Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Sue11...

Thank you for the response. I will definitely try that. Since I posted the other day I thought I would go ahead and call to see when I could get in to get a fill. Every other time I have called it was at least a couple of weeks until they could get me in...well this time they got me in within two days. I went in this morning and had another small fill to try and tweak the band enough to see if I got a little better restriction. So far Water and tea are going down okay. I will try the soft stuff tomorrow but I seem to be handling the adjustment okay. :lol:

They weighed me in before the fill and I am down 103.3 lbs in just over 8 months. They said even though I hadn't lost any in December and over the holidays, not to worry too much about it and that I was doing great. So I think I was stressing for nothing. LOL:wink2:

But, that's just me...a worrier. Thank you again...and everyone keep up the good work!!!

Dawn

Amy - Welcome back to the blog. Please don't feel ashamed because you think your not loosing wght as fast as everyone else. Actually, you are very close to me...I have only lost 47pds...listen to that...only...I am thrilled. I am thrilled for your loss of 35 pds too! I still have to loose around 40-45 pds myself. Let's do this together! What size band do you have. How many cc's are in it?

Sandra - 174 is wonderful. I can't believe you are only 9 pds from your original goal!!! Wow!!! If your not jumping for joy for yourself...I will do it for you...wait a minute...I am getting up from my desk...o.k. I am jumping...I just jumped a foot in the air for you and clicked my heals together for you. I could never have done that 7 months ago...every body try it!!!!!

Sue, i'm like you - I wear a 14 too. But do you know how great it is to go to the jr dept and buy 14s! Soon we will be in the 11-12's.

Now, what is your goal wght? Is it 118? Wow, that's tiny. You are doing so good. I have to say, I only know you from these posts..but I really like you. There is something sweet and kind about you that comes through the computer.

Dawn, you should be proud! You are majorly kickin butt on the wght loss. Wow, 102 pds!!!!!!!

Manatee - Congrads on 180! I can't even imagine what it will be like to be concave. I know you will reach your goal. You are so focused and determined. Good Job!

Y'all have the most wonderful weekend!

Weazer

Weazer...

Thanks for the sweet encouragement.

118!?! LOL I'm dreaming of 150! Maybe as I get closer I'll tweek that a bit. Short of a but lift/saddle-bag-ectomy (my thighs might just need a little help from the plastic surgeon) I have to be realistic, maybe I'll shot for 145, that's what I weighed on my wedding day 23 years ago. That's still 30#'s away. My top half seems to want to be thin, but the bottom half is really feeling the effects of age & gravity...Oh to be 20-something again!

Sue

I want to know if you are still really hungry? I had my surgery in Dec and had my first adjustment last week and I appear to be more hungry after the surgery.

Sue11

Oh, I see..I saw that 118 on your ticker and I was thinking it was your goal wght. i get it now! Daaaaa, I used to be a natural blonde! Well, 30 lbs is nothing! You'll get there!

Shadow, I have had 5 fills and I never really get hungry. I think I think that I am hungry...but it's not a hunger like it used to be before the band. It is more a I know 4 or 5 hours have gone by and I am starving (that's my head tricking me). I don't ever feel full any more either. I guess I don't eat enough to experience that stuffed feeling I used to get. I mad sure and end up stuffed each day...heck, I think I stayed stuffed each day. As soon as it would start to digest...I would just fill it back up.

Does anyone else have the same experience/

Today I had about 2/4 cup of oatmea. with about a half a bananna sliced in it for Breakfast.

I couldn't eat much for lunch. I had a bit...about 1/4 of a cup of pulled bbq meat minus the bun. Then I went and pb'd it up. Also I nibbled on some cold soy Beans. I got some watermelon for dessert but was done eating after pbing..I packed it all up and will try and eat it for dinner (still have most of the bbq meat left. maybe for dinner it will stay down.

My only downfall is if I let myself get started on desserts...real Desserts. Then I start over eating like I used to. I have been doing good these last few days though. Want to look good in all the new cloths that I bought. Don't want the 14's to get tight!

Blessings my friends

Weazer

Amy - Welcome back to the blog. Please don't feel ashamed because you think your not loosing wght as fast as everyone else. Actually, you are very close to me...I have only lost 47pds...listen to that...only...I am thrilled. I am thrilled for your loss of 35 pds too! I still have to loose around 40-45 pds myself. Let's do this together! What size band do you have. How many cc's are in it?

Sandra - 174 is wonderful. I can't believe you are only 9 pds from your original goal!!! Wow!!! If your not jumping for joy for yourself...I will do it for you...wait a minute...I am getting up from my desk...o.k. I am jumping...I just jumped a foot in the air for you and clicked my heals together for you. I could never have done that 7 months ago...every body try it!!!!!

Sue, i'm like you - I wear a 14 too. But do you know how great it is to go to the jr dept and buy 14s! Soon we will be in the 11-12's.

Now, what is your goal wght? Is it 118? Wow, that's tiny. You are doing so good. I have to say, I only know you from these posts..but I really like you. There is something sweet and kind about you that comes through the computer.

Dawn, you should be proud! You are majorly kickin butt on the wght loss. Wow, 102 pds!!!!!!!

Manatee - Congrads on 180! I can't even imagine what it will be like to be concave. I know you will reach your goal. You are so focused and determined. Good Job!

Y'all have the most wonderful weekend!

Weazer

Thanks for the encouragement, Weazer! I have a 4 cc band and have about 2 cc in it. My second fill put me up to 2, and when I went back in November I had lost 0.6 cc and he replaced that for my third fill and put me back to 2. I have been started to really feel hungry for the past month so either I need more fill or I lost some more! :frown: I have been trying to exercise more and this past month with my household getting cold after cold hasn't help me stay motivated to exercise. I know that 36 pounds is great, really--I just wish I had more gone! My daughter's Communion is in May and I'd love to be down another 20 pounds or so! I'm just going to keep plugging away. I know I'd never be where I'm at without the band it's just I wish I was further in the weight loss journey! Thank you for welcoming me back and giving great support!!!! :hurray:

Amy

Great Job Manatee! I can't imagine being 180. You must feel like a new you! How has your skin rebounded? I am hitting the gym hard. The muscles are getting tight under the extra skin, I am just wondering what kind of hope I have after the next 30 comes off.

Since I'm a guy, I carried most of my excess out in front. That looks like it's going to be flabby at goal weight, but not horrible. I don't have any of those weird arm blobs or saddlebags or anything like that.

They weighed me in before the fill and I am down 103.3 lbs in just over 8 months.

That's great progress! We always tend to focus on what's left, but it's worth celebrating the victories too.

As far as being hungry goes...I was hungry all the time until my 4th fill (6 months out), then I finally got some real relief from the hunger, Until then I would get the all out tummy growling (LOUD) hunger. I was really white knuckling until my 5th fill. Now I get hungry, but not until 3-4 hour after I eat (as long as I eat a good meal of solid food...liquids/mushies just don't satisfy for long.) Still fight the head hunger, wanting to munch, especially on days like today when I'm hanging around the house, but that's where the sefl control comes in...right!?! (Thank God for the band 'cause self control sure doesn't go far for me!)

Sue

I am just at home and I sent my husband out for cheese cake or chocolate cake or any kind of cake, but I told him not to come home till he found cake!!! I dont know if I am PMSing or hormonal or stressing but I WANT CAKE!!! I have not had a sweet attack in a long time. When he gets back I will try to just eat a couple of bites to get it out of my system. God help me.

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g?

Sandra,

You are talking to someone who had pizza for supper and ice cream for dessert!!! I have been very bad today....my son went back to college and with all the sadness comes the bad choices. Tomorrow I will stay on plan. I want to be down 20lbs when he comes home again!

I hope you enjoy the cake as much as I enjoyed the ice cream! (Misery loves company)

I am just at home and I sent my husband out for cheese cake or chocolate cake or any kind of cake, but I told him not to come home till he found cake!!! I dont know if I am PMSing or hormonal or stressing but I WANT CAKE!!! I have not had a sweet attack in a long time. When he gets back I will try to just eat a couple of bites to get it out of my system. God help me.

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g?

Good Luck with that! I had a bad experience with german chocolate cake (my favorite) on my B-Day! Cheese cake on the other hand goes down just fine.:wink2:

HI everyone... I haven't posted in AGES... I was reading some of your latest blogs... great for you. So far I've lost 80 pounds... I'm almost under 200... that will be a BIG day for me... hopefully by the end of the week. I can't beleive all the success everyone is making. I NEVER thought I would actually be where I am now. I dreamed and hoped.. but, to go into a regular store, and buy a size 16? Never. I originally thought I would be so happy just to get where I am now.. so I have to come up with completely new goals. I still have body image issues, I think that I'm heavier than I am... so I'm working on that. Thanks for listening!

Well my DH went and found a cheese cake w/ different toppings!!! My favorite is caramel and chocolate on it. Twin Mommy....I can NOT do regualr cake...has to be cheese cake because it goes down like butter!!!!LOL!!! I had a very small serving...I'm talking like 3 small bites. I got it out of my system and it tasted soooooo good! I have always been a desert freak!!!!!! Well got on the scale I didnt loose but I didnt gain either so I am happy. The good thing is that the cheese cake was small so there isnt much left at home.

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g