Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done Monday and came home yesterday afternoon. Tuesday was not fun. Lots of stomach spasming. Today I feel like I didn't even have surgery. Able to drink without any problems. I had two Protein Shakes today, yogurt, a little Soup and a good amount of Water. The only thing is the gurgling sound in my upper airway...throat and belly. I feel super blessed but I am amazed at how good I feel. Has anyone else felt like they were back to normal this soon post op?

Awesome to hear u r doing sooo damn good-- hopeful im as fortunate! Hows getting up n down off couch n in n out of bed? Do u have any young children...mine are 2n 3 n im nervous about them jumping n wanna me to lift them :/

I have a 3 yr old son. I am not sore at all. No pain what-so-ever. I honestly do not feel l just had major abdominal surgery. It is so freaky. I have to keep reminding myself and I am not hungry at all.

Edited by Belladonna723

I had the procedure laproscopically. Not sore at all. First two nights it felt uncomfortable to lay on my left side... now I have no problem with positioning.

ME. no issues.. the gurgling still exists today.. haha. Live with it happily after almost 200lbs dropped.

Chris

I had my sleeve done Monday and came home yesterday afternoon. Tuesday was not fun. Lots of stomach spasming. Today I feel like I didn't even have surgery. Able to drink without any problems. I had two Protein Shakes today, yogurt, a little Soup and a good amount of Water. The only thing is the gurgling sound in my upper airway...throat and belly. I feel super blessed but I am amazed at how good I feel. Has anyone else felt like they were back to normal this soon post op?

hi I had my surgery in August n I was the same as u I was just real tired other than that I couldnt even tell I had surgery

Six weeks out now, and I have enjoyed a textbook recovery. Being retired helps, because I can rest when I feel like it. No problem with shoulder gas, incisions are healing nicely, not much trouble with digestion. I did sleep my first three nights home in my lift recliner. The only thing bugging me right now is a plateau that is frustrating.

I have noticed that I shiver instead of constantly overheating, but I read that shivering is a metabolism booster. I still get gurgling that sounds like a sinking battleship, but usually when I am drinking something. I am glad that you are having a great recovery, too. My heart aches for those who have had a hard time of it.

I know.. I almost felt bad posting this but I am almost worried I was doing so well. I did not feel any restriction with drinking fluids at all and the more I am reading up about it the most I understand that the restriction comes more with solid food. My best friend who had bypass nearly four years ago came over last night and was floored at how great I was doing....she said she it took her a week to feel that well. I really am so grateful because I do not have a ton of help other than my sons dad who hasn't left our side since the night before surgery. I do not like being dependent on anyone so being incapacitated too long was a great concern for me.

Ya, the gurgling. I just figured the plumbing was changed so the drain takes more time and makes a noise. :huh:

Good to hear it's going so well. I had my pre op visit yesterday before surgery on 2/24. They mentioned I should get some gasx for home. did you find any gas problems post op?

Good to hear it's going so well. I had my pre op visit yesterday before surgery on 2/24. They mentioned I should get some gasx for home. did you find any gas problems post op?

I got gasX and I been taking it religiously every 6 hours but I haven't had any lower gas just the upper gurgling which is like a trapped belch that won't come out. It is not painful mostly just annoying.

I was the same way. You're going to start to wonder if anything had really been done, and maybe its not working, but believe the stories that when you start eating for reals you'll know your tummy is tiny ;-)

I had a similar experience. Very uneventful recovery and I felt great the next day. I only noticed a little soreness when getting up/laying down. You probably won't feel any restriction right now, you're still swollen and numb. Stay the course and don't overdue it.

It is fantastic you're recovering so well! and it's important to share the good recovery stories too for those that come after us. Thanks! Congratulations!

I was the same way. You're going to start to wonder if anything had really been done, and maybe its not working, but believe the stories that when you start eating for reals you'll know your tummy is tiny ;-)

I am trying to sip as slow as they recommend in the literature but the shakes go down way too easy I hope I am not damaging my sleeve.

Um, no. In fact I'm a little envious. It took me months to feel back to normal! :wacko: That said, welcome to the losers bench!

I had my sleeve done Monday and came home yesterday afternoon. Tuesday was not fun. Lots of stomach spasming. Today I feel like I didn't even have surgery. Able to drink without any problems. I had two Protein shakes today, yogurt, a little Soup and a good amount of Water. The only thing is the gurgling sound in my upper airway...throat and belly. I feel super blessed but I am amazed at how good I feel. Has anyone else felt like they were back to normal this soon post op?

For some it never goes away, ever. I'm one of them. 3.5 Years P.Op

ME. no issues.. the gurgling still exists today.. haha. Live with it happily after almost 200lbs dropped.

Chris

Edited by LilMissDiva