Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

today I went for a checkup to see how things are going in 12 weeks I put on 1.2 kilos.. Very disappointed but will be using this to get back my motivation I am determined to loose 30 kilos this year!

if i can remember my drug dealing days a kilo is 2.2 pounds right? just kidding on the fore mentioned. i can gain 2lbs blinking an eye. please remember that as long as you are eating healthy, eating the right amount and throwing a few laps around your living room, you will lose weight. just concentrate on that. your band will help you to not overeat as long as you eat good healthy solid food. i didn't lose a thing one month and the next month i lost 6lbs without changing a thing. enjoy your band and don't sweat about a few pounds, they likely are just Water retention. good luck and best wishes

I am not sure in pounds

But I'm getting lite n easy so it should help in portion size which is good :)

I just want to feel better about myself and I'm going back to the meetings they have I need help I'm really struggling which I'm finding it hard to admit

I gained weight also...even after I started too get fills....but it all worked out in the end once the band was fully adjusted and my weight loss journey truly began....then the weight consistently started to come off on a weekly basis until my body determined it was finished.

Sounds like you have a plan. Good for you! Best wishes int eh new year. Karen..aka.kll724

I was banded 12/10. Lost 20 lbs right away between the pre op diet and being afraid to eat. Then I got stuck. Plateau'd for 3 weeks as the swelling subsided and I could eat more. I didn't gain but it was so frustrating. Now suddenly I am losing again. Really have to concentrate on what and how much I am eating. I get my first fill next week. Down 26 lbs total so far. Yes, it is hard and frustrating, but it is such a relief to be losing weight and not gaining it. It's just a daily struggle to eat right and healthy. But I'm doing it! Thank you to all who are on this site. Very reassuring and helpful. Xoxo

Yeah that's exactly right it's so hard to focus on the food I spent all my life eating what I want when I want and it's hard to say no to the crap I used to eat but I got lite n easy :)

I hope everything really works out and you will get there. And it is so awesome being here everyone sharing their success stories is so reassuring when you've hit a wall! Just keep going at it and then your body will adjust.

I was banded 12/10. Lost 20 lbs right away between the pre op diet and being afraid to eat. Then I got stuck. Plateau'd for 3 weeks as the swelling subsided and I could eat more. I didn't gain but it was so frustrating. Now suddenly I am losing again. Really have to concentrate on what and how much I am eating. I get my first fill next week. Down 26 lbs total so far. Yes, it is hard and frustrating, but it is such a relief to be losing weight and not gaining it. It's just a daily struggle to eat right and healthy. But I'm doing it! Thank you to all who are on this site. Very reassuring and helpful. Xoxo

Congratulations on losing 26 lbs. That's great!!! It is hard and it will be a struggle. Just keep focused and know that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Continued success.

Edited by Lady VS