Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV and an emotional night and I couldn't be happier!

My bariatric group hosted their first meet and greet, that was loaded with some great vendors giving out some nice goodies, and holding a few drawings for some cool stuff. Then they held an amazing fashion show using some of their patients that were willing to walk the catwalk in some beautiful outfits. They also provided some tasty Snacks, some healthy some not so healthy. (I will question that when I see him in the office next week). My mom, hubby, daughter, and daughter's best friend attended with me as my "support people" As the fashion show was coming to a close, I notice my surgeon standing in the back watching, and I slipped back to talk to him for a moment. I haven't seen him for 4 months, like I said I have an appt next week, he looked at me and seemed puzzled, he said I know you, but I don't know where I know you from. He thought I was a spouse of a patient. I reminded him that he did my surgery last May, and that I had lost 130 pounds, his mouth dropped open, and then it clicked who I was in his mind. He asked how I have been doing, and how I am feeling now that I am at my goal. I told him I feel amazing, I was so overcome with emotion that I just stepped forward pulled him into a hug and started to cry, on his very expensive suit. He hugged me back to my surprise (he is very professional, and doesn't have the most friendly personality, very to the point and blunt in the office) and said that he was just blown away with my success, and that he was PROUD of me, and wanted me in the next fashion show. My family had joined us at this point, and my mom made the comment that I was too thin, and he corrected her and said I was not too thin, I looked perfect. He said I looked like a barbie doll, and he wouldn't change a thing about me. I thanked him for saving my life, and he reminded me again tonight of something he said to me on the day of my surgery. He couldn't "fix me", but he was giving me the tools to fix myself. That has stuck with me, and when I start to think of cheating on my food plan, (I NEVER diet, I have a life long food plan) I think of the amazing tool he has given me, and how he told me it was up to me to make this tool work for me. I have worked my sleeve to it's fullest and I am proud to say that I have gone from a size 22/24 to a 4 yes that's right a 4. I am going to walk in the next fashion show, and I am not only going to walk, I'm going to strut my stuff. I am so proud of the work I have put into my new self, and I and forever greatful for the tool that Dr. Uchal had given to me. My life was changed on May 8th 2013, that will be the day I Celebrate my rebirth. I just wanted to share with you all, it was an NSV but seeing all the other women that had made the same amazing transformations that I have made brought me to tears. At the end of the show, they announced that the ladies that walked in the show tonight had lost a total of 2,200 pounds. Amazing. And my mother who needs the surgery told me that she was too old. Well tonight she met a woman that is older than her that was sleeved and lost 156 pounds. She looked AMAZING, and my mom asked her a ton of questions. I think she might actually look into being sleeved. This is something I have prayed about for the last year. My mom is diabetic, high blood pressure and high cholestrol, and she had to have back surgery, and now she needs knee surgery. I keep telling her the surgery would change her life. It would help her live longer, healthier and happier. She told me that she would do the surgery but doesn't want the excess skin, I told her I would rather have her with excess skin, and Alive, than bury her with tight skin. I don't want to lose my mom to obesity, when help is available. I think that actually sunk in tonight. I guess we will see what she does. I did my surgery to be here for my daughter, and I hope she is willing to do the same to be here for myself and my daughter.

Tonight was a great night. It also made me decide to help set up a monthly meeting for my area. I posted in the local group area so I guess tonight not only made me happy, but also made me see that I have a lot of support and motivation to offer.

Wonderful story..and thanks for sharing your emotional evening. Post pics of your modeling night.

So happy for your success!

Wonderful story..and thanks for sharing your emotional evening. Post pics of your modeling night.

We did some really fun pictures tonight with a professional photographer, and they will be emailed to us in a week or so. I will forsure post them. I didn't model tonight, but I will be up there next time.

Oh wow!!! Love this!!

what a wonderful evening! Sounds like it couldn't have been any better. Your story made me tear up.Congrats on your success and good luck to your mom, if she decides to do it

post-1845-0-55453900-1399427552_thumb.jpg post-1845-0-08937600-1399427559_thumb.jpg post-1845-0-35123000-1399427560_thumb.jpg

That's me in the orange, the young lady is the flowers is my almost 13 year old daughter,The young lady in pink is her bestie, the woman in black is my mom. And that handsome man is my hubby.

Edited by piercedqt78

I am getting banded on May 21st by Dr. Uchal. Nervous!

I am getting banded on May 21st by Dr. Uchal. Nervous!

Tomorrow is your big day! Tell Dr. Uchal Mandy Reineke says hi! You are going to be fine. Keep me posted on your progress!

Tomorrow is your big day! Tell Dr. Uchal Mandy Reineke says hi! You are going to be fine. Keep me posted on your progress!

Thank you! Feeling great, but ready for the band to be filled. I still have three more weeks before he will fill it. Having a hard time staying on track right now. Send some good vibes my way!

Very good read, thanks for sharing. what a great evening you had keep going and dont look back,