Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I am with you there. But, today is another day, and if you woke up breathing you have another chance.

I packed my lunch today, and my workout clothes are in the car for after work. I am having a Fiber One Bar for Breakfast and my Water is in the fridge. I have already planned my dinner for tonight. I am not going to let my inner fat child rule my day today. If I do not plan out everything, my inner fat child will say "I want ice cream!!!" and I will give in because I am hungry and have not planned out anything. So here is to staying one step ahead of the fat monster that lives within me!

Laura

Way to plan ahead and stay one step ahead of the inner Fat child! They can be real stinkers....

After the fill...now I remember how much the liquid diet thing stinks!! But last night I did have about a 1/2 cup of FF refried Beans topped with salsa... mmmmmm.... I swear it was the best thing EVER and I was stuffed!! I'm taking the rest of it to work with me today for lunch.< /p>

Pinenut, Sorry about the subway! It has been fun these last couple of weeks to be able to eat bread again. When I talked to my PA yesterday she said she doesn't want me doing that anymore. Funny thing is I am trying to drink a Protein Shake right now and I PB'd the first swallow. Strange how it works. I don't like the feeling of my tummy feeling bigger these last couple of weeks. Even though I havn't gotten on the scale there is no denying I have put on a few pounds. The pants I wore yesterday were tight aroung the waist...I was hoping that it was because they shrunk in the wash..but when I put on a pair this morning and they are snug in the waist..I gave up the hopeful thinking. I don't ever want to go back to the way I was. Soup today!

Weazer

Melissa - going for a fill today so I will be joining you on the liquid band wagon. Sure hope it helps the scales to move. Staying postive though because I have dropped a pant size in the past two weeks while the scales have not moved at all. Go figure. Working out six days a week now, funny, if I cannot go for a day I miss it. I am sure not the same person I was a year ago.

Laura

Hey everyone, it's been forever since I was on. I have been very busy being a first time Grandma to baby Chloeigh. My daughter-in-law ended up having a c-section so when my son had to go back to work that left me to take care of them both. I'm lovin it!!! I haven't been paying very close attention to my band but it is still working . . . .slowly. I am one pound away from losing 80 pounds! yahoo!! Looking at all the pictures of me with the baby makes me know I want a little work done under my chin. I had a consult and he said I should wait till one year after goal but I'm thinking next fall for my face. If my eye lids and chin get any baggier I will be mistaken for a turkey at Thanksgiving. I need to spend some time reading everyones comments to catch up on what is happening so I'll go do that.

Wenjea,

Welcome back. Wow! 80 lbs. what and accomplishment...you must be so proud. I am more than half way to my goal to. Just another 30 or 40 pds! I go for a fill on the 17th...I hope it helps me to loose another 10 pds!

The posts on this blog are getting slimmer and slimmer..I guess as we loose wght, we don't need each other as much..but I am addicted to this sight!

P.S. I relate to the loose chin. I am not happy with mine. I know that it goes along with age and I will be 50 this year...I can't expect to look like I did in my 20's, 30's and even early 40's anymore..but gosh! If I had the money..I would have one of those lifestyle lifts..look them up on Google. My friend had it done and she looks fantastic..neck like a 20 yr old. Day surg...then you go home.

Weazer

Oh and I forgot to tell eveyone the rotton news. I bite the bullet and got on the scale this morning. Just as I suspected..I gained 4 lbs while off for surgery! I guess it could have been worse so I won't let myself get discouraged. I feel like I am back on track though. Just being at work helps.

Weazer

Weazer, hang in there, I'm sure it will come off in no time. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Wenjea, welcome back. I've been away a long time, too. Boy, doesn't it feel good to be back though. I find myself once again getting addicted to this sight and realizing how much I miss everyone. Congratulations on Chloeigh. What a pretty name.

Anyone else doing the Couch to 5K?

Cindy

Hi all. I haven't been around in a while. I am stuck after losing 40 lbs!! I developed a thryroid issue and it stopped the weight loss. I am now on Meds and am feeling better but am having trouble getting back to good habits. I don't think I need a fill because I get "stuck" fairly easily. Has anyone else stalled out at what I consider a fairly small weight loss? At least today I went and took a nice brisk walk on a track. It felt loke a step in the right direction anyway.

It's good to catch up with everyone. I've been on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks. It's really scary how badly I loose control when I go on vacation. Reminds me that I AM and always will be a food adict and that the band is just one of my tools, I still have to make it work.

A couple of highlights from my trip:

*Airplane seats (with room to spare)

*The Water park with the kids (no hiding behind a towel)

*Amusment park rides (again, with room to spare)

*Not sweating like a pig when it gets a little warm

*Enjoying my 2 mile walk at the start of each day

My favorite thing of all was our one day we spent in Disneyland. It was a marathon day (we closed the park) and I was still on my feet while the 4 TEENAGERS I was with were exhausted! I was so excited because it shows me that I'm not "just" 100 pounds lighter, but that I am healthier, and that is the TRUE goal. :)

Now I just need to deal with the 3#'s I gained from all the JUNK I ate (Ooops)

Sue

I haven't been around here in a LONG time, but I thought I'd stop by and see how my fellow May 07 bandsters are doing!! I lost 50 pounds by november but the holidays killed me and I gained back 10. I went for my first fill (I could never get it scheduled and then got sick the day I was supposed to go in January) last week and it turns out that my band tubing has disconnected from my port, so I have to have surgery next tuesday to fix it, under anesthesia which really SUCKS! I'm trying really hard NOT to be discouraged but I was really hoping to have lost a LOT more by my one year, and it looks like I'll be lucky to get back under 250 (I'm 254 now, was 244 before thanksgiving) by my one year bandiversary. Kind of disappointing but I thought maybe I'd come back here and jump into the discussion and maybe get reinspired by how GREAT everyone has done, and how great I WILL DO once I get a fill and get my act together!!

Just saying hello and jumping back in!!

Jenny

Jenny...

Best of luck to you on the 22nd... just look how far you've come without a fill... and think of how great you'll do once you do get one!! I have no doubt you'll do great!

Good Luck Jenny.....welcome back.

I have been stuck at the same weight for awhile. I have come to the realization that I did not do this to stay obese....I am going to kick it into high gear now.

Keep us up to date with your surgery and beyond.

Metal...

I know EXACTLY how you feel.. I just had this discussion with my husband last week. I did this to lose weight and get healthy... 60 lbs is great ... but according to my BMI, Dr's and insurance, I'm still obese. Even though I'm back into a size 14 (yay!) and the smallest I ever was in my adult life was a size 10.... and I'd be very happy to get back down to that size... but even then I'm sure I'd still be "overweight" at best. My husband gave me the "I love you the way you are" speech... which if you're anything like me... its in one ear and out the other.... I suppose I'm just getting frustrated because I've been playing with this weight (the same 2-5 lbs) for 2 months now... and I've been at the gym... I've been eating right and getting in all my water...and still no real progress.

I'm confident that we can all get thru this... its just gonna take some time and a little extra effort and PATIENCE. Remember... we didnt gain all this weight in a year... we really cant expect to lose it all in a year.

Deb24 - Yes, I feel stalled too. Just hoping the fill on Thursday will get me back on track to loosing wght again. I am tired of hovering between 180-185. It will tickle me to death when I get in the 170's and stay there for a while!

Sue - Way to go. I am so happy for you. You had so many NSV's while on your vacation. You are a inspiration!

Jenney - Hello. sorry about the band problems. Wow, that was a new one on me. Never heard of something like that happening. I am trying to be so much more careful with my band now. I used to not mind PBing because I thought that I was getting rid of calories. After what happened to Manatee - I try and keep all my food down. (His pulled back through itself i think).Any way, nice to meet you and hope you do well and get reinspired!

Metal band - 64lbs is terrific. You relly don't have that far to go. I still have 30-40 to go myself. maybe we will get it done in the coming year!

Melissa - Thanks for encouraging all of us. If I was as dedicated as you with the gym and Water and eating right. I would have lost so much more. You inspire me too!

Weazer