Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 2 weeks haven't told my fam.

So my surgery is on the 16th of this month. Anyone who knows me personally, know I am a very personal private person. I chose not to disclose my business to just anyone. I have not told my family, friends, or Co workers. I really could live without the bull crap, and opinions from others.

I have a coworker who appears to be nice and friendly, but being a woman we are able to read one another. She sometimes makes slick comments, about my weight and size. Since I have been on a liquid fast she even comments about that, like "oh that's crazy u not eating" I wish she wasn't so evasive and nosey I hate it so much. I feel like I can't do anything around her. She even will comment to another coworker about what I chose to eat or drink. She believes I am starving myself. She has no clue I am about to have surgery in 2 weeks. I can't wait to shut her and her slick ass comments up. I know a wise man once said, don't let them know your next move and to make ur next move, ur best move. I plan on doing just that. I am so determined this is my summer.

But back to the subject at hand, I only told my 2 bff ' s about my wls. They support me 100% . I know this won't be easy but with them by my side I will make it and I am so ready.

Haven't told many and in a few weeks you likely won't care and when you feel strong enough and IF it still bothers you look her straight in the eye and tell her you are uncomfortable with her comments, but like I said u probably won't care.

I'm very private nor do I like attention but I am expecting comments so not just thought about my diet and exercise but how the comments are going to make me feel and prepared a a few replys.

Good luck on your surgery! And listen to your instincts on your co-worker ... it sounds like you have her figured out.

I totally agree with you…i only told my mum sisters and one best mate…ppl can be very judgmental….

So my surgery is on the 16th of this month. Anyone who knows me personally, know I am a very personal private person. I chose not to disclose my business to just anyone. I have not told my family, friends, or Co workers. I really could live without the bull crap, and opinions from others. I have a coworker who appears to be nice and friendly, but being a woman we are able to read one another. She sometimes makes slick comments, about my weight and size. Since I have been on a liquid fast she even comments about that, like "oh that's crazy u not eating" I wish she wasn't so evasive and nosey I hate it so much. I feel like I can't do anything around her. She even will comment to another coworker about what I chose to eat or drink. She believes I am starving myself. She has no clue I am about to have surgery in 2 weeks. I can't wait to shut her and her slick ass comments up. I know a wise man once said, don't let them know your next move and to make ur next move, ur best move. I plan on doing just that. I am so determined this is my summer. But back to the subject at hand, I only told my 2 bff ' s about my wls. They support me 100% . I know this won't be easy but with them by my side I will make it and I am so ready.

I dislike snarky opinionated people tell her to keep her comments to herself.

I my surgery done on 3/10 and my husband is the only person that knows or that will ever know. this is not something i choose to share. my 27 year old daughter lives with me and has not clue. you can do this. i wish you well. tell the co-worker that you have decided to change your way of eating and if you need her advise you'll ask for it. perhaps she needs a life of her own. good luck and keep us posted!

Thank u guys so much, I totally thought I was insane not to tell anyone but my two bff ' s. Like how could I be so "selfish" not to even tell my mom. Truth of the matter my bff ' s are the least judgemental people in the world. One actually use to be overweight and lost about 70 lbs herself so she really understands. I am the kind of person that likes to show results, I do not broadcast my personal business. First they will ask why u doing it, but later will ask how u did it.

As for my coworker, she is only about 10 lbs lighter than me, and so surprising that she almost doesn't think she has a weight issue either. One Day she told me she had old clothes she couldn't fit anymore and asked my size. Without thinking I gave her my size, but once I hung up with her, it dawn on me that she really didn't have clothes for me. And she just wanted to know my size. And if I were just a little bigger than her, than she was content with herself. She does sneaky underhanded shit like that. Needless to say I will get the last laugh before this summer is over. : )

I didn't tell my family when I had mine done. I was out of surgery when my oldest son was told. When he was told he did exactly what I thought he would do. Went ape nuts, so don't be upset about not telling them. You are doing this for you. Stay strong and saying a prayer for you.

Haven't told many and in a few weeks you likely won't care and when you feel strong enough and IF it still bothers you look her straight in the eye and tell her you are uncomfortable with her comments, but like I said u probably won't care.

I'm very private nor do I like attention but I am expecting comments so not just thought about my diet and exercise but how the comments are going to make me feel and prepared a a few replys.

I really like what you said about in a few weeks. .she won't care what others think about her having wls..I soooo look forward to that feeling. I'm also a very private person. .I only told my parents, sisters. No one else knows. .and I plan on keeping it that way.my surgery is 4/15..I plan on taking 4wks off..don't know how my coworkers will respond or how I'm going to respond when I return..especially dropping some weight. .don't know why wls is so taboo. .since not telling people about it.i feel like I'm keeping a big secret and living a lie..why don't people mind their damn business. .This experience really is teaching me to not be judgemental of others. .unless their really crazy. ..lol

It's just such a personal thing. Uncomfortable somewhat that my weight problem is to be treated as an open forum of discussion. Then to be judged on my choice to address it. To be told it's the easy way out. Or to be told it's so dangerous why would I do that? Or to have to explain over and over again the process and clear up misconceptions. Uneducated on the differences between the wls options, people often assume you're getting bypass. Nothing wrong with that if it's your choice but frustrating to have to explain. Then I feel like they're looking at me closer and I feel so self conscience already. Forget it. Just my husband my daughter and my niece know and a few people who have gone through it already. I'm not telling anyone else. My mom will worry and freak out. She's wigging out over my gallbladder surgery for Friday as it is. I worry about her with her own things to deal with. Eventually I will explain to her probably but for now you guys are my main support group. Thanks for being there and for understanding.

Yes I also agree. After surgery I really won't care. I will probably take this to the grave with me. I just can't wait to see my Co workers and other secrete haters reaction. Oh Boy THE Anticipation Is Killing me.

ABSOLUTELY. The best thing I love about this forum is everyone is going thru it or has gone thru it. Nobody is judging. We are very familiar with weight loss struggles. The "average person" will never understand, and always think it's the easy way out. Quiet frankly I don't understand what's so easy about 31 doctors, nutritionist, and behavioral health appointments in 6 months. This is not fun, and sometime embarrassing. To Actually HAVE To Lay On An Operating Table Just TO Lose weight. But we know our health risks and understand the process of wls. So screw anyone with a negative opinion.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I've told everyone. Most people are supportive and curious. A small handful of people were not. I don't care. I have enjoyed educating people and every single person who was negative in the beginning has changed their toon now that they see how much more healthy and happy I am. If someone is negative I simply walk away or ignore it. It doesn't matter to me. I'm PROUD of my decision and thrilled with my results. This whole process makes me happy and it feels good to share it with people. .. even the jerks.

Yea i guess everyone is just different. I'm very secretive. But if u share Ur surgery to everyone more power to u. I'm so happy for u and Ur progress.