Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Monday Feb 3rd. I have a lot of pain but it is manageable. Getting in and out of bed is the most painful. I have only lost 1 pound so I am bummed about that! I am having cravings for all kinds of foods that I cant have. I am looking forward to when I have lot a significant amount of weight. Right now I feel like I am in a holding pattern. :(

You are extremely early on in your transformation. Your body is still dumbfounded about what happened, still in the "What the....?" stage. It hasn't had time to even set a pattern. You are recovering from an operation, much swelling, drug effects, Water retention, and adjustment.

Relax and give your body some time. Follow guidelines and get ready for a new life. :)

Things don't get real until the numbness wears off internally. Until that happens, be sure you are measuring everything and following your program guidelines.

Its very important to follow guidelines set by your dr like gman says. Youre at the stage where you won't be able to feel much down in your sleeve right now.

i had surgery on tuesday. came home from the hospital yesterday and still in pain around my large incision site. they said it's normal but thought I'd be feeling better. i'm walking alot but this pain. Otherwise I'm getting my fluids in, walking, not hungery at all.

I'm envious you are allowed to have Protein shakes and yogurt. I've had nothing but Water - surgeon will only allow Clear liquids first week post op - and I can't hold more than 1/4 cup without feeling I'll burst. I'd love some yogurt or a shake.

I had my surgery on January 14, 2014 and I too was walking around the hospital about six hours after surgery and went home the next day. I have been able to get my Protein, fluids, and calories in since the fourth day after surgery. I am still on full liquids and get to graduate to purees on Tuesday and I am so ready. I am starting to feel hungry now. I have only lost 14 pounds since surgery but I am hoping that once I start exercising at six weeks this will come down even more. I track everything though including my Vitamins, lol Good Luck on your journey and consider yourself very lucky, I know I do:)

i had surgery on tuesday. came home from the hospital yesterday and still in pain around my large incision site. they said it's normal but thought I'd be feeling better. i'm walking alot but this pain. Otherwise I'm getting my fluids in, walking, not hungery at all.

did you have it open?

I had surgery on Monday also. my doctor had so much meds, including a morphine pump in my IV, that the pain was manageable. I knew going in there would be some pain. I was kept for three days because of a snow storm. I am home now and able to put 20minutes on my treadmill thru out the day. I haven't had any gurgling or gas pains. I guess. I am one of the lucky ones! the only time I take my pain meds is before bed and I have been having great sleeps. I haven't had to take any of the nausea meds that was sent home with me.

Sounds like most everyone is doing better then I am. I'm in pain, hungry and craving all kinds of food. I look foreword to seeing and feeling more progress.

Sounds like most everyone is doing better then I am. I'm in pain, hungry and craving all kinds of food. I look foreword to seeing and feeling more progress.

I am also in pain and craving all kinds of food. I had surgery on the 29th.

http://ihadgastricsleevewls.blogspot.com/

Edited by annasue

Thanks Annasue. I don't feel so abnormal now! :)

Everything looks and sounds good but of course I don't eat it. I do however get kinda moody and cranky about it. Also my side and main incision hurt when I bend over and I still take a few pain pills a day :(

I am almost 2 weeks post op. I had surgery done January 27th and too am doing great from the get go.. I have no pain either just the gurgling too.. But I can barely get all the food, Water, and shakes I need too. I barely drink about 20 oz of water, maybe 1 Protein Shake, if that, and my food. And I'm barely eating. I can't! I get way too full. How do you drink so much? I have to sip very little or it hurts going down. Any suggestions on getting the Fluid down. I just started my soft food stage yesterday.

I also had very manageable pain from the beginning. As far as food consumption goes, I'm five weeks out and I am allowed purees for now. I'm down 33lbs. I do struggle with Water and food because I feel full after just a little bit. I'm still in shock that I went through this and I do have some wicked cravings, but it was what I needed. It amazes me that dealing with food is more traumatic than the actual surgery!

Concerning the cravings, it gets better. I had bad head hunger for about a week and a half. It was like someone was standing over my shoulder screaming CHEESEBURGER! Now its more like I get text messages letting me know that cheeseburgers are a thing and they're pretty good. So I still get cravings, but its waaay more manageable now.