Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bee

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Your amount of walking astounds me....Way to go, but just remember don't over do things will you.

You obviously feel fine with the walking?? You Go Girl!!

As for the puree, how long ago did you start it??

After I was tolerating things like pureed fruits and vege's, I went on to pureed meals like spag bol and thicker Soups.

I was told as long as they had no lumps it was all good and as you progress you can make it a little thicker.....just can't remember exactly when in the second week of puree I did that.

I made a spag bol with a bechamel sauce, pureed it and poured the bechamel sauce over the top and that was yum.

Once I was tolerating things like that I had tuna and avo but made the tuna mushy with mayo (the nurse at lap surgery game me that idea) and she also said runny poached eggs but no scrambled as that can be too lumpy.

Also another fantastic idea was to cook up a crumbed fish fillet and then peel off the crumbs and eat the inside of the fish, maybe mash it with mayo or tartar sauce or even just a milky mash potato or pumpkin. (again from the nurse at lap surgery)

From memory all of this was in the second week of puree I think.....what week are you on??

I know how you feel you long to just have something tasty but something that I found was that my tastebuds were wrecked for some time.

I have been addicted to coffee for about 10 years now and after surgery I just couldn't tolerate the smell let alone drink it.

I became severely lactose intolerant and couldn't have milk or cheese without feeling very sick.

Apparently this is normal and will pass, and it did.

I even had trouble with avocado's as they are high in fat and they too made me feel sick but again, all is good now.

I am better with it all now and one day about 5/6 weeks post op i smelled my husband making a coffee and said.....wow that smells fantastic I would love one, and since then I am back to my morning coffee and maybe an afternoon one but not often.

Oh how I missed my coffee haha.

Are you finding things any different??

Have your tastes changed??

If you are wanting to try something different and you are not too sure about it, you could always call the nurses and ask (I did that several times and they are always great) or call or email Alexandria...

When do you have your post op check??

Edited by steveelea

Hey Bee UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Your amount of walking astounds me....Way to go, but just remember don't over do things will you. You obviously feel fine with the walking?? You Go Girl!! As for the puree, how long ago did you start it?? After I was tolerating things like pureed fruits and vege's, I went on to pureed meals like spag bol and thicker Soups. I was told as long as they had no lumps it was all good and as you progress you can make it a little thicker.....just can't remember exactly when in the second week of puree I did that. I made a spag bol with a bechamel sauce, pureed it and poured the bechamel sauce over the top and that was yum. Once I was tolerating things like that I had tuna and avo but made the tuna mushy with mayo (the nurse at lap surgery game me that idea) and she also said runny poached eggs but no scrambled as that can be too lumpy. Also another fantastic idea was to cook up a crumbed fish fillet and then peel off the crumbs and eat the inside of the fish, maybe mash it with mayo or tartar sauce or even just a milky mash potato or pumpkin. (again from the nurse at lap surgery) From memory all of this was in the second week of puree I think.....what week are you on?? I know how you feel you long to just have something tasty but something that I found was that my tastebuds were wrecked for some time. I have been addicted to coffee for about 10 years now and after surgery I just couldn't tolerate the smell let alone drink it. I became severely lactose intolerant and couldn't have milk or cheese without feeling very sick. Apparently this is normal and will pass, and it did. I even had trouble with avocado's as they are high in fat and they too made me feel sick but again, all is good now. I am better with it all now and one day about 5/6 weeks post op i smelled my husband making a coffee and said.....wow that smells fantastic I would love one, and since then I am back to my morning coffee and maybe an afternoon one but not often. Oh how I missed my coffee haha. Are you finding things any different?? Have your tastes changed?? If you are wanting to try something different and you are not too sure about it, you could always call the nurses and ask (I did that several times and they are always great) or call or email Alexandria... When do you have your post op check??

Hey Leanne

I saw them today they were like wow ur doing great! I'm so excited in down to 122.6kg I started at 137kg and Sw was 129.8 not bad in a week lolllll ummm on week one of purée had my staples removed today I did try some avocado and ricotta that was easy to eat then I got creative with my pressure cooker all good made a lamb shank and whizzed it in the hand blender a bit and chewed it and I also added sweet potato and pumpkin to the pot and they absorbed the flavours and then gave that a whizz and it was off this planet! Also made pudding out of Bordem now that's dangerous food goes down way too easy lolll

Maybe I could try ur spaghetti Bol idea sounds pretty spesh!

Hey Chez! How are you going babe? Have u starte the pre opp? How u feeling?

Hey ladies :)

Bee so glad to hear you are doing so well. It's great listening to you both it's reassuring. Me I'm ok at the moment. Been eating everything in sight and feel ordinary. I just want to get the surgery over and done with now. This week I'll begin getting ready for the pre op diet. Bee how long were you in hospital for??

Leanne did you get the all clear for the gym?

Bee awesome work in your walking and weightloss to date!

3 weeks ladies :)

Bee its so good to get the staples out isn't it....It all feels so much better after that I remember that feeling :))

And you weightloss is fantastic!! Well done, it's falling off you!

Hey Chez I am not back at the surgeons for another 4 weeks yet so I will find out then.

I think I would be ok to do very light weights and walking but anything more I will just wait I don't want to stuff anything up.

Even though I feel great, I can still feel that things are healing inside and maybe I am being paranoid, but after having 5 operations with the lapband, I want to be extra cautious with this one and make sure everything is perfect before I push myself.

3 weeks not long now.....enjoy this last week of eating full meals :D

A friend of mine has just told me that she wants to get the sleeve done and she is booking in for June for the op with Chris Hensman (same as you Bee)

She has told me she is going to her favorite places to eat what she wants before it's done.

I never did that but I don't really miss it anyway.

Went out for dinner on Saturday night with family and friends and then to watch my dad and brother play (they are in a band) and it was the first time I have gone out to dinner since having the sleeve.

I just ordered Soup caus it looked so good and I managed 5 spoon fulls.

Then I had a little bit of hubbys pork ribs and a a couple of chips and it tasted amazing.

I said oh I am cheap to feed now hey....and he turned to our friends and said "Yeah but she makes up for it with her drinks"

Haha guess thats a bonus that I get more money to spend on my drinks.....but I miss my scotch and coke because the bubble still bloat me and make me feel uncomfortable, so I have to drink like vodka and cranberry or oj, or wine.

Tell you what wine hits me hard when you don't have a lot in your stomach its feels a little like drinking on an empty stomach......guess I'm a cheap drunk now too haha :P

Hey ladies :) Bee so glad to hear you are doing so well. It's great listening to you both it's reassuring. Me I'm ok at the moment. Been eating everything in sight and feel ordinary. I just want to get the surgery over and done with now. This week I'll begin getting ready for the pre op diet. Bee how long were you in hospital for?? Leanne did you get the all clear for the gym? Bee awesome work in your walking and weightloss to date! 3 weeks ladies :)

Hey Chez :)

Lol eat away Hun! I probably shouldn't encourage that but that's what I did an I didn't care!!! Urgh the preopp is seriously worse than the surgery itself. I hated it! But u have us as a support group and if u stuff up don't worry too much just pick urself up again it happens we r human ????

I got sleeved on Thursday 1st and I was out by Sunday they said I was a star patient I just kept walking around got my mum to help me wheel the drip. In all honesty it hurt less to walk than it did to sit I'm still a little sore sometimes it's just that main incision point they work out of that and it has internal stitching so it's a bit sore but u my friend are going to do amazingly! To be honest I loved my hospital stay it was nice to be waited on hand and foot i pressed a buzzer and BANG! A nurse came and fixed whatever didn't feel right lol so enjoy ur time in the hospital it's like a mini vacation ???? oh and don't be shy with the pain meds I made the doc write a script for some endone so that when I came home if it was too painful I could take it ????

Bee its so good to get the staples out isn't it....It all feels so much better after that I remember that feeling :)) And you weightloss is fantastic!! Well done, it's falling off you! Hey Chez I am not back at the surgeons for another 4 weeks yet so I will find out then. I think I would be ok to do very light weights and walking but anything more I will just wait I don't want to stuff anything up. Even though I feel great, I can still feel that things are healing inside and maybe I am being paranoid, but after having 5 operations with the lapband, I want to be extra cautious with this one and make sure everything is perfect before I push myself. 3 weeks not long now.....enjoy this last week of eating full meals :D A friend of mine has just told me that she wants to get the sleeve done and she is booking in for June for the op with Chris Hensman (same as you Bee) She has told me she is going to her favorite places to eat what she wants before it's done. I never did that but I don't really miss it anyway. Went out for dinner on Saturday night with family and friends and then to watch my dad and brother play (they are in a band) and it was the first time I have gone out to dinner since having the sleeve. I just ordered Soup caus it looked so good and I managed 5 spoon fulls. Then I had a little bit of hubbys pork ribs and a a couple of chips and it tasted amazing. I said oh I am cheap to feed now hey....and he turned to our friends and said "Yeah but she makes up for it with her drinks" Haha guess thats a bonus that I get more money to spend on my drinks.....but I miss my scotch and coke because the bubble still bloat me and make me feel uncomfortable, so I have to drink like vodka and cranberry or oj, or wine. Tell you what wine hits me hard when you don't have a lot in your stomach its feels a little like drinking on an empty stomach......guess I'm a cheap drunk now too haha :P [/quote

Hey Hun!

Hope u get cleared for the gym soon! I can't wait to do some yoga and body pump! I'm still walking daily but u know don't want saggy skin! I think the weight loss is slowing down a bit who knows lol I'm now 121.7 but at my mums I was 121.5 am I goin to stress over 200gr HELL NOOOOO!!!!! The way I see it the weight has no choice but to come of lol

Good job on going out! I was a bit stressed about that we were going to go out for Mother's Day but ended up at home and I ate some chicken! I've been having some chicken in Soups and stuff not fully mushed and it went down well I was so excited of course the 1/8th that I took I couldn't even get through half of it so by the time everyone ate their massive plates barely chewing their food I was full...I think I've kinda skipped purée they said as long as u keep it soft ur good so that's exciting! Tried mince meat too that's easy to eat as well :)

So Leanne what sort of things have u been eating? How long did u wait before ur first drink?

P.s- Love being sleeved!

Chez, Bee is right about the endone......my doc didn't want to write me up a script for it so when the head nurse went down to the chemist to get my other scripts filled he rang my room and said, is it ok with you if I get a dr to write up a script for endone for when you get home and of course i said "Hell Yeah" haha

I didn't even need it much and it was just for night time when I was the most uncomfortable but it sure is wise to ask for it....why should we feel any discomfort at all and endone is a wonder drug I tell you!!

Bee I waited about 6 weeks I think before I had my first drink....maybe a bit less than that??

I know I was almost 8 weeks post op at Easter and we went away camping and boating and I drank every night :blush:

I have had to change what I drink as I said I can't drink bubbles yet so no scotch and coke or Champers <_<

BUT i am starting to love vodka and cranberry or oj so thats ok but just not my favorite drink.

Mind you I think your tastes change a lot.

As for food I can eat almost anything...except I have trouble when I eat things that are gassy foods like colslaw or cabbage/onions too because I get bad gas pains in my upper stomach under my ribs and it goes to my shoulder.

I assume that will settle with healing as I swell so easily, I even get stiches in my upper tummy if I have done a lot of driving or wear firm pants around my stomach....it just feels like a stitch from running too much??

I am a sweller though and it was the same with each op just different places depending on where they operated.

The other food I try to avoid is fresh bread.....becasue it fills me up too fast and I can't fit anything else in.

They told me after a year I will be able to eat a small entre' size (like the size of the lapband plate not sure if they showed you that or if you have one) so I assume I will be able to eat like half a sandwich then??

Anyway it's no big deal I just have toast or crackers and thats my carbs.....or even a mini wrap they are yum too and the wrap bread is ok if I only have half a mini wrap haha

My weight has stayed the same for about a week but my clothes feel bigger so I think it's just shifting around??

One thing that I have noticed is that the more often I eat the more weight I lose, but if I eat hardly anything because I forget to eat when I am busy or just not hungry, I don't lose weight. I am starting to think that eating more often works for me and hardly eating at all makes my body think that I have gone into starvation and switches to that mode so it stores everything.....not too sure but it sort of makes sense seeing as we can hardly eat anything now????

Glad your lovin your sleeve......me too. Its one of the best decisions I have ever made!!!!!

So much better than the lapbad as I am not restriced to certain foods....I can eat what I want and it doesn't get stuck!!

That's an amazing feeling I am still trying to get used to....FREEDOM :lol:

Hey Leanne!

Love that ur a drinker lol I was wondering when I could drink I have a wedding to go to on 7th June so wouldn't mind a bit of moscato lol oooo I love vodka! Add a dash of grenadine to your vodka oj or some raspberry cordial or Syrup just a dash and u have a vodka sunrise lol

Well I'm 13 days out now ???? and I'm eating some soft meats and some mince and poached eggs and stuff pretty much anything goes down ok... Haven't tried bread I'm not too into it I don't think Tiny (that's my sleeve) will like it hahah

Have u started taking anything for the hair loss that we are expecting? Did u stall at 3 weeks? Oh and can u do a number 2 lol

I'm trying to encourage my twin sister to get something done too and her husband he's a big boy maybe I can inspire them.....

Oh and yes I have my plate hahaha it's awesome at the moment I'm measuring out 1/4 cup of food and I can eat that but I get really full really quickly lol but it's nice hanging around the dinner table with the family watching how much they eat and then looking at my plate (side plate and baby fork) by the time they haven't chewed their food I haven't even gotten through my teeny serving it's awesome!!!!!!!

Hey Bee....yes I LOVE a drink

For my fist time that I had a drink after the op, I just took it slow over the night to make sure that I didn't have a bad reaction....something I was paranoid about after not being able to take lactose for a while so it just worried me that I would have pains in my stomach all night, but it went down so well....ahhh my old friend haha

I love the sound of rasp cordial to make a sunrise...haha can't say that without doing the Katut n Rhonda voice in my head hehe.

Glad Tiny (haha love it) is coping well with the foods

As for hair loss I was unaware, but I have always lost heaps of hair and have so much of it, but I must admit I lose less when I get my Vitamin B shots regularly...maybe that helps.

I opted for the three monthly injections as I have been having them since I got the lapband anyway and its just one less tablet to take :rolleyes:

Toilet.... :blush: haha....Ok spoke to my nurse about this and everyone is different but, I used to go every day before the band, then every second day with the band, and now I go every second or third day with the sleeve and she said thats fine

Mind you on the Iron tablets that I have just started back on they make you go every day (some people they do the opposite but mostly they make you go) and they said for me to have 2 per day but i tried that and I am sticking to 1 thank you very much ;)

So I guess if I every have trouble I will just take 2 Iron tabs haha

As far as stalling yes I have quite a few times, at 3 weeks then at 6 and now so every few weeks but I think its your way of your body catching up??

I have been on a big stall and got on the scales this morning and I was 119.7 so just under 120....WOOOHOOOO

Wish it was more but hey I will take it!!

I figure I can't not lose weight with the sleeve and it will happen eventually.....just have to make sure I keep active and eat right.

I went to visit a friend at the hospital yesterday and took the stairs and didn't get puffed out once....something i only noticed when I was walking along looking for her room and I wasn't puffing.

I know its small but its the little things that make me excited!! :D

Sleeve.....I am so in love with you :lol:

Edited by steveelea

Hey ladies how's things!! Apologies for bring AWOL the last week. Bee I've been eating plenty don't you worry! And thanks to you both for the info re: endone I've written it down. 4 days and then pre op starts. I think a new level of reality will sink in then. I just want to be on the other side. Loving that you both enjoy a drink, I do too. Leanne congrats on getting under 120!! Bee how are you going with weightloss?

Edited by Chez

Hey lovely ladies!

Ok so I'm so naughty I had a very little bit of skinny girl Cosmo mix tonight two sips and I was tipsy but omg I have been abused today! So I asked on two Facebook "support" groups how long people waited until they had a drink and hoe far out I was and that I was considering a drink not bottles just one teeny weeny drink and this one chick told me off!!! But before that I called the emergency line at lap surgery and then Mchenry called me back and he went off tap at me had me in tears! I get that it's for energencies and mine was a general question but they didn't tell me when I was discharged if I could or could not drink! So then hubby calls him back and let's him have it! Then hr apologised for bring such an ass. I said to him they never told me and that on discharge I was allowed to call and ask in fact they preferred if I called and asked instead of doing things that might damage me so aren't I better off calling before I make a mistake instead of u telling me to figure it out on Monday! Like wtf!!!!! Nasty!!!! I get it's for life threatening things but seriously to be yelled at I kid u not he yelled at me my jaw dropped!!!! Seriously I'm so dissppointed i know maybe it was trivial but I found out through MY OWN RESEARCH later of course that it can give u an ulcer and some people say wait 6 weeks some say 6 months some say 1 year like how am I supposed to know! Anyway he said that a few sips is ok after we had a 15 minute arguement he could have savec himself and me a lot of heartache if he just answered the question. I now feel like absolute crap that he spoke to me like that and then I got attacked on FB too seriously! Btw the drink I had was amazing u drank about 100ml over like 3 hours or something so it's ok I think! But I don't know.... I'm so glad I have u guys I can vent to I'm sorry for going on do much but thank u for listening!!!!

So today I hit 119.6 kg on my scale when I'm naked so happy days!!! I'm coming up to this 3 week stall so I think it's time to work out on the cross trainer oh and I haven't walked in 2 days I went back to work today but I'm at a desk job and sitting for a long time made me sore so might have to take some painkillers to work on Monday!!!!

On the number 2 I think I should be more diligent with my fibre right now I feel a bit lost...

Chez have u started pre opp? How are u feeling?

Hey lovely ladies! Ok so I'm so naughty I had a very little bit of skinny girl Cosmo mix tonight two sips and I was tipsy but omg I have been abused today! So I asked on two Facebook "support" groups how long people waited until they had a drink and hoe far out I was and that I was considering a drink not bottles just one teeny weeny drink and this one chick told me off!!! But before that I called the emergency line at lap surgery and then Mchenry called me back and he went off tap at me had me in tears! I get that it's for energencies and mine was a general question but they didn't tell me when I was discharged if I could or could not drink! So then hubby calls him back and let's him have it! Then hr apologised for bring such an ass. I said to him they never told me and that on discharge I was allowed to call and ask in fact they preferred if I called and asked instead of doing things that might damage me so aren't I better off calling before I make a mistake instead of u telling me to figure it out on Monday! Like wtf!!!!! Nasty!!!! I get it's for life threatening things but seriously to be yelled at I kid u not he yelled at me my jaw dropped!!!! Seriously I'm so dissppointed i know maybe it was trivial but I found out through MY OWN RESEARCH later of course that it can give u an ulcer and some people say wait 6 weeks some say 6 months some say 1 year like how am I supposed to know! Anyway he said that a few sips is ok after we had a 15 minute arguement he could have savec himself and me a lot of heartache if he just answered the question. I now feel like absolute crap that he spoke to me like that and then I got attacked on FB too seriously! Btw the drink I had was amazing u drank about 100ml over like 3 hours or something so it's ok I think! But I don't know.... I'm so glad I have u guys I can vent to I'm sorry for going on do much but thank u for listening!!!! So today I hit 119.6 kg on my scale when I'm naked so happy days!!! I'm coming up to this 3 week stall so I think it's time to work out on the cross trainer oh and I haven't walked in 2 days I went back to work today but I'm at a desk job and sitting for a long time made me sore so might have to take some painkillers to work on Monday!!!! On the number 2 I think I should be more diligent with my fibre right now I feel a bit lost... Chez have u started pre opp? How are u feeling?

Bee,

I'm sorry you had to go through that. People are stupid and some get off getting on their high horse. Tell em to get stuffed. It annoys me that forums or support groups say they are open to all questions then bag you for asking them. Do you have a nutritionist to see? Maybe they might be better to talk to. Mate we are here to chat as well.

How are you feeling? Me I'm doing ok. I start pre op tomorrow and the reality is hitting me. I had a little cry today but I'm ok. Oh with the pre op, I'm going to call tomorrow but wanted to know if you could have chicken breast? Just a little.

2 weeks to go...

Edited by Chez

Hey Chez!

Yeah I'm going to call lap surgery tomorrow and ask to speak to the dietician and see what she recxomends. I unjoined the group don't need that kind of negativity in my life it was an honest and innocent question but all is well ????

I'm good lovely haven't exercised for a few days but I've been a bit sore since I started back at work I think the sitting position makes it painful so we will see how it all goes....

I had a sook before I started preopp too just this wave of panic and what are u doing hit me and I freaked out And then I was ok!

Preopp huh! Good luck with it which shakes did you get? And yes 100g of chicken is ok my dietician allowed me to have a lean meal with 100g of Protein..,, I'm here for u during this preopp it will get better hang in there ok xoxoxoxox you've got this ????

Wow Bee you don't need that Facebook crap.....you did the right thing by leaving the group.

With so many groups there is the ones that like to play Big Brother and think they know everything, and they wait to prey of new people to attack.....swear thats how they get their thrills!!!

You don't need people like that and I would have reported it to admin (unless it was admin then you have no hope) so that they don't keep getting away with it.....You should have told me or tell me what group and I will go in there and comment.

I give as good as I get believe me!!

You will not get an ulcer from a few sips of grog for goodness sake, they are insane!!

They just wanted to put the fear of god into you for some nasty reason.

Just relax and listen to your body.

Just send Alexadria the dietitian an email or give her a call, she is lovely and will tell you what you need to know.

Way to go under 120!!!! Love that milestone.

I haven't moved any further down but it's gotta come off sometime hey.

Can't not lose weight on the amount of food we live on ;)

Hows the first day going Chez??

How exciting almost there!!!! :D

Wow Bee you don't need that Facebook crap.....you did the right thing by leaving the group. With so many groups there is the ones that like to play Big Brother and think they know everything, and they wait to prey of new people to attack.....swear thats how they get their thrills!!! You don't need people like that and I would have reported it to admin (unless it was admin then you have no hope) so that they don't keep getting away with it.....You should have told me or tell me what group and I will go in there and comment. I give as good as I get believe me!! You will not get an ulcer from a few sips of grog for goodness sake, they are insane!! They just wanted to put the fear of god into you for some nasty reason. Just relax and listen to your body. Just send Alexadria the dietitian an email or give her a call, she is lovely and will tell you what you need to know. Way to go under 120!!!! Love that milestone. I haven't moved any further down but it's gotta come off sometime hey. Can't not lose weight on the amount of food we live on ;) Hows the first day going Chez?? How exciting almost there!!!! :D

Hey Leanne!!! Thank you so much! I've been freaking our lol they were like u can cause a leak and make urself sick and bla bla bla lolll what nutcases the group is Spring into Sleeving and I emailed the person that invited me through here and told them where they can shove the group lol you are so right I think this chick does get her thrills from scaring people and being all I'm so perfect whatever lollll!

Yay I was excited about the 119.6 magic number lol now I can't wait to be under 115 lol but I of course have hit the lovely 3 week stall I think I will have to stay off the scale for a week or two? Don't think I can do 2 weeks but 1 weekish? How long did ur first stall last?

Hey Chez how was Day 1? How r u feeling?