Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many grams of carbs per day?

I'm 7.5 months out. How many calories/carbs/protein do you do?

I do 2 things, I either limit myself to 15 per serving if its inevitable or max of 40 a day.

I do need carbs to loose. Every one does. Its fuel.

If my carb #'s are low for the day I eat 2 Graham crackers with some cream cheese for my evening snack. Its a guarantee loss for me

Good luck

I do 2 things, I either limit myself to 15 per serving if its inevitable or max of 40 a day.

I do need carbs to loose. Every one does. Its fuel.

If my carb #'s are low for the day I eat 2 Graham crackers with some cream cheese for my evening snack. Its a guarantee loss for me

Good luck

Wow ok. I've been doing way more then 40. Maybe that's why I'm stalling :( my surgeon said 100. That's a big difference

Edited by JessicaAnn

I stay under 60 -- unless I have a really big exercise day, then I allow myself to go up a bit, more towards the 75 range. That's rare though.

My NUT says your carbs should match your Protein. 70 grams of Protein should get 70 grams of carbs. She says you are malnutrioned if you keep carbs too low.

I can't decide if I believe her. That seems like a lot of carbs.

I'm doing about 50/day sometimes more. My Protein goal is 80-85 grams per day.

I'm working out a lot, so if I limit them, I don't feel good. My body likes me to be around 50 per day

I stay under 60 -- unless I have a really big exercise day, then I allow myself to go up a bit, more towards the 75 range. That's rare though.

Ugh this explains so much. Time to cut more carbs!

Thanks everyone! I've lost 96 since pre op and 86 since surgery July 2013. I've been stalled almost 6 weeks! Going up and down the same 5lbs. My surgeons nutritionist said 1000 calories, 100 carbs, 55 Protein. Maybe I'll up protein and lower carbs and it will get the weight loss moving again!

1000 calories is good, I think - I'm between 800-1100. The protein/carb mix you mention above seems a bit off, but that's just me. I would aim for a little more Protein and cut the carbs a bit. I think we all need to play with our individual numbers until we find a good fit - we're all different, we all burn calories differently.

Good luck!

I do between 40 and 60 g of carbs a day. I think I lose better with fewer carbs, but I eat a lot of vegetarian Protein sources, Beans and seeds, dairy, etc. and so my carbs creep up even though I eat no bread, Pasta, rice, etc...I get plenty of Fiber and food based Vitamins, though, which for me is important.

At the beginning of my program my nut told us no more than 60 g of carbs daily and no more than 20 g per meal. Lots of people do fewer carbs than that, some do more. It worked for me, but now I do try for a lower carb number and higher fat number. Still doing 70 g Protein a day.

My NUT says for 6-12 months post-op:

850 Calories

90 Carbs g

60+ Protein g

30 Fat g

12+ months out:

1300 Calories

150 Carb g

80-120 Protein g

45 Fat g

Just shows how different each NUT can be.

I think my eyes just became as big as saucers. My weight has stalled for 3 weeks and while I know that it is typical this early in to my weight loss, I want to try to help get myself out of this stall/plateau. Today was a perfect example of my typical eating and I only had 15 grams of carbohydrates. While I'm averaging about 50-60 oz. of Water, my Protein has been doing pretty well at about 60-80 grams with calories anywhere from 500-700.

I like the idea of graham crackers/cream cheese to help get in a few more carbs. Any other ideas? I'm not a yogurt fan.

Here are some things I do if I need to add some carbs:

Add some fat-free refried Beans - maybe 1-2 tablespoons to a lunch.< /p>

I make my shakes with 1% milk instead of Water.< /p>

I add some low-glycemic fruit to my shakes (strawberries, berry mix or peaches) - about 1/4 cup.

I might have a Carb Balance Tortilla shell with dinner.< /p>

Add some low-glycemic veggies to dinner - broccoli or cauliflower.

Hi. I'm 7 weeks post op and I've lost a total of 33lb and can't shift anymore. I don't count my carbs fats or Protein as I had the sleeve so that I didn't have to count everything. So maybe that's the problem. I have a max of 30oz of Water a day as can't drink anymore, a high protein yoghurt for Breakfast, a couple of slices of chicken breast for lunch and half a high Protein Bar and for dinner I have a small amount of chicken with a little veg and two or three small potatoes and never finish it all. I may have an orange or finish my protein bar for supper or both. I've not lost any weight for two weeks now.

My surgeon said under 100 too when I asked at my last appointment. I'm around 40-50, but she says she watches sugars more.