Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats!! If you need any support or just a shoulder to lean on feel free to message me any time. I can tell you this the Bariatric staff at the hospital is top notch. If you need something speak up and let them know. They will be there to make you comfortable.

Give us a shout out after surgery and let is know how you are doing, and remember I'm here if you need a friend!

Thank you!!!

Good luck!!

Thank you!

Hello all! Glad to be working with Lisa and Liz!

I live in Nassau county and work in Queens. I was also banded with plication by Dr.Geiss at Syosset hospital.

I just had my 6 1/2 month visit with the doc and all is good! Woo hoo!!

It was so nice to meet several "bandsters" at the first meet and greet and we look forward to meeting so many more at the next one!!!!

Im from LI and would love to attend!! I am beingbbeandedbat the hospital in Syosset on monday (Gulp!)

Yeah...the day is here...you are going to do great!

Let your mom take good care of you for those 1st days!!

Let us know how it goes and message me if you need to chat!

New goal for me: trip to NY to see three of my favorite on-line peeps. One of these days!

Bandista, I'm going to the Big Apple April 23-28. I already told GoWalking I'd like to meet her there for coffee. You are another person I'd live to have coffee with!

Me, too; one of these days we'll pull that off!

New goal for me: trip to NY to see three of my favorite on-line peeps. One of these days!

Bandista, I'm going to the Big Apple April 23-28. I already told GoWalking I'd like to meet her there for coffee. You are another person I'd live to have coffee with!

Me, too; one of these days we'll pull that off!

We'll have to do a cruise together...

Hello. Just a quick message that surgery went well. I stayed overnighy as I was told would happen. I got home early afternoon. The gas pain isnt too bad but the port site is a killer! So excited ro start this new chapter n the surgery is over!

Hello. Just a quick message that surgery went well. I stayed overnighy as I was told would happen. I got home early afternoon. The gas pain isnt too bad but the port site is a killer! So excited ro start this new chapter n the surgery is over!

I'm so happy for you!! I found that a nice ice pack right on the port site helps sooo much with the pain! You can move the bag around if you need to on other area's as well. It also helps with itching as the stitches heal up.

Heating pad on your back, shoulders, help with the gas. My favorite liquid was Decaf tea. It helped soothe my belly and also helped with the gas pains.

Another awesome trick is ice pops they help with the inside swelling, and give you a feeling of "eating" something.

When you move to mushy's (blender foods) I really enjoyed Wendy's chilli in the blender with a dab of fat free sour cream or not depending on how you like it.

Feel good and hope to see you soon!

Lisa that is exactly what I have been doing! I actually slept with an ice pack on last night. I couldn't find a flavor of sugar free ice pops I liked so I found the sugar free ones made by Luigi. They have been amazing. I was also told to do Gatorade so I am also doing that. I am walking around the house but will take a stroll outside in a lil while when I have someone with me.

That chili sounds amazing! And I love sour cream so that sounds even better. Thanks for the tips!!!!

Hi love the idea of the get together with fellow wls friends. I live in Queens. How will you let us know when, what and where

for the activities.?

Hi love the idea of the get together with fellow wls friends. I live in Queens. How will you let us know when, what and where

for the activities.?

Hi gourmetone. We are finalizing the details now. I can tell you that the meeting will be on June 14th so please hold the date if you can. We will send out the time and location shortly and Alex will also send a blast email so all our friends in the area will have this information as well. Hope to see you there!

Liz

Thanks sound great

Hi everyone, my name is Lourdes and I have gotten my surgery on April 14th, 2014. I'm soon entering one week post-op and looking forward to speaking with anyone about the process/experiences that we can share with one another. So far I have my first post op visit with my surgeon on Thursday so I'm hoping soon I have been cleared with my NUT to head over to stage 2.

I am a little over 3 weeks out. Each stage is interesting, figuring out what to eat and when to eat it. I still can't tell when I have had too much, sometimes I am too late and then it hurts. A lot of learning going on. Good luck on stage 2 :)

First of all,Happy Easter----by the grace of God u have survived your surgery!i trust ur doing well as u seem to be ready fooor stage two. ihope u r sleeping okay and that ur reealtively painfree. iam awaitng insurance approval for a revisioo of a bypass by lapbnding. i hope u will get alot of responses to help u in ur journey-------all the best to u.