Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if there is anyone on here that is in my area? We have support groups but I have not found them to be that helpful.

Me!!!! I'm preop. Who is your surgeon???

Me!!!! I'm preop. Who is your surgeon?????

Dr. Olsen from Centennial. Had mine Oct. 29th.

I am preop with Dr. Williams at vandy. No date yet as you don't get a date until approved. Should submit to ins mid Feb. I've been to nor support group at Vandy and it was really good. Their groups are open to anyone. Meetings are at 100 Oaks. Look at their website for times. I'm happy to be supportive to you too. I'm excited and nervous!!! Ready to get this show on the road. I live in Columbia, work in Franklin.

I live in Columbia and work in franklin at Ford. I have lost almost 50 pounds since my surgery on October. 29th. Need to start working out. Going to a gym off Kedron Rd. We can support each other.

I live in Columbia and work in franklin at Ford. I have lost almost 50 pounds since my surgery on October. 29th. Need to start working out. Going to a gym off Kedron Rd. We can support each other.

I work at the hospital. I belong to Williamson Co. rec in spring hill but I'm thinking of getting a Planet Fitness membership, which gym are you at?. I can't wait to lose 50! Way to go!! I will need help! I am scared I can't do it but I'm actually very excited too. I've lost 15 preop since Nov. harder now, especially over Holidays. Back on track though. Any regrets? Anything you wish you'd have known?

Don't worry, you will be able to do it with no problem. I have always had little to no willpower and have not had one bit of problem except once day. I am a person that likes foods that crunch. Well you can imagine nothing we will be eating has crunch. Did not have a problem with Christmas or New Years. I am lucky since I has no kids and my husband that cooks. He does volunteer at the hospital once a week. I am going to send you an e-mail. The gym is called anytime fitness on kedron rd.

I'm just starting this journey myself. Haven't even decided on a doctor yet. I live in south TN but work at GM in Spring Hill. At this point, I'm leaning toward the sleeve. Any thoughts?

I'm just starting this journey myself. Haven't even decided on a doctor yet. I live in south TN but work at GM in Spring Hill. At this point, I'm leaning toward the sleeve. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure which forum this thread lives in but you will probably need to go into both Sleevers and Bypass forums to get both sides of the story. People tend to have intense feelings about why they chose what they chose. Sometimes, one procedure is recommended over another based on goals and co-morbids. Make your appointment and talk, talk, talk to you surgeon and team. There is sooooo much information here on these boards but you need to come to a decision WITH your surgeon. I chose the sleeve for several reasons. Some studies suggest lower weight loss with the sleeve but many are extremely successful losing 100+!pounds. I am a nurse and the sleeve just made sense to me. I also have a strong family history of digestive cancers so I didn't want a "blind pouch" sitting there that can't be scoped later if needed. I also felt the re-routing of the intestines had a higher risk of complications. But, the bypass is the older "gold standard". My surgeon didn't push me either way. But if I had been a bad diabetic, I don't think he would have agreed to the sleeve. Best of luck. I'm very excited to get this show on the road!

I'm in Nashville. I had surgery at Centennial with Dr Houston 13 months ago. Best of luck to you all!!

I'm near the Dickson area, and having surgery on March 20@ Centennial...where have you tried to find support groups at?

I live in Smyrna and work in Nashville. I had my surgery in murfreesboro st thomas hospital back in December 2012. I'm doing great and looking forests to have plastic surgery for my tummy and breast. Best of luck!!!

Hey, I live in Smyrna and work in Nashville as well! Had mine at Centennial though since I work at HCA :)

Hello to all the Nashville area folks, I'm about you be sleeved on Thursday and just wondering how you all are doing, its nice to converse with local sleevers...my Dr is Dr Dyer@ Centennial.