Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi; I don't post very often, I sit back and look at all the wonderful stories. Sunday a very good friend of mine mad me feel really bad about my weight lost. She told me my weight lost was scary to her. I had my surgery December 16th 2013, I weighted 247lbs now I'm at 206. I told her that's what the surgery does. I can't eat but so much plus my Surgeon wants me to walk, so I'm doing that and I guess that's what's taken the weight off so fast considering I'm only able to get between 500 or so calories in. So I guess I will stop walking and just let it come off but only if I'm getting 500 or so calories in me. What y'all think. Feeling discouraged:(

Please listen to your surgeon, your weight loss is going to be scary to anyone that's used to seeing you as a larger woman, if you stop walking you may stall your progress, I've read hundreds of stories on the sleeve and in most cases people are initially losing 20-30 pounds per month, you are obviously succeeding, please don't interrupt this, just keep in mind the reason you started this journey in the first place. Be proud of how far you've come and continue towards success. This summer is going to be wonderful for you.

Hi; I don't post very often, I sit back and look at all the wonderful stories. Sunday a very good friend of mine mad me feel really bad about my weight lost. She told me my weight lost was scary to her. I had my surgery December 16th 2013, I weighted 247lbs now I'm at 206. I told her that's what the surgery does. I can't eat but so much plus my Surgeon wants me to walk, so I'm doing that and I guess that's what's taken the weight off so fast considering I'm only able to get between 500 or so calories in. So I guess I will stop walking and just let it come off but only if I'm getting 500 or so calories in me. What y'all think. Feeling discouraged:(

I am confused as to why she made you feel bad about losing weight. Is she really a good friend? I hope you do not let anyone drag you down. Keep walking, you need that exercise! Are you really eating enough? Please consult with the nutritionist about those calories, Proteins and carbs! Best of luck!!

Perhaps your friend has cared for a loved one with an illness that causes dramatic weight loss and is projecting that fear onto you? When people see someone lose a great deal of weight quickly, they often assume the worst. Even though she knows that you're not ill(just the opposite), it may be difficult to reconcile that for her. If you feel well, are following your prescribed eating plan, please don't let this get in your way. I'm no therapist, but you can never go wrong by being kind and reassuring her of your improved health and outlook. Good luck to you, sounds like you're doing great!

You can just tell her how much better you can get around and how great you feel. Tell her that the weight loss is impacting your quality of life in a positive way and you don't regret the surgery at all. Your loss is within what is expected from this surgery. Some folks lose a little faster than others, and as your weight goes down, it will probably slow down, requiring more of that walking. Keep up the good work and don't let her suck the joy out of you. She may not understand the process and will have to learn by your example.

Don't be discouraged! You are on the right track to Weightloss success! Unfortunately those that haven't had the surgery won't and can't fully understand the process. When people don't understand something, they fear it. Reassure your friend that rapid Weightloss is normal after this kind of surgery. If your friend continues to be negative, then I would reevaluate the frienfship. Best of luck and keep up the good work! Don't ever let anyone make you feel unaccomplished.

Went to My bariatric surgeon today, had a very good visit. I told him about my friend saying that my weight lost scared her, because she felt it was to fast. He told me what ever I'm doing to continue because I will be loosing my most weight now and that it will taper off. So I will be doing a lot of brisk walking, light jogging and so forth. Thank you guys for all your support. Oh I'm down 42lbs since I started my weight lost Journey. You guys keep moving...:)