Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need so much help!

Have you been to a new surgeon for another opinion? I think that's where I would start, although, I can understand being nervous about doing that.

Have you been to a new surgeon for another opinion? I think that's where I would start, although, I can understand being nervous about doing that.

I'm still contemplating a lawsuit so I need to look for a new surgeon for check ups anyway. I hate that because my current staff and NP are so amazing and sweet. I may have to pursue a surgeon in Louisville, KY instead. It'll be worth the extra drive time, but another operation is an absolute last resort in my mind right now haha

Your experience sounds awful!

I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia as well as several autoimmune disorders (Hashimotos, PCOS, and lichen planus). A year ago I was in excruciating pain all the time and so tired I slept 12 hours a day. I have gradually been working on improving my health and losing weight was just a part of it. I am even running my first half marathon on Sunday!

With your fibro, slow loss, and depression, I would highly recommend getting tested for Hashimotos. Make sure your doc tests for thyroid antibodies, and not just a TSH test. Since you mentioned that you have not seen an endocrinologist, that would be my first recommendation. Check with your pharmacy to see what endos in your area prescribe Armour thyroid, Cytomel, or other T3/T4 thyroid meds. The endos that only treat with T3 (Synthroid) are usually not the best docs for improving your health. If you get this done and find out you have Hashis, read the book "Stop the Thyroid Madness."

Second, get your Vit D levels checked. Low Vit D levels can cause a lot of pain. You need to get your levels to an optimal level, not just in range (80+ is optimal, but 35+ is considered in range). I hurt all over if my level is below 50 and once over 80 I start feeling a whole lot better.

After you get tested for Hashis, I would also recommend trying the AIP (autoimmune protocol) diet. In addition to reducing inflammation, which will help you feel better, it will help repair your gut. Your gut is the main immune system for your body and if it's not healthy then you're going to feel horrible.

Your experience sounds awful! I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia as well as several autoimmune disorders (Hashimotos, PCOS, and lichen planus). A year ago I was in excruciating pain all the time and so tired I slept 12 hours a day. I have gradually been working on improving my health and losing weight was just a part of it. I am even running my first half marathon on Sunday! With your fibro, slow loss, and depression, I would highly recommend getting tested for Hashimotos. Make sure your doc tests for thyroid antibodies, and not just a TSH test. Since you mentioned that you have not seen an endocrinologist, that would be my first recommendation. Check with your pharmacy to see what endos in your area prescribe Armour thyroid, Cytomel, or other T3/T4 thyroid meds. The endos that only treat with T3 (Synthroid) are usually not the best docs for improving your health. If you get this done and find out you have Hashis, read the book "Stop the Thyroid Madness." Second, get your Vit D levels checked...

Thank you! My D levels are right on target but the rest I will absolutely look into! What's the diet like? What is Hashimotos? That's a new one to me :)

I have Hashi's. It's an autoimmune thyroid disorder that can affect the whole body. I agree with the other poster. You need to get a full thyroid panel + antibodies to get an accurate idea of what's going on inside. Current studies suggest an elimination of gluten can significantly improve Hashi's. Google Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for more information.

I have Hashi's. It's an autoimmune thyroid disorder that can affect the whole body. I agree with the other poster. You need to get a full thyroid panel + antibodies to get an accurate idea of what's going on inside. Current studies suggest an elimination of gluten can significantly improve Hashi's. Google Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for more information.

Thank you so much! The only thing I saw on the symptoms that I don't and have never had is the goiter/thyroid swelling. I'm wondering if I do have Hashi's, if getting it under control will help with my pain and fibro? I'm about one step away from breaking down and applying for disability because I can't do anything. I sleep about 10-12 hours a day, most days I'm lucky to have the strength to go to the toilet (the rim hits right on my trigger points and I've sobbed numerous times while peeing just because of the trigger point pain.)

I'm 27 and it breaks my heart to even think about being on a fixed income and giving up my dreams of a career and kids, but as things are now, that's where my life is heading.

Maybe a full thyroid panel will help diagnose anything to kick start this damn weightloss! This sleeve disappointment was kind of the final straw. :/

wow..You have been through some terrible stuff and ongoing is not good.....sorry for all your troubles!!!!!!

I too had a leak and complications and for over a year now have been struggling with the complications of the sleeve...I have a category 5 bed sore on my tail bone and it hurts constantly..I use a doughnut to sit on and not the kind you eat..LOL

The reason I am telling you this is because it does get better over time...I was so sick and almost died...But I am here and the weight is coming off....Our bodies control the situation and will shut down under stress......Then when things are more to your systems liking..it will start again...

I was my surgeons first severe complication as well. He had done over 500 WLS..But he was a trooper and looked out for me and after me until all was taken care of....Find a team like that...You need that support...

But attitude is all about it..Stay positive..it will have a good effect on your body.....It will be better soon no matter what you all chose to do...k

Who was your physician?

Thank you so much! The only thing I saw on the symptoms that I don't and have never had is the goiter/thyroid swelling. I'm wondering if I do have Hashi's, if getting it under control will help with my pain and fibro? I'm about one step away from breaking down and applying for disability because I can't do anything. I sleep about 10-12 hours a day, most days I'm lucky to have the strength to go to the toilet (the rim hits right on my trigger points and I've sobbed numerous times while peeing just because of the trigger point pain.)

I'm 27 and it breaks my heart to even think about being on a fixed income and giving up my dreams of a career and kids, but as things are now, that's where my life is heading.

Maybe a full thyroid panel will help diagnose anything to kick start this damn weightloss! This sleeve disappointment was kind of the final straw. :/

My sister has Hashi's and a goiter, and though I have diagnosed Hashi's, I do not have a goiter or any significant thyroid swelling. Once after a pregnancy loss, I developed two thyroid nodules, but they resolved. I hope you get some answers. If your tests come back positive, do insist on a T3/T4 supplement like Armour, and do take anything like Synthroid or Levothyroxine. They're really quite useless. Stop the Thyroid Madness as mentioned above is a good book and Facebook page.

It's been a year, I've followed my diet to a T. In that year (and 2 months) I've been diagnosed as hypoglycemic, had a huge jump in fibro pain, dealing with permanent leak complications, osteiarthritis has gotten worse, had my surgeon treat me like sh!t, looking at potential surgery for my now almost exposed tailbone, and only lost 60-65lbs (haven't been on a scale in awhile.) a sleeve test showed my sleeve can hold: wait for it- 16 ounces! I've measured and weighed everything. The sleeve has been crap for me. Low carb and high Protein has obviously done all it can and even my dietician is at a loss. So- what do you do when the sleeve stops working? It's time for other diet options. Sensa, maybe? Guide me. Advise me. Help me. I am NOT satisfied, I'm still "obese" and very depressed to have gone through so much with such minimal results. Heeeeelp!

post-163027-0-24519000-1389833410_thumb.jpg

Go to this site Order the 5 day pouch test

i would recommend a paleo autoimmune diet, and a trainer who has experience working with bariatric patients. you may want to read a book called "ultrametabolism." it explains how hard it is to lose weight when your body is having an inflammation crisis. (which it sounds like it is based on your symptoms)

feel free to PM me for more info.

Who was your physician?

Due to a possible lawsuit I cannot give my surgeons name. But I did have my surgery in southern Indiana

i would recommend a paleo autoimmune diet, and a trainer who has experience working with bariatric patients. you may want to read a book called "ultrametabolism." it explains how hard it is to lose weight when your body is having an inflammation crisis. (which it sounds like it is based on your symptoms) feel free to PM me for more info.

Thank you! I'll look into that!

No I'm not, what would the bring to the picture exactly? As familiar I am with the mass of different doctors, endocrinology is a field I'm not familiar with.

I did not see this before. Sorry. Endocrinologist are MDs who address the endocrine system: metabolic disorders, diabetes, thyroid problems are some common disease areas. They diagnose and treat.

A lot of what others are talking about here.

I still see mine because early in rapid weight loss my body really liked to eat muscle over fat. I was cold all the time, etc. He sorted out my BMR and helped me protect my lean muscle. I'm really grateful for him. I never stalled and I think it's because I had him helping me.

Due to a possible lawsuit I cannot give my surgeons name. But I did have my surgery in southern Indiana

FYI, when i look at your post on my desktop computer, i see your full profile, including your surgeon's name.