Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Congratulations UGAgirl! :biggrin:

hi Patt, I am in Brunswick also. Dr Kent did my lapband and am very please. We have support groups that meet at the hospital locally. There is one this coming Tuesday if you are interested. Please come and join the group..it is fun.

Phyllis

Hi all:

Saw my PCP today and after discussing my desire to do the LapBand, she said she would help me anyway she could! Yeah! My insurance, Aetna covers it also.

I had visited TrueResults off of Peachtree-Dunwoody last week~the first week they opened. But, it seemed like a disorganized place. AND they wanted to fly me, and hubby, to Dallas to have surgery! What? No thanks.

So, my PCP said she has had patients that have used Dr. Charles Finley at Crawford-Emory. I called them today and I have appt with him in couple weeks~no seminar. I have searched this entire board and have not found one post about him.

Has anyone used Dr. Finley??? I would love to hear all feed back.

Thanks ALL!

abfree

Middle GA

I also go on obesityhelp.com I searched the name finley and got 1 patient feedback, and also found another patient of dr. finleys. Maybe you could go on there too and do the search and then email some of those people and find out what they think of Dr. Finley.

I used Dr. Scott Davis at the same facility. I have been very happy with him.

this is what my search turned out:

Colleen Dickens

Jonesboro, GA</SPAN> I liked Dr Finley from the first. He took the time to talk with me himself and explained the process that I would go through from that day and for the next few years. He said that we would have a ongoing partnership, because this process did not end once the surgery was complete. He explained to me the risks of each type of gastric surgery and gave me the recommendation on what he felt would work best for me. I look forward to working with him and his staff throughout the process. Posted on 02/05/2008

and, this is the other person who had dr. finley listed, you can search for them on obesityhelp.com and then ask them about dr. finley

(user ID)

Angensam

Atlanta, GA

Charles Finley

(01/30/08)

candy I am feeling good!

Just bit sore...like if I have been doing 1,000 situps daily for the past week!

LOL

UGAgirl ....your date is not that far fetched from mine. How are you doing?

I am countdown to Mushie stage....tomorrow is last day on full liquids!

I can ...NOT ..WAIT....I am shouting....it to everyone in my home...they all go...yes..yes...baby food stage Tuesday....LOL

yes, I remember my first day on the mushie stage. I remember having a scrambled egg, and HOW GOOD IT WAS.

I think I ate eggs like three days in a row after that! If you're out on the go, pintos and cheese at taco bell are pretty good.

4Jin-I am doing pretty good! I return to work tomorrow...woo. :) I was getting bored though laying around so I suppose this is a good thing.

You get to start mushies this Tuesday? Wow...I'm STILL on Clear Liquids. I am so sick and effing tired of Protein Shakes, Jello, broth and popsicles. I had to choke down a slim-fast this morning. My body was like-NO! No more of this sweet crap you keep giving me. I am sooooooo ready for mushies. :thumbup: I'm supposed to wait until Thursday to start them...not sure I can hold out though since I'm returning to work. We'll see.

Candy-you are a genius! There is a Taco Bell right down the street from work. Pinto's and cheese sounds so good right now. It's nice to know that will be an option! I love pinto Beans. My grandmother cooked me a pot and sent them back with me. They are in the fridge just waiting on me. :eek:

candy thanks for the tip!

I am scheduled to return to work next week. But I think I'm going to beg him for another week off on Wednesday when I go in to see the surgeon.

ugagirl how long have you been on clear liquids?

Hey everyone, how's it going?

Candy-I went to Taco Bell tonight and got the pintos and cheese. Yum! The lady at the drive-thru asked me 3x if that was all I wanted. Um...yes! I love only spending $0.95 on dinner. :biggrin2:

it is nice to spend just so little and enjoy it so much! Another thing I would do when I was on liquids would be go to the chinese place and get won ton Soup with no wontons. The girl only charged me half price and it got me through a tough time. A friend of mine dubbed it "Nonton Soup".

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I was banded on Thursday with no problems. I'm doing pretty well, even. :cheers2: