Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Oh Leg - I am so happy and excited for you..I am still not brave enough to try on bathing suits! Wow, a size 12..amazing! You must be pleased as can be!

Raysbabe, you are adorable. Good for you. 52 pds..oh, I just remembered , this is my bandversery! I am still down 50 lbs. I had been hoping for more..but there is not a day goes by that someone doesn't ask me how much weight I've lost..or make a comment about how skinny I am. So, I am glad for that.

HAPPY BANDAVERSARY TO ME!

Blessings to all, Weazer

Weazer: HAPPY BANDAVERSARY! Wooohoooooooooo!

You know, 50 pounds down and seemingly GONE FOREVER is nothing to sneeze at! You're doing great!

HAPPY BANDAVERSARY WEAZER!!!!!

You go Girl! 50 lbs is awsome, and the journey is not over yet.

Raysbabe, I love your one year picture! You look wonderful and so happy. Isn't it great?

yes, it's great, and i'm so much happier with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally found some before pics...I've hidden from cameras for so long, that it's a real challenge to find a picture. I've put a couple in my album.

So I had a fill yesterday...and a LONG talk with my Dr.

I feel so much better about this now... as he explained (and I think we all have forgotten this...) the lap band process is designed to be a 2 to 3 year process.... so why the rush to make goal in 1 year?? If thats what we wanted we all should have gotten bypass.... I was against bypass from the start because of all the added risks... and I knew going into this that it wasnt going to be an instant fix.... guess I forgot about that. So, he said even though my weight loss has been a little slow... I've never once (on his charts anyway) have gained anything back.

We ALL are making awesome progress... so.. here is to one year down!!!

Just thought I'd let you know that it is coming up on a year. I have lost 72 lbs. I had three fills, then in March I had to get unfilled because I got something stuck, but refilled a few weeks later. This has been the very best thing that I could have done. Sometimes I feel like it goes to slow, but I am just plain happy that that weight is gone. I would have never believed I could lose this weight. I feel sooooo much better. I can actually walk without pain now. I just started working out with a personal trainer for 8 sessions and then will join a gym. At age 52, I feel better than I have in years. Good luck to all.:frown:

Melissa

I had the same talk with my Doc, and he told me the same thing. Funny how we have set in our minds just where we have to be in one year, and if we do not make it we have failed. This is a life long journey, one day at a time.

Well, wish me luck. This weekend is my step daughters college graduation. I meet the X-wife for the first time.

We went out to eat last weekend with a group of friends and my DH said "You sure do make so very lovely arm candy, my dear". I don't think I my feet touched the ground the rest of the night.

Laura

I was craving a salad today.. So for lunch we ordered out... I got a chef salad... was only able to eat about 2/3 of a cup and I was STUFFED! Now THIS is the restriction I've been searching for!!!

Afternoon all! Thanks for the bandaversary greetings. Just wanted to check in before off for weekend. A friend took me out today for lunch and we split the entree. It wasn't what I would normally eat but I let her pick. We had pulled pork soft taco's. I only ate one. But, I didn't think I would be able to eat a tortilla at all. I took tiny bites and chewed chewed chewed. Gosh, I think I can eat anything now. But, I eat so slow. I think if I had to say what has changed the most about me physically since the band and it would be that. It takes me forever to eat my food. I really like that. It is so nice to not gobble my food anymore! Deb4339 - Congrads on your bandaversary! 72 pds! woot woot!

Laura - Can't wait to hear about meeting the ex. Fill us in come Monday!

Melissa - Thanks for the ispiring talk. It is good to know that we will continue to lose the weight for a couple more years! (It may take that for me!)

Leg - glad your getting that restriction now!!! Good for you.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Hi all, I haven't been on in awhile. Yes Melissa, your words were so inspiring. Here we all are at our bandaversey and we've come a long way in a year. My thing too is the way it takes so long to eat. I'm an ER nurse so I get into trouble if I try to eat something too fast. Yesterday we had soft pretzels. I just ate a small piece, but I ate it so fast that I was in the bathroom with terrible pains and sort of dry heaves. It's hard to remember that I can't eat like I used to. You would think I would learn but I don't. One of the girls at my job keeps me in perspective. She had her band in 2005. She is very thin now. The thing is though, it has taken 2-3 years to get there. So we will get there. She's not really a ball of fire so I know she isn't running 5 miles a day or anything. As a matter of fact, I can't believe what she can pack away in a day. So my point is - it will come.

Laurie

Banded May 17th 2007.

Lost 52 pounds

15 to go.

I'm having trouble with the sweets, using any excuse to Celebrate with a dessert...lots of chocolate today!!!

So...I'm going to do the 5 day...starting tomorrow. Has anyone done this? I had one question, unless I'm missing something, it looks like you have protien shakes for the first 2 days then move on, dropping the shakes. So by day 5 you're only eating solid protiens. Or...are you adding the new items each day to the previous day's diet, so that by day 5 you're eating shakes, soft AND solid protien?

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I'm going to break these card cravings!

Sue

hey Deb4339, nice to find someone who was banded on the same day I was, May 31, 2007. Isn't wonderful to feel so much better than last year at this time? I still have about 20lbs to lose, what's amazing is that I never thought that I could say I have 20lbs to lose, it was always oh, 60 to 70lbs. I feel great, how about you? I am in Michigan. Delo