Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The pre-op struggles and feelings: Im tired of being fat...DAMN

Off the cigarette subject for just a quick sec, what are you all looking up on YouTube? Are you just searching "gastric sleeve"? I'm prolly gonna regret asking cuz I'll be even more obsessed, but I'm super curious!

Girl yes it is just that simple! :) I started with that basic phrase and slowly added different details that interested me. I'm sure you will become obsessed for a short time but its beyond informative and inspiring. Whenever I am like f*** this eating better and exercise I watch a video and I am reminded what I want and why. YouTube videos are the TRUTH!!!!!

Girl yes it is just that simple! :) I started with that basic phrase and slowly added different details that interested me. I'm sure you will become obsessed for a short time but its beyond informative and inspiring. Whenever I am like f*** this eating better and exercise I watch a video and I am reminded what I want and why. YouTube videos are the TRUTH!!!!!

I'll check some out tomorrow! Thanks!! :)

Ok so I thought I was the only one who felt as if life was on pause until this surgery had been completed.

Oh no, I am definitely there! I find myself saying "After surgery I wil...." whether it's getting a haircut, cleaning out my fridge, going on a date, buying clothes, meeting new people...almost every thought begins with "After surgery I will..." The only thing I am not prefacing is eating. The horrible mix of quitting smoking and knowing I will be getting sleeved in a couple of months has awakened the eating machine. I feel insatiable, bottomless and out of control....it's like the decision for wls has completely relaxed the tight control I have tried to maintain over my eating. I may actually have to buy larger clothes in the two months before surgery...it's nuts!

I am glad to hear I am not the only person who is obsessing...but, while I think I have made the right decision to get wls, I really don't think putting my life "on pause" is mentally healthy, it's horrible for my social life as well as my waistline...I can only hope it is normal and temporary.

Congratulations again on not smoking!! Check out quitnet.com , download a stop smoking app, take care of yourself and really Celebrate every success!

I don't smoke but I can definitely relate on the obsession part. This WLS has consumed my almost every thought. I try not to talk to my friends about it because frankly, I'm pretty sure they're sick of hearing about it. I'm always reading about WLS, read almost every post on here on a daily... trying to imagine what my experience will be. I'm still waiting on a date. Just waiting for that phone to ring.
I'm a single mom of a 7 year old so I have so many feelings of fear that something could go wrong in the surgery and i'm all she has, but I don't let those feels stay in my head too long. I try to envision life as a healthy person -100 lbs and it seems unreachable since I've struggled with weight forever.

So anyways, yes, totally obsessed with this but the good thing is that I think food is already starting to repulse me.

I don't smoke but I can definitely relate on the obsession part. This WLS has consumed my almost every thought. I try not to talk to my friends about it because frankly, I'm pretty sure they're sick of hearing about it. I'm always reading about WLS, read almost every post on here on a daily... trying to imagine what my experience will be. I'm still waiting on a date. Just waiting for that phone to ring.

I'm a single mom of a 7 year old so I have so many feelings of fear that something could go wrong in the surgery and i'm all she has, but I don't let those feels stay in my head too long. I try to envision life as a healthy person -100 lbs and it seems unreachable since I've struggled with weight forever.

So anyways, yes, totally obsessed with this but the good thing is that I think food is already starting to repulse me.

I haven't told many friends about my WLS. I am sure it will come out later, but I don't want anyone raining on my parade right now. I just need positivity to keep myself motivated through this preop phase. So mostly I "talk" on here where we're mostly going through the same thing and everyone is supportive and encouraging (which I am grateful for).

I'm a mom to a 5-year-old girl and my biggest fear of this surgery is not making it through it. I don't want to leave her motherless. So I can totally relate in that aspect. But then I think of how much better of a mom I'll be from doing this. I talked to my surgeon today and signed my consents and he assured me that he thinks I'm a great candidate, very low risk per the cardiologist, and that I will sail right through it. He also had not had any patients die, which was also a relief.

So you're not alone :)

I hit obsessed over 2 months ago!! My process started in Sept. and I was told it would only take 4-6 weeks I'm working on almost 6 months. I've run into a stomach (polyps) issue that will keep my surgery date as far away as the end of March!! I YouTube daily as well as browse this site. I'm just sooooo ready already!! Glad to know I'm not the only one ;)

I'm a little obsessed also. Well, as obsessed as I have time for. I love watching youtube videos. They are very encouraging for me also. I watch and think about my future. I can't wrap my head around the fact that I could truely be skinny(ish) again. It's been 20 years, and I can't even remember what it feels like. I can't wait until May!

Congrats of quitting! My MD will not do surgery on smokers either. You will feel so good and healthy on the other side of this!