Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months out and no weight loss, gained 3 lbs?wth?

Hello all, first off let me say that I am in no way regretting my decision to have the gastric sleeve done. I am confused about my current situation. I am 2 months out and I knew from researching and talking to my surgeon that I won't lose a lot of weight like I did in the first few weeks so that is fine but the issue I am having is, I have not lost 1 lb in 3 weeks but I have gained 3 lbs. I had lost a total of 30 lbs, my weight was 243 and now it is 246. I am aggravated and do not know what to do. I track my foods online. Anyone know what the issue is?

There is a little known phenomenon that occurs due to the gravitational pull of the moon. If you weigh yourself in the morning before 6 am and then again after 3 pm the scale will show and increase of about 3-4 pounds. True fact.

No......not true fact. But you were paying close attention, weren't you. That is the problem. You are paying too close of attention to weighing yourself. I would bet you do it more than once a day. Stop already. Try.....and I know it will be agonizing....but try to weigh yourself once a week.

I actually laugh when I see a couple of pounds drop on the scale cause I know it's likely to be temporary. But no biggie as I also know that maintaining my routine will result in permanent losses as time goes on.

As you continue to follow your routine, the little changes will matter less and less and you will focus on the long term end results.

Keep it up.......you're doing fine. ;)

You also have to look at Water retintion. So just be patient. Easier said than done, i KNOW!!! lol :rolleyes:

Recycled, I am not an obsessive person, I do not weigh myself several times a day. I do not know

why you would say that?! I weigh once a week because I was told too by my bariatric team, I was

originally only going to measure myself. So I was only asking because I am gaining weight and as I said I was not worried about losing massive weight I was only concerned about the weight gain

part of it.

Recycled, I am not an obsessive person, I do not weigh myself several times a day. I do not know

why you would say that?!

Lighten up. I do not know you and was only trying to lighten the mood and downplay the significance of a couple of pounds. Nothing personal. Guess you just took it wrong.

Again, like I said before.......keep it up, you're doing fine. :mellow:

Let me try again........

Anyone know what the issue is?

Nope!

Recycled, You are an ignorant obnoxious person who has nothing else to do but heckle people. You did not have to reply to my question much less continue your bs.

Recycled, You are an ignorant obnoxious person who has nothing else to do but heckle people.

Wow. :blush:

I BELIEVE WE ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. I WAS ALSO SLEEVED IN FEB. ND DIDNT EVEN LOSE CLOSE TO 50LBS YET. WHAT ARE U EATING AND ARE U DRINKING A LOT OF Water N Protein?

riisey007,

I just came out of an aggravating 7 week stall myself, which completely included my third month post op and then some. At a recent visit with the bariatric physician, she suggested that I take my Fluid consumption from 64 to 80 ounces or more. The science being that taking in more Water helps your body release Water. She also raised my Protein from 70 grams to 80 grams. I still drink one shake per day to help get that Protein in. For that I had to increase my calories from 600 to 800-1000, to break an apparent bout of starvation syndrome. Well guess what? The stall broken and weight loss has resumed. I wish you good health and good luck with your weight loss.

Precious Vsg and Miss Mac, Thank you so much. I have looked over my lab work and I know that my

calorie intake needs to be increased especially in the Protein area. I was not and currently am not able to tolerate Protein Drinks and powders, I do not eat Protein Bars like Quest bars etc

because my tummy can't handle anything real sweet and heavy textured so I have to always eat my

protein. I devised a plan to increase my caloric intake and increase my carbs to around 60 per day, I am also upping my protein to 80. I buy all high protein items in order for me to not feel as

though I am missing out on anything by not being able to use protein supplements. This is a hard

road, no amount of nutrition classes can prepare you for the real journey, I am a medical

professional and I get lost in how our body works sometimes. I really was not as worried about weight loss but more worried about weight gain. I do believe it was because I was scared to take in a lot of calories and not realizing I need those calories. Looking at my labs I know that my

protein definitely needed to be upped. I wish us all well. Peace to you all.

Edited by riisey007

I'm in the same boat. :/ I was sleeved on 3/31 and given the goal to lose 20-25 lbs per month. On surgery day, I weighed 330. The first month, I lost about 25 and then 10 the 2nd month and about 10 the 3rd. I went through the famous 3 week stall... and I bounce back and forth between 5lbs. It's frustrating.

Unfortunately, my bariatric team is 2 hours north of me and I had to postpone my 3 month appt. I'm thinking I should check in with them and see what kind of advice they have for me.

Just wanted to chime in that you're not alone.