Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Just got off the phone with my friend (the one who's daughter committed suicide in Oct)... its as if she can sense when things arent quite right with me. She said she just had a bit of a meltdown also, called another friend of hers..cried it out and felt better...turned on the TV to see that the movie Overboard was coming on (BIG joke between her and I... she looks exactly like Goldie Hawn..and in passings by at work I used to always sing songs from that movie to her)... she said thats when she knew she had to call me.

We chatted a bit, I told her everything that has been going on..that I started meds again and was feeling better...she made me promise to call her the second I start to feel down again.

It was very comforting to talk with her.. I really am feeling alot better... thanks for all the kind words these past few days!!

What a great friend, you are VERY blessed to have her.

Okay so I went through the Holidays without gaining any weight, which is a first. The bad thing is that I did not loose any real weight either. UGHHH! I have fallen off the bandwagon. I had two Cookies for Breakfast this morning. I meet with a trainer at 24hour Fitness on the 2nd. I am trying to get motivated. You would think all the compliments of Christmas would be just what I needed. I need to do some sort of cleanse and get all of the sugar out of my system. Any ideas?

Hello everybody and thanks for you kind words.

Twinmommy, it's just like someone said. We are over six months out and the old habits are starting to creep back in. Like I said, I am eating stuff I wouldn't have eaten several months ago. I had a Ghirardelli chocolate just a minute ago! I can't wait for them to quit bringing in all the goodies!

I wghd in a day early for my monthly wghing. I figured I wouldn't be any less tomorrow.

Well, I lost 3 pds in December. It's not much and I am only down to 185 but, hey, I didn't gain! It may be Feb or March before I get into the 170's. I am seeming to loose only about 4 pds a month. I could loose more if I'd get off the junk food. But, good news is that I'll never again gorge on it like the old days!

Sandra, I am so happy that you got your fill. It will start things moving in the downward direction for you. Just be sure and don't rush things, it will happen, just not immediatly. At the rate of 4 pds a month...I won't reach goal by May. I will probably be at 168...Well, I wanted to be at 145...but at 4lbs a month, it will be October before I reach goal. That is only 1 and close to half a yr after the surgery. I can't ask for more than that. I feel blessed.

Counting my blessings,

Weazer

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FELLOW BANDSTERS!!!!

It's going to be a fabulous year for us......new bodies, new state of mind, and a lot of self confidence!!!! I wish you all lots of happiness in 2008!!!

On another note...I think I was wrong about the new nurse that filled me on Friday.....I have been taking it easy, but I am back on all my bandster rules and regulations. I was 185 on Friday and this morning I am 180. I have good restriction but I know I just need to make good food choices to keep the weight loss rolling so I can get to goal or beyond!!! Well I think we should ALL POST are New Years Goals!!! I will not say resolutions because that never works for me. So here is my promise to myself and to you guys, because we are ALL in this together and we all thrive on watching each other succed!!!

1. Drink Water ----at least 64 oz or more!!!

2. NO MORE SODAS.....(I was drinking one sunkist everday).

3. No more fried foods.

4. No more fast food..(Mcdonalds,Wendys, Whataburger, etc).

5. Protein first.......start my Protein Shakes in the a.m. again.

6. Take my Vitamins, and calcium..(I hate pills but I will do it).

7. Back to excerise.....I will get back on track with my running, walking, weight lifting at least 4 times a week, but I will do my 200 sit ups every night before bed!!!

8. Healthy cooking for the family...so more planning ahead for meals!!!

I think I got it all!!!! Do you guys think this is pretty realistic??? Let me know what you think and what your NEW YEARS GOALS ARE????

Sandra

255h/242s/180c/165g???

OOOPS I forgot one!!

9. I want to start eating and cooking more organic....fruits, veggies, and meats!!!

Sandra,

You must be twenty years younger than me. I could never meet your goals! Do you normally have that much energy or are you having to push yourself to do all that. If you do have that much energy, could I buy some of it!

I do like your goal number one for me and you just made me drink some water! So thank you!

happy New Year my dear!

Blessings, Weazer

Mini,

I had to go back and look at exactly what I wrote....I thought maybe I had lost my mind or something!!!! LOL!!! It just all about eating right and that doesnt take energy just will power. The excersize is another story......but the more you move the more energy you have to move!!!! I get up at about 5 a.m. to work out...I dedicate one hour to me. The sits up....at about 9:00 pm the kids are bed and I am just watching tv about to turn light off too...so why not multi task....watch tv and do sit ups..takes me about 10 minutes. Now the cooking healthy for the family and try to do more organic is hard it requires me to plan meals like for a whole week in advance so there is no grabbing some junk because I am in a rush to feed the family. I find that to be the hardest on my list. I wish you lots luck....you are doing awesome!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/180c/165g??

Sandra-

I am on board with you. I meet with the trainer in the morning.

Can you post pictures, I can't imagine what 180 looks like?

You must look great! I never can get mine to post.

Is anyone shocked at the amount of loose skin they have? My "apron" is out of control. I don't know if it is from carrying the twins, or the two C's I had in two years or what, but this thing is going to have to be cut off.

Sandra,

Thanks for the motivation!!! I do need to get back to all of the bandster rules......especially the Water and exercise. I have been failing miserably lately. It is unbelievable how quickly the old habits come back and how crappy and lethargic you feel after eating the bad stuff!!!

You are right in that we all enjoy each others success. Somehow we all have a little ownership in it.

Again, thanks for the motivation.....

Twinmommy....I am seeing all of the wrinkles that were fat filled before!!! When did this happen????

Happy New Year,

Metal

o.k..I guess I am way undermotivated! To make myself do 25 sit ups a day would be a big deal for me. But, I guess that I am just feeling so good that I am not in a big rush to get the wght off anymore. I can't believe it took six months to reach my first goal of 185. Now that I am here...I am just slowing down and letting it happen as it happens. I do need to eat more healthy though...that is one of the hard ones for me too since the bad foods seem to go down so much easier.The big thing for me is that Water. Like Metalband said...the wrinkles are starting to show. I am not sure if it's from old age and loose skin...or from not drinking enough water. Well, I can't do anything about the old age...but, I can handle the water part. Gonna go get some right now! Heck i may evan burn off a couple of calories going to get it!

Sandra, I wish I had your energy! When I lay my hind end down to watch TV...no way am I multi tasking (unless it's to take a sip of my tea). Boy, am I pathetic or what...but I sure do enjoy myself!

Blessings all,

Weazer

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I love my Band!!! I had my 3rd fill on December 14th, and boy did it kick my fanny for a few days. I was worried I was too tight, but after a few days of liquids things were better. Christmas was a hard, all of that food, thanks God I my band was snug and I just could not eat that junk. I committed myself to only eat good food. I made it (only had a few bites of lemon ice box pie) and I lost 5 lbs. I am so happy.

Sandra I am on board with you. I am trying so hard just to focus on why I got this band in the first place. Why I fought my insurance company and went to so many doctors vists. I want so bad to reach my goal by my one year date.

Good Luck Everyone, 2008 will be the best year yet!!!!

Laura

Mini,

I understand about being unmotivated.....after getting lots of compliments and feeling like a million bucks why do we have to keep trying so hard??????? Well we all have to make it to goal!!! YOU DID NOT GET THIS BAND TO ALMOST GET TO GOAL!!! If you dont start pushing yourself now you might fall back into your bad habits!!! I will not let you do that. So yes I may push myself A LOT!!! I have too...because I love me!!! LOL!!! So how about you make a promise to drink all your Water and at least do 40 sits up every night as you watch TV!!! Dont sit on the couch....sit right down on the floor so you dont get lazy!!! Do you have any free weights like 2 or 5 lbs??? Sit and watch tv and excersize those arms and drink your tea!!! You just have to try to multi-task!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!

I know you can commit to these 3 things!!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/180c/165g??