Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi i am 11 days post op and i was wondering if anyone has had the fear of failing. I am down 20 lbs but have not lost any weight in three days. I have a huge fear that i am going to fail when i get on the regular diet? Has anyone had these same thoughts are they normal?

I'm 9 days out and scared to death that I will eat my self stupid once again!! I feel stuffed and still looking at food thinking can't I try that!! So yes very afraid !!

I think that what you are feeling is totally normal and healthy! This is a tough road we have chosen to take and a healthy fear is necessary, in my opinion! It reminds us that we have had dark days in which the weight has caused depression, insecurities, health problems, etc. Keep focused and you WILL succeed! I will have my sleeve done on April 14th and I recently watch a show that depicted a 530 lb. woman actually gain weight after surgery! It scared me to death! But what that taught me is that I have to be diligent and realistic about my diet and embrace this new healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. I am worth it and you are too!

Yes I had the same fear at the beginning. I had the sleeve to help me keep weight off once I loss my excess weight .. I am 4 months out and I don't have that fear anymore. As long as I stick t what has to be done to get and stay healthy..there is no reason to be afraid. I do have days when I do treat myself to an occasional ice cream, slice of pizza, speciality meal , especially when I go in a trip. I don't beat myself down anymore for the occasional treat. When I was a "diet" in the past, I felt I cheated if I had something off the plan.. Of course the sabotage began I would binge since I was not perfect on my diet. Nowadays I do have these treats and do not have the cheating mentality. This works for me. As time goes by find out what works for you. Find out your triggers to want to over eat, mine is tiredness and anxiety So when I head hunger I evaluate how am feeling physically and mentally.. Is. My body really hungry ..and how do i feel ..angry, sad, exhausted, Etc. Once I identify my trigger. I take a moment to have a few swords with myself, like "no job or person is worth for me to sabotage my health". .. You will find your way to be more confident in your choices as times go on. Be positive, be hopeful, be courageous .. Best of luck

Hi i am 11 days post op and i was wondering if anyone has had the fear of failing. I am down 20 lbs but have not lost any weight in three days. I have a huge fear that i am going to fail when i get on the regular diet? Has anyone had these same thoughts are they normal?

One month post op and have to give myself a pep talk everyday!!!!! Just stay on course. I've been in a stall for 2 weeks. It's frustrating. Hang in there.

Hi ,

I think we all have and will have that fear yes! But just stay focused and keep in the back of your mind who and what made you do the surgery In the first place . I am a Sleever I had my surgery August 24,2012 and I was 264 now I'm 150 I am more than happy with my results but have had those moments and still have issues with omg pleas don't let me gain any weight but the truth is you'll loose weight tremendously but you also gain a pound or two like limbo but you will be successful trust me . Also keep in mind that you don't usually reach you Plato until your at least a year out and even than you'll never be the size you were! Good luck

Thanks for all the great advise.

Tara

My first few weeks I was definitely afraid that I would be the only person in history not to loose weight from the sleeve. After a few weeks I started to set in and feel good. Now that I'm three months out and am able to eat a little more, that fear has returned that I'll go backwards and not loose any more or gain it back. I think their will always be a part of me that will be afraid. A lifetime of struggle doesn't go away quickly. To bad they can't surgically remove the parts of the brain.

My first few weeks I was definitely afraid that I would be the only person in history not to loose weight from the sleeve. After a few weeks I started to set in and feel good. Now that I'm three months out and am able to eat a little more, that fear has returned that I'll go backwards and not loose any more or gain it back. I think their will always be a part of me that will be afraid. A lifetime of struggle doesn't go away quickly. To bad they can't surgically remove the parts of the brain.

Hey sweetie ,

I am a year and 8months out but I'm still battling the same thing , listen you will loose the weight just focus on the goal and you'll be fine , I eat a little more and I'm not really losing weight but I'm not gaining weight either I'm fine with that. Like you said it's a life time battle but eventually your mind won't realize that and you'll be in a swim suit on the beach thanking god you didn't drive your self nuts... Lol

I have felt everything that is described here. I lost quickly early on and thought, well, I guess this could be it. This might be all I lose (the scale quit moving for a few days)....then all at once, it started coming off again. I understand your fears though- this whole process is one big mental game!