Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel/Support Buddies for Mexico Sleeve Surgery?

I'll be arriving June 11 surgery date June 12 and I'll be returning home the 16th!

Where are you having your surgery? That's my date also. Dr. Jose Rodriguez.

I'm using Dr. Garcia and he operates a hospital CER

@KC VSG, what hospital are you going to? I'm going with longtermVSG (@JL Prado surgical center) and am planning to have my surgery on June 11 or 12 with Dr. Maytorena.< /p>

Edited by cmhueto

I wish I'm done ! 2 June seems to far , will you be flying inn ?

I used bariatricpal as my coordinators, I didn't want to worry about anything...they did it all, transportations, medical fees, long distance calls and wifi, and this guys and my surgeon staff they were always taking care of me.

Hi Dr

My name is Terence ,I would like to know how can I avoid DVT since I will be flying from South Africa to Mexico ?

[quore name=tpakkies" post="3838226" timestamp="1432302473]Hi Dr

My name is Terence ,I would like to know how can I avoid DVT since I will be flying from South Africa to Mexico ?

The reason they worry about dvt when flying after surgery is due to prolonged sitting. Try and walk as much as possible on the flights! Get up every time you can! Try and get a isle seat and walk up and down the isle every hour 1/2 or so! Also change your seating position rotate crossed legs stretch legs out in the isle or under the seat in front of you etc.... Keep them moving! Good luck! Stay moving and you'll be fine!

Edited by alindsey

hey guys. i'll be going soon too. I don't know exactly when but im starting the financing process now and contacting dr. kelly and dr rodriguez and maybe dr ortiz. i will be willing to travel with anyone to do our surgeries together. as a bonus, i speak spanish i if i can be of assistance to anyone. PM me for email so we can coordinate! thanks

Pr-pitbullgirl...did you set a date? Im going in November alone

I will also be travelling alone the End of may beginning of june.. Bu sounds like I probably will get there after you, Probably June 1. I will be travelling from Alberta.

how did travelling alone go? Would you recommend it to others or try to steer them away?

Edited by Remix

I was sleeved on 2nd of June at Oasis of Health /Florence Hospital went there through Medicaltourismco , Dr Mario Camelo was my Surgion ,I would Highly recommend him he is Excellent with his team my incisions have all healed no complications .