and they aren't even tight!

I know I am still HUGE, but when I look in the mirror I feel pretty good now. What a difference 73lbs makes! Only 105 more to go :-)!

Dang Suzzie I am jealous, I would love to have a personal trainer to get my butt in gear!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Thanks to everyone on the NSV!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

help_sign.jpg

So now I need some advice...I broke my plateau for a mini-second and now I'm right back in it. Discouragement is trying to creep in as of today.

I'm taking any and all suggestions as to:

1) Break the plateau, of course!

2) Kill the negative monster trying to creep into my head!

Congrats to everyone on their NSV's (clothing) and it sounds like a positive week for most. :whoo:

Gosh Stef, I have never had a speck of an idea why you aren't losing a pound a day with your 600 calorie diet and hours of workouts daily. I know why *I* don't lose anything....I eat too much, eat the wrong things, snack, skip workouts, drink wine, eat too much salt, etc., etc. But even doing those things, I can maintain. I'm stumped and stupefied!

Why don't you go on weight watchers and eat regular meals, count your points and see what happens?

On another note......

Me thinks I need another fill. :cry I would have liked to avoid it, because of what happened last time and I'm plain tired of making the all day trek to get it, but I have almost no restriction as of this week. Some things are going on in my personal life and I'm self-medicating with food. NOT GOOD. When it rains, it pours. :rain: Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get in on Saturday. Tonight I was able to eat 2 cups of food (beef and noodles) and was still hungry (head hunger I'm sure but I'm also sure I could have eaten a piece or two of fruit to top it off. :hungry:

I feel like a kid playing with these smilies! Niters all!

Gosh Stef, I have never had a speck of an idea why you aren't losing a pound a day with your 600 calorie diet and hours of workouts daily. I know why *I* don't lose anything....I eat too much, eat the wrong things, snack, skip workouts, drink wine, eat too much salt, etc., etc. But even doing those things, I can maintain. I'm stumped and stupefied!

Why don't you go on weight watchers and eat regular meals, count your points and see what happens?

Hmmm...interesting comments...both the first and the last. Thank you. Maybe I will go online to see what Weight Watchers is all about...I'm not familiar with it other than knowing it exists, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for all of you who are sticking to the 1/2 cup food per meal, how the heck do you manage a "normal" amount of calories? What are you eating that you are having success with? To be honest, despite my daily calories, I'm eating much more than 1/2 a cup of food at all meals but Breakfast, which is a Protein Drink before working out. lunch and dinner are usually about two cups total. (Chicken breast or chicken salad with grapes or a banana or an apple, salmon with brocolli are my mainstays. Jello and SF pudding and SF popsicles are regulars, too.)

Even if you are not sticking to the 1/2 cup rule and you are losing consistently, what is your plan that's working?

To answer your question Stef, I can eat 1 cup of food at the moment. I only lose because of the band. I used to eat three HUGE meals a day. Bigger than a normal fat person. I'd also have a giant muffin and a whole bar of chocolate and a muesli bar.

Now I can only have three small meals a day. I haven't cut out snacking ('cept the muffin)but it doesn't matter. My overall calories must be much less and as I'm a lot bigger than some of you so my body would naturally require a lot more calories just to function. I'm not on a diet and won't go on one. It puts me in a bad head space.

However, I'm starting to realise that my standards in life have been set too low (in all areas, not just food) so now I'm starting to choose things which are more nutritious because my body needs them. Although I don't count cals, I have been on diets before and I do know that a chocolate bar has the calories of two extra meals so I've cut down to the small-sized one and every other day rather than every day. I'm sure that after a while, I won't be able to eat 2000 cals (I'm guessing here) and still lose but I can now so I'm not going to worry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome NSVs everyone.:bounce: I haven't bought any new clothes yet but a colleague commented that I was 'swimming' in my current ones. She doesn't know about the band.

I'm also starting to notice little things. Tonight I doled out the correct portion for dinner. I ate it and I really do need to take pea-sized bites now or I'm in trouble. I like tasting every mouthful.

When I had finished, I went to get more and as I was reaching for it, I thought, "Who am I kidding? That isn't going to fit" and put it back in the fridge.

Also, I was going to eat some chocolate wafer biscuit thingies and then I had the thought that they were cheap, sugary rubbish and ate two passionfruit instead.

If I'm going to have junk food, I'll make it a small 70% dark chocolate with almonds or marzipan or something I love.

I have been chewing and spitting less (gross I know but I do it). I now only spit out junk food and not normal food. I used to buy a takeaway meal and be angry I couldn't finish it and chew and spit it in a bowl until it was done. Now I can't be bothered and see it as a waste of money. It's as though my eating habits are slowly starting to improve. I can even recognise emotional overeating now.

Today was a really stressful day at work so I'm off to the gym to see if that'll help. I think my body needs the movement. It's not good to stay still all the time.

Which isn't to say all is hunky dory. Had a really tough time with PBing this week and had to go on liquids for 48 hours. My stomach was really sore but I'm OK now.

I have been chewing and spitting less (gross I know but I do it). I now only spit out junk food and not normal food. I used to buy a takeaway meal and be angry I couldn't finish it and chew and spit it in a bowl until it was done. Now I can't be bothered and see it as a waste of money. It's as though my eating habits are slowly starting to improve. I can even recognise emotional overeating now.

Hey Insub! The chew/spit thing - Yeah.. I've been thinking about doing this!!! I was driving by Burger King the other day and thought OMG! Whoppers smell good! I want one! I seriously almost got me a jr. whopper - with the full intention of chewing and spitting. I didn't do it thouhg, mostly cause I was scared that I'd forget to spit one of the bites and get stuck. Lol.

Oh my gosh, I don't even have to worry about spitting out, I can EAT! I don't know what the heck happened to my restriction, so frustrating. I scheduled my fill for Saturday but I'm so apprehensive after last month's episode of dehydration. I don't know why I'd be so tight one week, then 2 weeks of being restricted and pb'ing and now nothing. We went to Wendy's tonight and I got a hamburger and ate 3/4 of it, had a few bites of Frosty and came home and ate a peach. I could eat another peach if I wanted....no "stop-full" going on at all. Grrrrrr!