Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What helped me with hunger way past post op

This is not intended for anyone that is a fresh post op. You need to follow your doctors instructions. In the first few months after surgery after I was healed up and moving on with my new life, I was having such a issue with hunger that it drove me crazy. I was consistently losing weight so my surgeon would not give me any fills. I lost 70lbs in the first six months but it was my journey. This is not usually typical for everyone so please do not base your weight loss on my weight loss. I went to GNC one day to get Vitamins for my husband and I asked the guy there is there anything you have that will curb hunger. He told me to try the Hoodia Super Thin and that it took about a week to work. It tricks your mind in to feeling you are full. I was skeptical but I tried it anyway and it did work. It kept me full feeling after about a week. You take it 30 minutes before Breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch. You can take it before dinner but it says it may keep you awake so I did not. I have seen it in other stores but I only buy from GNC and its around 20 a bottle. I am not saying that this will help everyone but it helped me until my doctor gave me a fill. Even now I use it sometimes when I go through periods of hunger and they drive me crazy. There were no side affects that I noticed from it. You have to do what works for you but this definitely worked for me. I am in no way telling everyone to go out and buy it but it did work for me. If you are newly banded this is not for you. The weeks after surgery are for you to heal and not add other things that your doctor has not recommended for you to try.

I am going to check this out! Thanks. Did your surgeon know you were taking this and did he/she approve? Just curious.

Yes he knew all supplements I was taking and he said if it was working then to take it because until I stopped consistently losing he was in no way giving me a fill. At each visit we had to go over everything we were taking over the counter and prescription. I never had one fill until I was a year post op. I was never mad at him for not giving me a fill just because I was hungry. My band was doing what it was supposed to. Some people hunger is always an issue no matter how tight your band is. I find at times I am very hungry through out this journey but I am at proper fill level. I am not going to get a fill just because I am hungry when I am doing great maintaining. I am just one of those people that the band does not control hunger for. I accept it but there is help for me and my issue.

Thanks. Good to know. I can't find it at GNC online, but see Amazon sells it.

Thanks for the info Cheryl. I have a friend that is experiencing a lot of hunger but can't get another fill yet. I'm going to pass the info on to her. :)

Are you taking one capsule before Breakfast and another before lunch? Or more then one each time?

Hubby doesn't want to get another fill, but has been struggling with some hunger issues. I'll pass this on to him and see how it works for him.

Its one 30 minutes before each meal is what I take.