Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full band...

I'm just curious... what do they do if you are at full band fill but still not restricted well? The reason I'm asking is that I have the 9.75 band, the fill doctor I use said he can only give me .5 cc's more and my band will be at maximum capacity... so what happens if I'm still not restricted enough to lose weight?

I am at 2.5cc's right now and I had this awesome restriction (for the first time) 2 days after the fill. I was eating less and full longer, though I didn't lose any weight I still felt restricted but now all of that is gone so I want to go back for another fill.

well congratulations on your weight loss so far, i just got banded last tuesday, march 13 and found out last night that i lost 5lbs.

it's really motivating to finally see some results.

hope to keep the good work,

kaybritt

I sense that something is wrong with your doctor's math skills or something because the Inamed 9.75 band will hold 4 cc's of saline. If you only have 2.5cc's now, that will allow for another 1.5cc's. I have 2.9 cc's in now, and have really just now gotten the restriction that stays with you long enough for you to think"wow, I don't know if I really want any more fills". My first few fills would last a week or so and then fade away, but I was losing so fast then too. Since loss has slowed way down, so has the time it takes for fills to fade away. I am just saying, get your amounts correct from your doctor, so you will know exactly what is going on. A fill of 2.5 is only a bit over half full. Somehow measurements got mixed up. Check it out so you will know exactly where you are so you can quit worrying needlessly. MIZBOO

It is not possible for someone to reach their full limit. I have heard of someone saying that the doctor put too big of a band on them and they had all of the fills they could get. I guess that could be a possibility but I don't know of anyone that has gotten 4ccs put in their band and has been able to eat anything. However you still have a ways to go, I am not sure why your doctor is saying you can only have .5 more. You are only half way to your full point.

I agree, I have the 9.75cm inamed lowpro band and it hold's 4cc's plus my surgeon said they will actually hold almost double if need be and I have 2.7 in mine right now.

My fill nurse told me that bands can be filled well beyond their listed capacity and still retain their integrity. She has a patient with 13cc's in his 10cc band and he still has room for plenty more should he require it. If your doctor says you don't have more room get a sceond or third opinion!

Thanks for all of the information! If my Dr. won't go above 3cc's then I'll go elsewhere. He is able to pull out all of the Fluid btw, he checked it last time.

I'm just curious... what do they do if you are at full band fill but still not restricted well? The reason I'm asking is that I have the 9.75 band, the fill doctor I use said he can only give me .5 cc's more and my band will be at maximum capacity... so what happens if I'm still not restricted enough to lose weight?

I am at 2.5cc's right now and I had this awesome restriction (for the first time) 2 days after the fill. I was eating less and full longer, though I didn't lose any weight I still felt restricted but now all of that is gone so I want to go back for another fill.

I also have a 9.75 cm band which is supposed to hold 4.0 cc's. I have had 4.0 cc's in my band at one time. The doctor said he can go to almost 5.0 cc's if he has to. There is no reason that your doctor can't fill you past 3.0 cc's which is what you would have if he added .5 cc's to your current fill of 2.5 cc's. I see some of these posts and read about some of the most absurd things that some of these fill doctors come up with! I am so glad that I have a great fill doctor!