Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did your surgery cost?

I had mine done here in Australia. It was free for me. Well $3,000 upfront but then was totally refunded. I feel blessed.

I paid $4,500 for my surgery in Tijuana, plus an additional $500 for airfare for myself and my support person. We drank lots of Water in Mexico... bottled water.

My family out of pocket was met so all I had was a 500.00 copay. I was blessed indeed.

I had mine done here in Australia. It was free for me. Well $3,000 upfront but then was totally refunded. I feel blessed.

Hi eggwithlegs. I'm from an aussie too. When did u have ur op? How come it was free?

I just did my taxes and did the math for my surgery - everything (except shakes and vitamins) cost $2800 out of pocket - insurance covered all the rest. Not too bad for the best decision I've ever made!

Cash pay, 10,195, add in Blis, preop evals/labs/EKG, all in all about 12,800

Unless things changed from 5 years ago we were told people from America don't drink the Water but people born their were used to it and could...I have no idea we drank bottle Water

I paid 25,000 out of pocket for the surgery without insurance. My insurance covered all of the testing from other doctors, but my co pays added another few hundred onto the bill.

The total cost to the hospital was around 1 million dollars....not kidding either......Glad I live in Canada. They picked up the bill!!!!!!!!!

Was your surgery covered?

Ree

quick answer yes

long answer :huh:

my primary is medicare

i was told i could only submit to medicare AFTER my WLS

then they would review - and deny- i was told this was a formality

(2 years ago they didn't approve the sleeve) :angry:

then i was to submit to my secondary Blue Cross Blue Shield

i was told by the docs office they would pay

i had the sleeve of 12/15/11

December 2013!!!! ,,,,

i received a $22,000.00 bill for surgery :o

took a lot of work, persistence - BCBS finally paid last month :)

Phewwwww

didn't pay one red cent :)

thats my story and i'm stickin' to it :lol:

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Mine was 16,000 out of pocket. I was going to go to Mexico, but my parents were too nervous, so they helped me with the difference in cost. It was really nice not to have to Tavel right after surgery and to have the follow up care here.

I got my EOB today for my surgery that I had in December and the insurance company paid just over $15,000 for everything (my surgery, the hospital stay etc...) and if I didn't have insurance it would have cost me over $18,000. How much did I pay of the $15,000? well prior to my surgery I had already met my out of pocket max for the year so it cost me $0!! Was your surgery covered? or was it all out of pocket? how much was your insurance company charged for the surgery (if your insurance covered the surgery)?

My insurance excludes wls, therefore I went to Tijuana and paid $4400. Plus $266 airfare.

I couldn't have had a better experience.

I have a $20 copayment so with all the pre-op appointments, I probably spent $200. My surgical deductible is $1,000. So about $1,200.

The total cost for mine was approximately $25,500. I had to pay 10% or $2,500

Not one dime. Work for the hospital that did my surgery.