Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

I'm back.

Just got my fifth fill last Tuesday and it seems to be close to where I need to be. I'm losing slowly (about 3 pounds over the last six weeks) but I'm not nearly as hungry now and I can't eat as much, so I hope that will improve.

For Vitamins I'm taking OneSource Active Kids Complete chewables and Spring Valley Caramel Calcium Chews (from WalMart).

My wife and I have been walking alot. We are going on vacation in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we can walk on the beach while we're gone.

Craig

Good to see you back and doing well Craig. Enjoy your vacation at the beach!

what kind of exercise are you all doing these days?

oh yeah. no more scrambled eggs for me. potentially ever.

Edited by punkster

:bored :bored :bored well well I guess this site has nobody from the chatt. area and let me also guess that no body has been banded at memorial hos. by dr. fromm-paynter-or Ponce? ? Geez I sure feel like the lonesome stud here lol.

Hi Chris, I was not banded locally but was unbanded at Memorial by Dr. Sass, because I have crazy insurance:cursing: which will not pay for rebanding at Memorial, I went back to Mx and was rebanded (self-pay) June 18, 2009, and also had a load of plastic surgery while there. I am at home busy recouperating mostly from the plastic, the rebanding was a breeze. I am usually in chat on this site, but for some reason i haven't been able to get in lately, so I am exploring the message boards.

Feel free to pm me.

Corliss

373/356/170

Hi Corliss! You should visit us more often. If you don't mind my asking, why did you have to have your band removed?

Hi Corliss! You should visit us more often. If you don't mind my asking, why did you have to have your band removed?

Hi slim-n-tn, I have been in a few times but seems like there wasn't ever any recent posts when I came in, but found some today. I had to have my band removed after almost three years and after loosing to goal due to a slip which was probably due to a hiatal hernia. :frown:I really wanted to be one of those folk who didn't regain their wt. after loosing the band but I was not. I gained 60 of the 203 which I had lost in the 10 months which I was without band. I am so glad to have a new one, I loved the first one till I started having major problems. I am very greatful to have been able to lose the wt and keep off what I did. :rolleyes:

Corliss

Pre surg diet 376 lbs

Day of 1st banding 356 lbs

Wt at loss of band 170 (-)

Wt at rebanding 219 lb

Lowest wt since banding 214 lbs

still not great but better. i am trying to drink some hot cocoa in the mornings to help loosen and soothe my band. still on sort of a soft diet. misery hasnt left yet.

i am sad to find out that icee's are carbonated. :sad: that took the wind out of my sails. i only discovered this from unwrapped on food network. blast it all!

i am still not sure that i dont need another unfill but i am trying to wait for 2 weeks seeing as my situation isnt as dire as it once was. i would have been in the hospital over the weekend if i hadnt gotten Fluid taken out on thursday.

To exacerbate my suffering, i am craving a big crusty sandwich :rolleyes: which i know i could never eat even a bite of. drats.

Slush Puppies are not carbonated, but remember to count the calories.

Hi slim-n-tn, I have been in a few times but seems like there wasn't ever any recent posts when I came in, but found some today. I had to have my band removed after almost three years and after loosing to goal due to a slip which was probably due to a hiatal hernia. :frown:I really wanted to be one of those folk who didn't regain their wt. after loosing the band but I was not. I gained 60 of the 203 which I had lost in the 10 months which I was without band. I am so glad to have a new one, I loved the first one till I started having major problems. I am very greatful to have been able to lose the wt and keep off what I did. :rolleyes:

Corliss

Pre surg diet 376 lbs

Day of 1st banding 356 lbs

Wt at loss of band 170 (-)

Wt at rebanding 219 lb

Lowest wt since banding 214 lbs

I am glad that you were able to get a new band. I do believe I would be one of those people that would gain if I ever lost my band. I am glad that you are doing well after rebanding. There are about 4 of us that post in this thread on a fairly regular basis. Drop in anytime!

Hey, I was going to ask 'what is up with downsdc?' but you took care of it for me. I got a fill last Tuesday and Dr. Ponce said I would definately feel this one. I was skeptical and for the first couple to three days I was not feeling much help, but it has gotten better. It still does not feel like what I expect it to feel, but I am back to eating less and not getting hungry too bad between meals.

I keep thinking I am going to get an adjustment and then bam, my worries about food and hunger will be over. I wonder if that will ever happen?

been having problems again. sharp stomach pain with vomiting. :) been on liquids all day. This was more than a week after my last fill.

how is everyone doing?

I'm sick as well. I think there is a stomach virus going around. I haven't been able to keep much down. Hopefully it will pass for both of us soon.

I'm sick as well. I think there is a stomach virus going around. I haven't been able to keep much down. Hopefully it will pass for both of us soon.

i sure hope so. hope you feel better.

I hope that both of you start feeling better soon. Hopefully the virus will be short lived.