Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 4 and no weight loss for 10 days now!

Has anyone heard or had the experience of a three week stall? I have been doing everything right. I'm getting in about 500-600 calories a day, I'm on mushy foods and I have been able to tolerate everything so far. I haven't tried anything I'm not supposed to have. I'm walking about a mile a day, drinking 64 Ozs of fluids, and getting in between 70-90 grams of Protein a day. At my two week weigh in, I had lost 18 lbs since my pre-surgery weight but then nothing since then! I understand plateaus and stalls and even having a small plateau this early, but I've never in all my years of dieting have had a plateau this early and for this long. I called my dr and they gave me a couple suggestions, but so far, that isn't working either. I'm bummed because I expected at least the first month or two to have the fat melt away and that's not happening. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, how long did it take to get past it? I've increased fluids, exercise and protein and still nada!

I'm going through this right now, too!! It's frustrating. I'm guessing it is a waiting game--that we are eating such few calories our bodies are trying to hang onto everything. But that may be just making that up. I called the nutritionist a couple of times and she keeps saying to stop weighing myself and to keep doing what i"m doing. I go in for my appointment next week and will find out more then. I also think it is too early for a plateau!

And I haven't cheated, I've followed the plan, everything and still no movement. If you figure it out, or if anyone does, please post.

I think it's quite normal and a lot stall around that time frame. Just remember..this too shall pass!!! Good luck!!

I'm going through this right now, too!! It's frustrating. I'm guessing it is a waiting game--that we are eating such few calories our bodies are trying to hang onto everything. But that may be just making that up. I called the nutritionist a couple of times and she keeps saying to stop weighing myself and to keep doing what i"m doing. I go in for my appointment next week and will find out more then. I also think it is too early for a plateau!

And I haven't cheated, I've followed the plan, everything and still no movement. If you figure it out, or if anyone does, please post.

Your right. Our bodies are on to us! It's trying to maintain! Try a few days of Protein drinks (2 ) and crackers only, that stopped my stall

Yup I'm there too.

Stupid body! Haha.. I'll try the two shakes and maybe throw the scale away. :)

There are a bazillion posts about stalls at this stage and others. It's a part of losing weight unfortunately and frustrating as it may be. If it makes you feel any better, I randomly gained 5lbs today! LOL! Seriously. I changed nothing in my diet and exercise. Random 5lbs of Water weight. Our bodies are a pure joy, aren't they?

My stalls can last up to 2-3 weeks.. Locked my scale in my cars trunk! Stay on plan and trust the process! I keep thinking I am doing something wrong but eventually I will lose a pound... ( down 60 today at my 3 month post RnY date... )

Wow! 60 at your three month! That is awesome. Congratulations! My doc said he wanted to see me down 30 more at my three month, but this is making me worry that I won't make it. I really haven't seen much about the weight loss stalling this early, but it sounds like its common, so thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll just keep swimming. :)

I stalled at 3, 8, and 14.. im at 19 weeks have haven't changed in a week.

I do weigh myself every morning before I get dressed. I like to see how what I ate the day before affects me.

Im very much a numbers person and like to analyze everything. I don't let it get me down.

I noticed when I eat or drink things high in sodium I will gain a few oz or stay the same.

Don't fret. its normal.

this also happened to me. I was doing everything right and nada! I think I had thoughts that it would just fall off. all the education they gave me and they never talked about stalling or how long it would take to lose the weight. I do understand that everyone is different. when I called to ask my nutritionalist....she had me make an appt. and come in. that was a waste of time and money........she said I was doing every thing right......duh.....that was what I told her.......I wish she would have just said that stalling is normal. at that time I hadn't gone to a group meeting yet.....so I couldn't ask anyone there....then I found this site.....thank god! I found that it is normal and others have the same problem. no need to say I am now a member here and will stay.....so much information.....:):)

Thanks Reinangel and Rosey, I like to analyze too and weigh myself In morning for the same reason. Haven't been to a group meeting yet but I will soon. I go back to work next week so maybe getting back into my work routine will help. I feel like I'm more mobile at home than work, but maybe not. Day 11-still nothing but I'll keep my head up and have a couple shakes today. It's just weird. Even on weight watchers, I didn't plateau this long this early, but I guess our bodies freak out a little more with surgery. Plus all I've heard and witnessed before is in the early stages it comes off quicker and stalls happen later. Let's all just put that out of our heads, relax and enjoy the journey. Good luck everyone!

Hang in there... the weight will drop just give your body time to rest and heal first. You did not put the weight on in a day so your are not going to take it off in a day. Sounds like you are totally doing everything right, just stick to your plan and believe me one day you will jump on the scale and it will be down like 10 lbs. I'm 22 months post op, and a very slow loser. I would not lose for a few weeks then BAM I would have a significant drop. Keep up the good work you will see results - I promise :)

I am sure it is frustrating but like investment returns, consider the long term results

I'm frustrated too. I promised myself I wouldn't freak out about stalls -- but I'm officially freaked!!????. I haven't budged in 8 days. I was at an average 485 calories per day and 60 G Protein. I've tried increasing to 750 and 80 g of protein. I've tried more Water. I've tried eating a saltine. I've tried adding more treadmill time. Ugh!!