Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whats everybody eaten today

I had an Unjury shake for Breakfast, two pieces of bacon and two eggs for lunch and smothered steak, mashed potatoes and peas for dinner. I made gravy with the steak and covered the meat and potatoes with that. It helps it go down. Then I ate some more steak without gravy and it got stuck and I slimed for 45 minutes. So I ate some chocolate kisses and two packs of chocolate pudding to get it to go down. It worked. I also had some Dr. Pepper and some brandy. No wonder I'm not getting thinner.

I see a nutrionist/trainer twice per week (a work benefit). This guy is amazing - he's 68 and has never missed a day of working out in his life. He has a PhD in biology. He considers himself to be a scientist first and a fitness expert second. We call him Dr. Z.

I have been working out with him since I got released by my doctor in January. The workouts are geared around cardio and weight lifting. Dr. Z understands the science of how to make your body work efficiently. His belief is that natural foods (this would include whole eggs, real butter and real sugar) are not bad for you. His plan is everything in moderation and don't eliminate anything. We had a great debate about carbs. He explained to us that chemically speaking the body must have carbohydrates to burn fat. Without carbs, excess fat cannot be disposed of by the body.

I was only averaging 1200 calories per day in February. I lost inches but no pounds. I talked this over with Dr. Z in mid March and he told me that I should never consume less than 1500 calories in a day (balanced diet w/ Protein emphasis) and that I should be closer to 1700. I immediately pumped up my consumption and I have lost 8 pounds. In addition, I increased my carb intake. I always eat within one hour of a workout to replace the energy that I used in the workout. This means that my body will not resort to "conservation" mode.

These things have worked for me so I just wanted to share...

That is amazing and thanks for sharing...can you let us know your height and weight as obviously this regime has been based on your statitics. I would love to eat more but my band is still too tight...LOL

Love

MV

I think I'd like your nutritionist. That's exactly how I feel and its worked just fine for me too. In fact I must update my ticker, I'm even closer to my goal weight now, yippeeeeee!

Ok. here is my first post on this thread. I got banded last Wednesday March 28th.

Today I have eaten,

1 low fat yoghurt

1 Glass Fresh Orange juice

1 Slimfast shake

1 low fat yoghurt

1 cheese triangle

later I will have a bowl of Tomato Soup.

I've not been at all hungry, however. I do worry I'm not getting enough Protein.

Dave

Kozy Shack no sugar pudding

Iced coffee with milk

lunch

2 hotdogs

unsweetened tea

Down 5 pounds

Ok. here is my first post on this thread. I got banded last Wednesday March 28th.

Today I have eaten,

1 low fat yoghurt

1 Glass Fresh Orange juice

1 Slimfast shake

1 low fat yoghurt

1 cheese triangle

later I will have a bowl of Tomato Soup.< /p>

I've not been at all hungry, however. I do worry I'm not getting enough Protein.

Dave

I was banded almost 2 weeks ago and only feel good about my Protein on the days that I add a protein supplement. I like Isopure because it doesn't have an after taste and has 25g of protein per scoop. It's also clear, which meets my dr.'s requirement of Clear liquids for a week after surgery. So, just a suggestion! FYI, I wasn't able to eat the things you listed until the second week post-op and can't have a cheese triangle for another month--lucky you!

Congrats on your banding! Karen

Saturday was a bad day, I ate some fruit for breakfast and was sooooo busy I virtually didnt eat all day. I got by with coffee, a spoonful of Peanut Butter and probably 4 potato chips and a glass of wine at ,y niece's birthday party. I had spaghetti bolognaise out of the freezer for dinner, about 1/2 a cup. No vegetables, hardly any Protein, too much caffeine. Difference is in my previous life on a day like that I would have swung through the drive through for a large quarter pounder meal and hoed into the chips, cake and junk at the birthday party.

Yesterday was better:

Breakfast - muesli with greek yogurt, pureed berries and skim milk

lunch - brie and mustard preserved apricots on Water crackers (4) and a banana

dinner - a bbq'd sausage, new potatoes and a big salad, small glass of wine.

My height is 5'8" and I now weigh 210 pounds (gotta update my signature).

I have really taken Dr. Z's advice to heart. He has really opened my eyes to the fact that you can be a "skinny" person and still have a very high percentage of body fat. When your body is starved it will burn what it needs to function - the most common sacrifice is muscle mass. Consuming too few calories will result in weight loss but not the kind that is sustainable.

I now embrace the plateaus. This means that I am nourishing my body, building muscle mass and burning fat at the right levels. As my muscle mass increases the metabolic benefits will burn the excess, unneeded fat.

Good luck to everyone.

Breakfast

1/2 Asiago cheese bagel

1 egg

1 slice of lean bacon

1 slice of cheese

1 cup of skim chocolate milk (separate from my meal)

lunch

2 slices of turkey breast

1 slice of Gouda

2 slices of Sara Lee Delightful Multi-Grain bread (only 90 calories)

15 white cheddar soy crisps

1 100-calorie pack of Lorna Doone Cookies

dinner

1 Taco Bell Taco salad (shell not eaten)

1 fat free Tapioca pudding

snack

6 oz. of Grapes

Total calories - 1468

Total Protein - 78

oh embrace me my brothers and sisters for i have sinned.

Tonight i blew it bigtime and im payin the price...chinese food buffet with grill. oh holy cow. im still miserable. ive walked the length of town and back, then again, and then im hot teaing it, and tums.

good lord almighty.

Lizrbit...Consider yourself embraced!! This really is a huge learning experience, isn't it? Yesterday, I was extremely busy...didn't have time to eat until 7pm. I had one hamburger patty with american cheese and a little red onion. Then later I had a slim fast shake....gotta have that Protein. I stepped on the scale this morning thinking I would've finally dropped many pounds overnight.....but WHAT???? NO!! Nothing dropped in over 4 weeks. Very discouraging. Maybe I'm just not eating enough...Do you think my body is fighting me? What is wrong with me? I just can't seem to lose another pound. I'm open to suggestions. I can't eat before 10 am...and get hungry by nighttime. woe is me.....after going through this surgery, I really expected to be shedding pounds by now.

I'm watching calories and carbs, no sugar, no bread.< /p>