Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hello everyone was in Belfast yesterday for a fill, I swore I wasn't going the whole way to Belfast after paying 10 grand but it was my only option and I needed one:huh2: Anyway it was a nightmare I decided it would be easier to drive instead of getting the train, as I'd have to make my way in and out of town etc. so I drove. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get there, the place is in the middle of nowhere. When I got there, there were about 10 other people there, it was a nightmare:ohmy: The girl working there told me there was a 45 min delay..........I ended up being there 3 hours. Then it took me 3 1/2 hours to get home with traffic:mad2: so that was a total of 9 hours just to get a bloody fill:cursing: I was so mad, after handing out 10 grand having to go through such an ordeal for a bloody fill. I met some lovely people up there were any of you there yesterday?? Not one person had a good thing to say about ACS, the amount of problems people had with bands opening, port infections etc. it was frightening:eek: There was a girl there in agony who had a port infection for 3 months and nothing was done about it, Jerome was horrified and is taking the whole band out now, the poor girl was in bits. Even with all the problems though the success stories were amazing, most lost between 6 and 7 stone:mellow: it gave me the kick up the backside I need:unsure: Jerome was in great form, looked really well tho he's lost alot of weight. He gave me 1/2 ml which hopefully will help me lose the rest of this bloody weight. So hopefully will be posting I've finally started losing some weight again

Hope your all having a good day, thats some day out isnt it:ohmy:

Right folks. We need to pick a time and a place. Probably close to Fitzwilliam Street as most of us are heading there for fills/consultations.

As I said, I don't know Dublin so if anyone knows of somewhere that we can meet (that won't mind being invaded by a grup of women!) post it here and We can pick a place and a time that suits everyone. I assume morning will be better around 11 or 12 ish?

HI I got a Pm from Simone,I did not get one from you ellen,I think I could do with a small fill do you think DR DeBruyne would give one, I only want half ml I will pay the 120 euro but I dont have an app.what do you think girls. I think I either have 6.5 or 7 I would need him to take out what I have in it to see talk soon Terry

Hi Ellen,

I had a look at the site for Dr Cerna it looks very good and prices are competitive. I hope to have another couple of stone gone by the summer and maybe be in a position to have a Tummy Tuck and boob lift.

I'd be on for meeting up in town next Thursday for a coffee and a chat, can someone pm me with the time and the place.

I met a guy in Belfast yesterday whos wife is in Romania at the minute having a Tummy Tuck and boob job for 4500 euro very cheap isnt it

Hi Everyone

Looking forward to finally meeting up with some of you on Thursday. I'll let someone Dublin based decide where's best to meet. It doesnt matter to me where.

Laura, you'll definitely get an appt cos I only rang up for mine on Friday evening and there was no issue. If you do a search for Julie Tosh on this thread you'll find the UK number.. Elsie or Ailbhe posted it some time ago. Julie is Dr C's UK based secretary.

Gerri, Yep Dr Cerna's prices are even better that Belgium. For anything to do with the face I'd say she's certainly more experienced than Dr D. Her fans on other websites would say she's conservative if anything so I dont think safety is a worry with her. They are probably much of a muchness for post WLS plastics as they both seem to do a lot of it. She's probably a good 10 years older so maybe she is more experienced also, hard to know.

What I regarded as her major disadvantage before I now, with hindsight, see as an advantage. She makes you stay there a few days longer (accommodation is way cheaper there than in Vilvoorde) but youre probably in much better shape to travel by the time you do leave. When I booked my return flight I was way too ambitious and ended up having to book an entirely new flight home at short notice ust b4 Easter - not cheap!. Also by changing my hotel arrangements I lost my good deal I had got over the intranet - they cancelled my remaining days and make an entirely new booking at 130 a night instead of 80. Plus there was 400 for the hospital. In Dr Cerna's set up, she has someone popping in every day to check up on you and they call her (she's in the same building I gather) if necessary.

I have to say I am really sore still after the Lipo (God, I real ray of sunshine today amn't I?), even though I am able to treadmill walk which Im doing a lot of to try and speed up healing and ward off clots. It was a way bigger deal than I expected. Not sure if inner thigh lipo on my 40 yr old skin was my brightest idea yet, it looks a tad droopy - i dont mind that much, the shape fully clothed is more important to me right now than catwalk modelling of sexy bikinis!!

I have a few questions for the delicious one but he's not answering my emails - (that's what I was PMing yourself and Coco about earlier Laura b4 nipper intervened). I seem to have sutures in the lipo incisions and I dont know if they will dissolve or need to be removed, he didnt mention them. Ive a few other questions for him as well, such as when can I shower (before the neighbours en mass vote to have me removed from the locality).

All the best

Ellen

Just checking one thing Ms Tuch gave me The Raglan Clinic, 4 Fitzwilliam Square as the address for my appointment. I notice the website gives Clifton Clinic on Fitzwilliam Street. They are not far from each other but I certain she said Raglan Clinic

Any Thoughts

Marge

Hi Marge

Its def the Raglan Clinic. The last time he was here it was in Fitzwilliam Street but he wasnt happy with it so looked for somewhere better. We've decided on a place to meet up so I'll PM the details later to anyone whos expressed an interest.

Anyone else who wants details just let me know. Prob best to keep it to PM.

Elsie

Hi All,

Well I've missed a whole lot of posts in the past few days its taken me ages to catch up. Great to see so many new people posting, welcome to all of you, and the oldies returning thats great too, welcome back.

Ellen, Elsie and anyone else that's meeting up on Thursday, please pm me the details I would love to meet up.

Can't stop to chat now as I've to put the kids to bed and organise the school uniforms. So bye for now and please someone pm me.:scared2:

Hi All

I sent out a PM with the meeting details to most of you. If I forgot anyone who wants to go please let me know.

By the way I've never been to that place, I just know its close to the clinic, so please dont blame me if its a kip!!

Hope to see you all soon.

Elsie

Hi All

I sent out a PM with the meeting details to most of you. If I forgot anyone who wants to go please let me know.

By the way I've never been to that place, I just know its close to the clinic, so please dont blame me if its a kip!!

Hope to see you all soon.

Elsie

Hi Elsie,

Thanks for that, if memory serves me right that place is not bad at all. Took me a while to find the thread this morning.:confused2: Must be post holiday hangover.:cursing:. See you Thursday.

Weigh day today and I actually lost weight for the first time in 2 weeks! Wahoo!!!! Also booked my holiday for the end of May so I'm going to start excercising now and hopefully lose a bit more weight before then! I want to wear togs and not feel too self conscious. I know I won't be slim but if I could get down to a 20 (size 22 now) I'd be happy out!

Hi All,

I've just noticed that our thread is moving further and further down the list even when we post it's not moving up. So I've taken it upon myself to start another thread with the same name so that we can be found by anyone looking for us. I will give a link to this thread in case anyone wants to refer back to this one. I hope this is okay with everyone.:cursing: