Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Hello everyone. I am from Woodstock and have yet to be banded. I am going to be self pay becuase I have horrible insurance. Still researching doctors but locally True Results seems to be the cheapest for self pay.

What's happening peeps?

4jin?? How was your first fill?

I'm getting used to mine. I got something stuck for the first time on Friday! Thankfully it eventually went down. I had to sit in my car for 10 minutes at Target waiting for it to go down...not a pleasant feeling!

Just wanted to say hi. Still plugging away. Right now I find myself wanting to snack and knowing that it's not allowed...struggling a bit with head hunger and reminding myself only to eat when hungry. It's a challenge. I lost 2 pounds after my first fill (3/18) but I'm back at a standstill again. Finally got an exercise routine going so I hope that helps. I have had the NSV of fitting into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in six months at least, so that's something.

I am still looking for a local fill doc. I have a few choices but haven't finalized yet (or found out if they will accept me -- need to send my surgery report). I'm ready to have that second fill lined up.

Hope all of my fellow Georgian bandsters are well!

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Hey UGA Girl, I've learned with the more fills and more restriction, I get more stuck episodes. I've learned to cut up my meats into small bite sized pieces and that really helps me a lot. I guess I'm biting off bigger bites without realizing it. It makes a difference!

I've been reading and reading and reading came across "anyone from Georgia" yea! In the early stages of getting the LB done. I am a self pay and in no rush so I figured before anyone cuts on me if any has heard of a Dr. Christopher Hart with True Results.

ya'll be good now!

I've been reading and reading and reading came across "anyone from Georgia" yea! In the early stages of getting the LB done. I am a self pay and in no rush so I figured before anyone cuts on me if any has heard of a Dr. Christopher Hart with True Results.

ya'll be good now!

Hi and welcome! If you search for "Hart" up in the searchbox on the right there seem to be a lot of results...can't say what they are because I haven't gone through 'em. He does have a profile on ObesityHelp and the patient reviews look good. Dr. Hart may just become my fill doctor if he'll accept me, as he seems to be the most reasonably priced of the ones I have seen so far (I was self pay also and went out of state). Good luck and keep us updated!

Hey y'all! I'm here from Dacula (work near Lenox) so I'm going to Dr. Menachery at Dekalb. I'm going tmw for psych consult with Dr. Ritz - guess it's my last real visit besides with my PCP to get records and letter before the "final" one with Dr. Menachery.

Just a bit nervous about the psych consult and getting this going - while being excited at the same time. Seeing the great results and the positive stories, so keep them coming because they keep my hope and spirits up!

Best to you all! :blush:

Hey everyone!

I live in Stockbridge and I'm scheduled for May 13th with Dr. Hart in Atlanta. I've heard really good things about Dr. Hart but I can't find much info on True Results Weight Loss who the surgery is through. Anyone have any experience with them?

Hey ladies,

I have been away from the site for a month. I was depressed that I was told that I had to wait until June to have my surgery. I am going to China in the begining of June. :huh2:

The only way I could deal with it was to stay away from the site. This site brings me so much hope for what the future can hold.:lol:

So I just had a follow up appointment with Dr. Williams at Emory, and I have another appointment with Dr. Davis tomorrow. I it is really hard to stick to a diet & exercise plan, when I know surgery is so far off.

To all the ladies that was looking for me. I am sorry.:tt2:

ATLSPEEDY, you can do it. Just concentrate on planning for your trip. Keep your mind busy. I took up crocheting to help pass my time. I found out in September that I would be having surgery in December. Now, that was on my request as I had trips planned out of the country for Nov and Feb. So the doctor scheduled it for just after my first trip. I continued to lose weight along the way. You can too. Just keep that head on your shoulders.

candy,

I am going to China for 2 weeks and the doctor does not want me to travel (so far away) after surgery. If I catch a stomach bug,:eek: it could harm me & my band so soon after surgery. I can't carry heavy objects for 6 weeks...etc. So I have to wait. :thumbup:

I met with Dr. Davis today & his surgical resident Joe (I think) and I will start pre-op testing as soon as I get insurance approval. Which I will submit Monday.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement Sghatl!

I'm in Jaspe GA -- not banded yet. In fact I just started a required 6 month monitored plan for Aetna. I'm using Dr Champion in Marietta -- my family doctor referred me to him because she's had several patients use him and they have been happy. I haven't met the doctor yet, so we'll see how I feel after talking with him.

I just found this forum last night and have been doing a lot of reading - I'm glad to know it's here for support!

Please let me know how you are doing!