Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Leanne!

Oh man I think the mood swings are normal lol I find I'm fine one minute the next I'm cray cray lol poor hubby he just cops it lol I called Alex yesterday due to the can't do a number two she told me to take coxocyl I took two tabs and bang down to 118.4 today so much for not weighing! I think I feel crappy when I can't go number 2 and if I do t drink enough but Water makes me feel sick now I'm the same babe I feel lethargic and I'm tired my boss gave me the rest of the week off so I can rest up....just keep doing what your doing and it will come off the scales are evil!!!!!

I live in the dandenong area whereabouts are u guys?

Hey Chez PMSL so much at your little picture

post-211375-0-60423300-1400551564_thumb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh thats so funny every time I read it I laugh again haha

Thats made my day!!

I am glad that mood swings are normal....I am not the only one then.... my hubby the poor b?%$#@& has put up with a lot from me too haha

So glad that stuff Alex told you about worked for you.....at least you know thats why you had stopped losing

I am not too far from Dandenong....in Ferntree Gully, and as I said I am happy to travel to meet up somewhere closer to everyone.

What area's is everyone else from??

Hey all, welcome welcome :)

Bee and Leanne I live in essendon but work in box hill so I'm happy to come out your way to catch up. I'm thinking when i can drive again so probably early July??

Day 2 is going ok. Ate my bar faster today- still took 30 minutes!! Big change from downing a choccie bar in a minute flat. I'm still tired today. Would love to be home and sleeping instead of work!

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. Leanne do have a councillor or psych you can see? Might help to chat it out. Thinking of you both.

Seems like some challenges ahead but we will be better for it. Such a big change and soon I'll know what your talking about xx

Hey Chez yeah wait till your ready to drive and its a good idea to give it a month I think....we could always meet out that way or in the middle and I am happy to drive anyone out this way too if that helps anyone wanting/needing a lift as long as they can navigate for me while I am driving haha

No Chez I don't have a councillor or a psych but I sure think I need one LOL

I am just in a rut I think and its such a big change to go through and I think that I am still adjusting.

I think I read that Bee you Water makes you feel sick now??

Just curious as it makes me feel sick now too....its its warm it's ok and I drink a lot of black tea now.

I used to LOVE chilled Water but now it makes me feel sick when I drink it.

HOpe that changes

I'm in the heart of Melbourne, living in Chinatown.

I'll see my surgeon within the next couple of weeks to book the surgery and discuss the 7kgs that I have to lose, hopefully he will agree that most will drop with the preop diet :)

I was in time for some "special" when I first saw my surgeon, a summer special or something because I saw him in January of this year. So my actual surgery will be $1,900 and the anaesthetist will be $500. My mums getting lapband at the same time as me but she has to get a revision done because she had a lapband done about 10 or so years ago but it wasn't adjustable.

And I'm 20 :) I wish I could have had this done earlier but money was just out of the question. But I'm getting it soon so wooooo :D

I'm in the heart of Melbourne, living in Chinatown.

I'll see my surgeon within the next couple of weeks to book the surgery and discuss the 7kgs that I have to lose, hopefully he will agree that most will drop with the preop diet :)

I was in time for some "special" when I first saw my surgeon, a summer special or something because I saw him in January of this year. So my actual surgery will be $1,900 and the anaesthetist will be $500. My mums getting lapband at the same time as me but she has to get a revision done because she had a lapband done about 10 or so years ago but it wasn't adjustable.

And I'm 20 :) I wish I could have had this done earlier but money was just out of the question. But I'm getting it soon so wooooo :D

Hey nerms, at least you are getting it done while you are still young :)

Can I ask which surgeon you are going through and which hospital??

Is the same one doing your mums lapband revision??

I just have someone interested in getting it done and that price sounds very good.

Hey nerms, at least you are getting it done while you are still young :) Can I ask which surgeon you are going through and which hospital?? Is the same one doing your mums lapband revision?? I just have someone interested in getting it done and that price sounds very good.

I got the special price, the normal price $2,900 but that's still good!

My surgeon is Dr. Zeev Duieb and he works through Masada hospital. I think his main office is in Berwick but I see him at the hospital in st kilda on Balaclava road.

I'm pretty sure my mum has been referred to another surgeon for the revision but the same surgeon will do our lapband. She has to get the revision, heal and then get the band. Which kind of sucks but she won't be too far behind me I guess.

Yes I had to wait 3 months from getting my lap band out to then getting the sleeve, but the time goes fast anyway and its best that they do it safely.

So are you getting the lap band or the sleeve??

Yes 2,900 is still a very good price :D

Hi ladies

I am so happy I found this tread with you all it's very motivating to go ahead with the surgery I will be doing some research on doctors as I want a really good doctor with a great rep I am scared of this leak thing I was reading about so not going to let $$$& decide for me, I really want the sleeve and not a band I know people with both and all the ones with bands it didn't work or had to be removed and they were so uncomfortable as well I don't want that, my friends sister had both and the sleeve has been better for her! Even tho she is gaining now it's a year out I think she is just eating what she wants and has re stretched her stomach out! I eat small anyway it's just I snack to much so hoping it will work for me!

I'm getting the band, my aunty has it and it's done her wonders. It also worked for my mum when she had it done. There's a few people in the family that have bands and they're all happy with it.

I just can't wait!!! :D

I've read all the posts, hard to keep up!! My surgeon is Mr Simon Banting from melbourne surgical group. He operates out of St Vincent's private. He consults from moonee ponds too.

Survived day 3 of pre op diet and I'm feeling not too shabby. I'm tired though and am feeling a little hungry at night but that's it. Only 11 days to go now!

Oh and getting a little hangry when I drive lol

And Bee I'm taking a multi Vitamin, hair skin and nails by Suisse and benefibre. I've got myself a pill crusher for when I'm post op in case I have issues swallowing. Mix it in some Soup or something.

Edited by Chez

My surgeon is Ian Michell. He has his main office in Richmond but also consults in Niddrie and Heidelberg. The out of pocket for the sleeve was $4400 and when I was revised to RNY it was free. He is also on the team of surgeons who do liver transplants.

Although I did have a stomach which was too large when the sleeve was done he could think of no explanation other than it happens sometimes. Not very helpful really but I have no complaints with his surgical skills. Sounds weird when I say that I suppose but although I had to be revised, It was not because of strictures, hourglass shape, leaks or any other complications. If only they could cure Migraines so easily :unsure:

On a more personal note:- I have managed to stay away from the Nutella for 2 days now. Yay! Go me. I went to Aldi and bought some of the Werther's Original with no added sugar. So I had a sweet treat without all the calories. :D

The stress of looking for work is unreal! Was so much easier when I could forget about work while I was caring for my daughter, but so glad she has gotten through her chemo and out the other side with no side effects so far.

Just realized I haven't mentioned that before. Will do on another post.

My daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia the day I had been booked in to see the dietitian. She had been headachey for 4 days and was tired and pale. Took her to the doctors on Sunday lunchtime and Monday at 6am we got a phone-call from the pathologist saying she has leukaemia, you need to get to the Children's Hospital as soon as possible. OMG! What a horrible wake-up that was!

So we somehow managed to survive peak hour travel into Melbourne (don't ask me how) and 2 hours later it was confirmed at the Children's that she did indeed have leukaemia. We were then told that they had to do a bone marrow extraction to find out which type of leukaemia she had.

By then my husband had arrived at the hospital for support. Thank God for that.

For the rest of the first day, she had blood transfusions and platelets transfusions and was taken to theatre the following morning for a lumbar puncture and bone marrow extraction. Results came back that night saying she had the most common type of leukaemia and her chances of beating it were 85%. Yippee. :D

Well anyway, the long and short of it was my original surgery was put off for 2 years while she went through most of her chemo. And then the revision was done 1 month before she finished chemo completely.

A very long and stressful road it was too! 2 1/2 years from diagnosis to end of chemo. And now we have a 5 year period where we wait and see if the treatment was successful. Her chances of beating it completely has risen to 90%

And of course the finances are completely in the pits. Hence the job search. I just don't feel ready to go back to work but I have no choice. :(

I've read all the posts, hard to keep up!! My surgeon is Mr Simon Banting from melbourne surgical group. He operates out of St Vincent's private. He consults from moonee ponds too.

Survived day 3 of pre op diet and I'm feeling not too shabby. I'm tired though and am feeling a little hungry at night but that's it. Only 11 days to go now!

Oh and getting a little hangry when I drive lol

And Bee I'm taking a multi Vitamin, hair skin and nails by Suisse and benefibre. I've got myself a pill crusher for when I'm post op in case I have issues swallowing. Mix it in some Soup or something.

Hi chez

I am I'm Essendon as well! How did you find that surgeon did someone recommend him? What is your gap expenses?

Hence the job search. I just don't feel ready to go back to work but I have no choice. :(

Oh wow! I hope she is well, 90% is great!

Good luck with the job search, it's not easy but keep at it and you'll eventually get something!

Hence the job search. I just don't feel ready to go back to work but I have no choice. :(

Oh wow! I hope she is well, 90% is great!

Good luck with the job search, it's not easy but keep at it and you'll eventually get something!