Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Revisions: Get in touch!

Way to go earthless! I will be one month out next monday and I am 8lbs away from my first goal!

On a side note, I was really worried about " The three week stall" and I had all these feelings of fear that stemmed from lap band failure... I was so afraid that the three week stall would turn into a three year fail. I made a commitment to myself that those were lies in my head and gave up my scale. I'm a recovering scale addict... the obsession of weighing every.single.day. And so on Sunday, I got my scale back just for a brief moment to weigh myself then it was returned to its hiding place. And as it turns out..... The three week stall wasn't a stall at all! I had lost three more pounds! Needless to say my faith has been renewed- stick to the plan, stay true to yourself and keep going- the rest will take care of itself. :P

Had revision on 1/10/14. Having a difficult time getting in all the fluids...any suggestions out there?

Had revision on 1/10/14. Having a difficult time getting in all the fluids...any suggestions out there?

just that each day gets better while the swelling goes down. Just keep sipping. Maybe try something hot first, it's easier for me to get in hot Soup. Good luck! I'm new too.

I saw my surgeon today for my 3-4 week follow-up. I got on the scale backwards and told the nurse not to tell me what I weighed (Recovering scale addict, remember?!) which she honored, but she did tell me that I've already lost 22% of my excess body weight! Yay me! I go back in 6 months and have no doubts I will be at my goal weight the next time I see him!

I'm having trouble getting in all the Water too, but my doctor didn't seem to be too concerned.... its going to be a slow process, just going to have to work up to getting in everything you need,,,

Hey everyone,

I'm 3 weeks post op, lost 22 lbs. so far....feeling great!!

Seeing doc this week.

I found a great resource that I think a lot of us newbies would find helpful. I started reading a book called " The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients" but Colleen Cook.

I started reading this book because the last thing I wanted was to be another failure... I began to research and read everything I could get my hands on to make sure I would have all the tools I needed to get to my goal weight and stay there long term.Although many of us here are no stranger to WLS, I found it to be a great refresher to help me get back to the basics and use the concepts in the book for long term success. It discusses everything from 'The cottage cheese test" to a whole appendix of tips, tricks, resources and programs tailored just for us! Its a great, easy read, and I hope you all find it as helpful as I have. I want to re-read this book after one year!

I am at week 5 on Wednesday! Doing good, but have no idea how much I've lost. I found out I'm only supposed to weigh in at the doctor and it's been a tough week staying away from the scale. Clothes not fitting anymore though, LOVE THAT! I've lost 4 inches around my waist, where most of my weight is.

I see the doctor this week for my one month follow up. I'm fine other than I have to sit up for 1 hr minimum after I eat or if I drink iced tea, or I wake up coughing up acid reflux (totally gross). I've got that under control now though.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone get to go shopping yet?

Oh my goodness, the heartburn I have had has been TERRIBLE. I think i created a new food group especially for tums and all the two other medicines I take in attempt to keep the reflux under wraps.

It sounds like you're doing awesome! I have become a thirft store queen lately!

I am a band to sleeve as of December 2013 as well.

@nursebeccarn have you tried taking digestive enzymes? They are super cheap and have helped me a LOT. Also a probiotic, I have heard helps supplement the antacids, as it keeps your stomach/intestines working. Just a suggestion! My mom loves thrift stores but I have OCD so I can't go into them, unfortunately, though I've been on Poshmark lately checking out the deals and love it. Seems like most everyone is like a small though, so I haven't bought anything yet.

Welcome Gigi1219! How are you doing?

Hello everyone , I'm new on here. I've been reading the updates on others revision surgery. I have had my lap band since 2007 an had over 60 fills. I have never lost over 25 pounds. Starting weight with it 256 and now weight 295. It seems like the band made me gain more weight and more stomach pain plus depression. I finally got insurance now that will help me pay for a revision. I'm looking to going to a sleeve hopefully in march 2014. I'm wondering if the sleeve would be best?or woud gastric bypass surgery?

Hello everyone , I'm new on here. I've been reading the updates on others revision surgery. I have had my lap band since 2007 an had over 60 fills. I have never lost over 25 pounds. Starting weight with it 256 and now weight 295. It seems like the band made me gain more weight and more stomach pain plus depression. I finally got insurance now that will help me pay for a revision. I'm looking to going to a sleeve hopefully in march 2014. I'm wondering if the sleeve would be best?or woud gastric bypass surgery?

Kay9400:

I don't know why, but bypass scared me. You'd think that it wouldn't be as scary as the sleeve, but I just freaked at the idea of having my intestines moved around, even though the sleeve is irreversible and the bypass is not. I am so happy with the sleeve... and the way that I've become so averse to sugar and sweet... I can't imagine being sick (or getting "dumping syndrome") from sugar AND fat like the bypass patients do.

I did a lot of research, but reading blogs and watching youtube videos with testimonies of people a year or longer out, that really helped me in my decision. Good luck.

Kay:

There are more things that can go wrong with the bypass, because they're disconnecting/reconnecting different parts.

Malabsorption of nutrients is a significant part of bypass, so you've got to commit to taking a lot more supplements for the rest of your life.

Those are the two main reasons I went with the sleeve.

Good luck with your choices and your health!

Just like you, I was banded, then had the sleeve revision. My surgery was on Dec.19.

Edited by imsexywhenimme