Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I've been sitting on the same number for two weeks!

Who will join me in a re-commitment to the rules

1. Drink 64oz. Water per day!

2. No sugar!

3. No fried foods! especially chips!

4. No Ice-cream!

5. Exercise a minimum of 20 min/day!

6. snack on fruits, veggies, and whole grains!

Give it a week and see if the scale changes . . . let me know next week.

REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!

I am with you Girl!!!

#4 is my down fall........ Today I will not eat ice cream. I will not stop by my favorite frozen custard place and buy a half gallon of praline pecan and go straight home and grab a spoon, take of the lid a start eating. (I dont even bother with a bowl). Maybe this is why my scales have not moved in the past two weeks. YA THINK!!

Hello ladies..

I have a pair of pants up for grabs... I've worn them twice and are just too long for me....I'm 5'2... They are from Lane Bryant- Venezia brand..they say size 20 but honestly fit more like a slim 18 or maybe closer to a 16. They are like a thin cargo type pants with drawstrings at the ankles... really cute just too long. Only pet peeve I have with them is that they have snaps at the top instead of buttons...and no matter how loose they fit.. they pop open (which can be quickly resolved by pinching the snap a little).. They are chocolate brown in color..

I'll pay for shipping... The first person to call dibs gets them!

OK.. at first I thought I was hearing things... but no... no no no... THE ICE CREAM TRUCK OUTSIDE IS PLAYING "DECK THE HALLS"!!!!

hahaha... either that or I'm really losing my MIND!!!!!

Okay I got my last fill on the 30th. A little tight at first, then fine. Now the last three things(meals) I have eaten, I pb'd. Not understanding..............

Melissa- if no one else on here is as large as I, I will take the pants. If someone else wants them, take them. Please tell me I am not the largest one on the sight. That should be enough to make me go to the gym.........................

Wenjea,

I'm with you on the re-committment!! Of course, I just made the family a vegetable lasagna for dinner (of which I will have NONE, thank you). It does drive me crazy when the scale doesn't move, but what do I expect when I weigh myself every day. I said I wouldn't but I do!! At the end of the month it always seems like I lose at least 7 or 8 pounds, which is exactly where I should be. I just want more. I'm so spoiled. But I'm wicked happy. I love my band!!

Cindy

Oops, I almost forgot my nsv....I went to buy new pj's the other night, mine were too big, and guess what? I bought 3 pairs of size MEDIUM. yyyeeessss!!!! (I know pajamas probably run big, but I was so excited. I brought all larges in the dressing room and one pair of mediums for shi...s and giggles. Well, I got to giggle cuz I needed ALL mediums.

OK.. at first I thought I was hearing things... but no... no no no... THE ICE CREAM TRUCK OUTSIDE IS PLAYING "DECK THE HALLS"!!!!

hahaha... either that or I'm really losing my MIND!!!!!

Melissa,

Are you kidding me? I know it's getting cold out (around 40 here last night), but Deck the Halls in September? That is too funny.

Cindy

Twinmommy-

I'm in about a 16 right now... 18's I can put on and off without unbuttoning. These pants are much closer to an 18... so if you'd like to have them I'll ship them!! Just PM me your address.

Cindy-

Thats great.. size medium!!! WHOO HOO!!!

And yes, Deck the Halls in September.. and no, I wasnt hearing things.. I called my sister down to listen to it.. she heard it too!

Ok ladies,

My hair feels like it is getting a bit thin. I've been paranoid about losing hair with the weight loss, because my hair is baby fine and not very thick to begin with. There are some lose hairs around after I blowdry my hair. I take Centrum (now faithfully, I had previously not been so good), and I went out and bought zinc, and Biotin. I have a Protein Shake every morning, and try to make sure I get enough Protein with meals. Maybe I should add another shake in the evening?

Any thoughts?:help:

Thanks

Cindy

Cindy, my hair is coming out too! My bathroom floor need to be swept after I blow dry my hair. I too have started the Biotin and vitamins.....I should have started 4 months ago!

Mellisa.....Deck the Halls... What the?????

LauraP...

That I know of reflux doesn't cause band erosion, but it can cause erosions in the esophagus, nothing to mess with, it can cause you to loose your band too. Watch the acidic foods and listen to your Doc. The Zantac is the way I would go too.

Take Care!

I think some Hair loss is inevitable, seems to be happening to most all of us. My understainding it's to be expected 3 monthes after any drastic change in your diet or surgery, we've done both. I know I lost alot of hair 3 monthes after each of my kids were born. It came back, I'm not worried, though I'm getting tired of cleaning the shower drain...YIKES!!!

I agree, protien & Vitamin suppliments to keep it to a minimum, there's some pretty serious balness in my family...women too! :faint:

Hi everyone...I haven't posted in awhile but thought I would post this NSV. My wedding ring hasn't fit in awhile and I miss wearing it so I took it to have it sized. I have always had sausage fingers so I was happy when the clerk told me the size 7 sizer fit.....I used to be a 9.5! The sizer that fit looked so small. Even more exciting was while I was waiting for the clerk to do the paperwork on my wedding ring, I was looking at another ring and she asked if I wanted to look at it. She then took it out of the case and told me to try it on. Well...every ring I have ever gotten had to be sized so I was doubtful but the ring slid right on!! I almost died! Never have I been able to wear a ring out of the case. It was beautiful, but even more beautiful was that I now realize that I am shrinking all over...even when the scale is a little slow to move.

I did better on the Water but not good enough so I bought two cases of 16oz. water bottles. i put 4 in the frig after I marked 1,2,3,4 on them in large permanent #'s. I am not going to bed tomorrow until all four of them are gone!! I did so good about the sugar thing today until back-to-school night where they had costco Cookies. YUM!

I did walk two miles in the rain this morning and bought a bunch of fresh fruit to snack on. Tomorrow is going to be better!!

My hair fell out horrible last month but I realized I was slacking on my Vitamins and Protein so i have been faithful with both and it has almost completely stopped. Lets hope it grows in as fast as it fell out.

Laureli - congrats on the ring being so loose!

I haven't posted in a while either, been lurking I guess. I have kind of been in a funk lately that I cant quite explain. I have continued to eat right and work out. Although, I did skip my work out yesterday which makes me feel worse today. People are telling me how great I am looking, my clothes are very loose, physically I feel better but for some reason I feel just as fat as ever and that makes me sad? I have had plenty of NSV's including being able to get out of some chairs we have in the garage without grabbing the arms and pushing myself up!

It is so ridiculous to feel this way! I bought a pair of size 18 non stretchy pants at Target last week that I was shocked actually went up and buttoned no problem. They have buttons on the front and back that you can use to tighten the waist which I plan on doing when I get down to that. The thighs are too tight on them for me to look normal in them for now. All the clothes I have are either too small or way too big and its messing with my head! How long are you guys waiting to buy some new clothes? I am trying to wait till 200 to buy some new work clothes. My weekend clothes are all stretchy work out stuff so they are all fine.

Hoping to get out of this stage real soon because I hate feeling like this when I should be on top of the world. I just dont think its going to happen though, I set a mini goal of 215 by 10-1 which at the time was reasonable. Now I dont think its going to happen. :phanvan