Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afterthoughts about my VACATION

Made it through my first two week long vacation better than I have in the past, but not quite as well as I would have liked. Did not exercise at a gym, which was available at my hotel, but walked and walked around NYC every day. No wonder I didn't see too many overweight New Yorkers...... they WALK everywhere! Wished I would have gotten to the gym everyday, for it does give me the added energy boost that I now crave. Skipped all of the stops my friends made at different bakeries, and didn't feel like I missed out on any of that, because I am SOOOOO OVER SUGAR! Ate at very odd times, but tried to make good Protein choices as often as possible. Carried Protein Bars in my purse in case of a need, and I did share and eat them a few times. Ate pizza for the first time in two years...... Loved every bite, but the band kept me from having more than a slice, so that was great. Continued to log into MyFitnessPal every day. Exceeded my calorie goal every day, but only by a few hundred calories and because I didn't know how to log in the calories expended for daily walking. Met up with GoWalking and LisaCaron for coffee, and that was an AWESOME experience...... to actually meet two BariatricPal posters in person. Overall, this trip is in the memory bank and I know that I can continue to live the banded life even when I'm not home and not in my daily routine!!!!!!! LOTS OF RAMBLING, HUH?

Ramble away! I'm glad you had a great time in our big city! Walking is one thing that I do miss being on Long Island. When I lived in the city your right I walked EVERYWHERE! Even with 3 little kids, I put them in the carriage and we walked all over town. Out here you have to drive to get to most places, and you never have to parallel park every place has a drive way or parking lot!

It was awesome to be able to meet up with fellow bandsters and BP posters! It’s a bit of drive into NYC for me but I am always up for a visit to meet some friends! One day soon once Ken is healed up from his surgery we are going to plan a trip down South your way. I have always wanted to visit, and as yet have not had the opportunity.

I love being banded especially when we travel on vacations. We have been on a few since being banded and it’s been great because we didn’t come home with any weight! I don’t really log in calories or any of that stuff…just eat and live my life and enjoy. We are losing slowly but surely and I am very happy to report feeling healthy.

HealthyNewMe, LisaCaron and Gowalking...I am sooooooooooooooo jealous, although I am an upstater New Yorker...I would have loved to meet you all as well and roam the street in NYC. really good memories there when I was growing up. I'm hoping that if you all get to Georgia you all let me know I would love to meet and show you around here too. some of my family were from LA so been there done that in both locations...sounds like you all had a blast. So glad HealthyNewMe you did so great...all three of you ladies are very inspirational to me...I am a newbie and trying really hard...have slowed down but seem to be losing at least 1 lb a week lately again. So here's to all of us on our band journey!!! Y'all are the bestest!!!

Glad you had a good time in my town. (Now you know why my being able to walk was such a vital thing)

Glad to know that you got home OK.

...and best of all...so very glad that I got to meet you.

Now I know that I can say I have a friend from New Orleans and that makes me very happy.

I know this is ambitious but maybe we need to do a cruise. This way, we can meet up. Would love to see Tammie again and meet Mikee, Jamilyne, Sharpie, tmf, Jim, Bandista, my BFF down in Raleigh, Arlene, and whoever else wants to come. The more the merrier I say. So....who wants to take this one on and organize it? Maybe we need to PM Alex.....lol.

Plan it out far enough Kelli and I might be able to make it. Bariatric Pal Cruise 2015!!

Plan it out far enough Kelli and I might be able to make it. Bariatric Pal Cruise 2015!!

I agree 2015 is a better date. Need at least a year out after you find the trip and get people pre-registered.

I would start with a poll on suggested trips and time of year suggestions and go from there.

Having never booked a cruise I would help but leave that to someone with actual experience in it.

Good to read this, since I leave for a two week vacation two weeks from now. I just started solid foods and had my first fill yesterday, so back on liquids til tomorrow evening. I've been wondering if I would make an effort to exercise while on my trip. I know there will be lots of walking in Italy. We're visiting four cities, and it's the first vacation I've ever taken with my husband where we're not renting a car. I'm thrilled.

Today is the first day since March 14 that I'm not on the treadmill or my Water class. How I did it, beats me, but somehow I wrecked my knee in my sleep last night. Woke up and couldn't bear weight without pain. I've been hobbling around all day. Bizarre. Anyway, I'll have a challenge in Italy to keep my exercise going and eat sensibly for two weeks. I'm psyched and feel good about it now, especially since I'll have some restriction for the first time ever. So glad to hear your vacation was a success!