Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Revisions: Get in touch!

I am two weeks out tomorrow and am down exactly 20lbs! I NEVER had this much success with the band. I am very happy with my decision and just wonder if the weight loss will remain this steady... Hoping to avoid the dreaded "three week stall" :)

Just like you, I was banded, then had the sleeve revision. My surgery was on Dec.19.

I am two weeks out tomorrow and am down exactly 20lbs! I NEVER had this much success with the band. I am very happy with my decision and just wonder if the weight loss will remain this steady... Hoping to avoid the dreaded "three week stall" :)

It's amazing absolutely amazing! I'm five days out and down 6 lbs! I know it won't keep this pace and the body has to catch up but for right now, at this moment, I'm celebrating with you! High five in the air don't leave me hanging hahaha

Five days post op & down 6 lbs. I do feel weak & have been dreaming about food. Ugh can't wait to advance to mushy

Five days post op & down 6 lbs. I do feel weak & have been dreaming about food. Ugh can't wait to advance to mushy

are you still on Clear Liquids? I only had to do clears from 0-48 hrs is what they said. I'm doing the full liquids which are going along ok. My energy is up but I'm taking a chewable Multivitamin. Did u get some of those?

Its been three days and I keep bouncing between 209-211. grrrrrr I know I shouldn't be weighting myself everyday so today I vow to put the scale AWAY. I'm just going to work the plan, start exercising since i'm now on week three,and hope for the best.

Congrats to all our new December/January sleevers! What an awesome way to start 2014!

Hi, I just recently joined and was hoping to find some other people who also had Band to Sleeve revision around the same time I did. I had my lap band in 2010 and had all the usual complications. On December 20th 2013 I had the band removed and the sleeve done all in the same procedure. I was hoping to find some others to keep in touch and provide each other support throughout the stages! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

How funny, I had my band in June 2010, removed in June 2013, and was converted to sleeve on the 18th of Dec. :)

Hi, I just recently joined and was hoping to find some other people who also had Band to Sleeve revision around the same time I did. I had my lap band in 2010 and had all the usual complications. On December 20th 2013 I had the band removed and the sleeve done all in the same procedure. I was hoping to find some others to keep in touch and provide each other support throughout the stages! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

How funny, I had my band in June 2010, removed in June 2013, and was converted to sleeve on the 18th of Dec. :)

Sleeve Sisters!

Hi Imsexywhenimme! NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!! You and I are just at the begininng of a NEW JOURNEY!! I am on my 3rd week post op. I lost 19 lbs in the 1st 2 weeks and none so far in 5 days! They call this a "stall" It freaked me out because I wasnt informed before hand that "stalling" is normal during sleeve weight loss. I weighed this morning and did lose 1 more pound!!!! I also pooped on my own last night YAY!!! I also learned that not pooping is also an issue for lots of sleevers post op! This is what I have learned so far in my own personal 3 weeks of experience LOL ! 1. For my Clear liquid diet I was allowed my Protein Shakes. Which helped with hunger. Drink your fluids 64 oz per day and Protein atleast 60grams per day per my doctor . I drink a combination of these shakes below during the day to make the 60 grams and they keep me full! a. Favorite Protein Drinks so far 1) Muscle Milk 32grms of protein per 2 scoops mixed in 8 oz of Water. Flavors: Graham Cracker, banana Creme lots more flavors avail online. 2) MP Combat Protein Powder Cookies and cream 25gm per one scoop 3) Syntrax Nectar "Fuzzy Navel" 23 grams of protein per scoop. This one is almost just like ORANGE JUICE!!! so its something different from the milky type flavors. They also have one thats like ice tea but havent tried it yet. 2. Stalls: Stalls are a period of non- weightloss. I used to call these "plateaus" when I was dieting. Didnt even imagine it could happen with the sleeve! but it is a period of time when I guess your body is reorganizing and restabilizing so we don't just waste away and get into some metabolic crisis. I've read that these stalls can last for a few weeks! (eek!) But when my next stall happens I am going to HIDE MY scale and weigh only once a week. 3. Pooping. Sometimes it can take awhile to poop after sleeve surgery. Lots of times we have been on liquid diets pre op and ofcourse post op and some of us had to take a powerful laxative prior to surgery and there is just nothing to poop. I did not poop x 14 days!!!!! I didn't even feel like I needed to! I had rumbles and gas so I knew my bowels werent locked. I took Milk O' Mag like my doc said and still nothing! Finally on day 14 my Doc gave me a sample of Amitiza and it worked. It took 2 doses and it was not pleasant! I dry heaved with the waste basket in my lap and pooped pure muddy liquid over a couple of hours. (Ugh) Dry heaves scared me but no harm done, now 5 days later I had my own NORMAL poop. So call your doctor if you become uncomfortable. 4. Head hunger. Being sleeved over the holidays had its pros and cons. I didn't gorge myself to death on all the goodies so I didn't gain my holiday 20. But I would SEE the food and WANT the food and THINK I was hungry for it but when I checked my Stomach it wasn't hungry AT ALL. It was my HEAD that wanted it!!!! Im learning the difference now and it's hard! 5. HONESTY: A. I have put food in my mouth (the perfect prime rib I cooked for everyone at Christmas) Chewed it and spit it out. I did the same with the home made mac and cheese I made for everyone. Dangerous thing because if I had swallowed it a chunk could have got stuck in my stomach incision and caused a life threatening abcess. B. I got so upset about not losing weight this week (stall) that I went to Sonic yesterday and got a chocolate carmel sundae (no chunks right) and ate 4-6 big bites of it fast (EMOTIONAL EATING). It made me SICK. I was sweaty, weak, cramping stomach and had to lay down for almost an hour. I HOPE I NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. These are just my experiences. I wish I had known some of this beforehand. Thursday will be week 4 and I can start some pureed foods and soft foods. I found a website last night called thewordaccordingtoeggface.com. It's a lady who had bariatric surgery and she has some AWESOME EASY recipes and also valuable tips for us and LIVING after bariatric surgery. Check it out!! I'm going today to GNC to find the Isopure water. I think it has 40gms of protein per 16oz. I hope some of this helps you!! Let me know what you discover during your journey as we are traveling a parallel path!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for your info!

XXShelXX,

I'm only allowed clears at this time. Just started Protein Shakes today (Saturday). I believe I have to do 2 weeks of shakes then on to mushy. I see my surgeon on Monday & hopefully will get the ok to start my Vitamins. My doc is very strict. Good luck to everyone ????

<p>WombatVSG, the hunger really does go away as long as you keep sipping on your Water and Protein drinks... I am 3.5 week post and as long as i don't stop drinking for more than 30 minutes i never feel hungry.. now when i feel hungry it because i am hungry and the 2-4 tbs fills me up if it is pureed like canned chicken w. fat free mayo. and i stay full for hours... but i do keep sipping even when full from the food... good luck it is amazing for sure..</p> <p> </p> <p>Erica216, I hope you start feeling better soon... I was lucky and didn't have any pain like you mentioned..</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Both feel free to ad me as a friend. and keep us posted on your journeys.. :D</p>

Before I decide if I am really hungry or not, I will drink some Water. Once it has "settled" and if I still feel hungry then I will eat. So many times I was just thirsty. This really helps prevent a lot of snacking. :)

well I got over the 3 week stall!!! I am now on week 4 pureed foods but not even hungry for them. Getting my 64 gms of Protein, and drinking my fluids. Lost 2 lbs so far this week!!! YAY!!!!

I was banded May 19, 2010. Revision in one procedure December 9, 2013.

Surgery Weight: 306

Current Weight: 273.4

Today is my ONE MONTH SURGEVERSARY!!!! I have lost 28 lbs!!! I am half way to my 1st goal!!

Today: I am still drinking 2 Protein shakes per day for 64 grams and drinking my 60 oz of fluids. I tried lemon garlic shrimp and sauteed spinach from the SKINNY MENU at Cheesecake Factory. It was DELICIOUS!. However, I couldn't eat all of it ofcourse, and I got my 1st lesson on HOW TO KNOW WHEN TO STOP. I had 1 small bite of the spinach (chew chew chew) and then the shrimp. Small tasty little bites.... the shrimp were about 1.5 inches, not counting tails, I cut each in half and chewed well. They were AWESOME! BUT after I ate about 6 bites, I felt them rising up in my esophagus (throat) BUT I just HAD TO HAVE ONE MORE BITE (chew chew chew) but I knew if I swallowed it it would be TOO MUCH. SOOOOo needless to say I had to discreetly spit it out in a napkin NOT VERY ATTRACTIVE! Then for the next 30 minutes I still could feel the shrimp trying to return UPSTREAM!! I didn't throw them up THANK GOODNESS, but it will be awhile before I eat shrimp again. One thing you don't want "returning" is SEAFOOD! Lesson learned and noted!