Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 days post op... Been plateaued 5 days.

I know we all go through ups and downs. I know I'm going through a healing process and I know I can't expect overnight success. I have always been very weight loss resistant and it is a little disheartening to think maybe that's how it will always be. Through my pre op diet and now I've only lost 7lbs. Yes better than gaining, yes better than nothing, but still a little frustrating. Sometimes I feel like we aren't supposed to whine on here lol. So my apologies in advance. To me sometimes a forum is to talk about when you are feeling discouraged. Today I feel discouraged and I feel like I should be able to discuss here.

Edited by MyHighway

No reason to feel frustrated till your band is adjusted property. It's not really a plateau till it's at least a month. What you're feeling is normal for many who come here but it's just fear from past experience. Let it go. If you're an emotional eater don't dwell on what you can't control. You're still in the "out of your control" phase of the journey.

7 lbs is a lot of weight although it's mostly Water weight at this point. And, I only lost 12 lbs the first 4 months. I too was frustrated and pissed off. But it got better just like everyone said it would. Chin up!

Pat yourself on the back ... this is the dreaded time of year when everyone says heck with it, my diet starts in January. I too am having a slow loss month and had my 2nd fill visit today. Both of the nurses and the doctor praised me for not gaining during this time of year.

Yes, the happy holiday time of year where 6 long weeks of temptations are looking us in the face.

Don't let frustration get to you because if you are like me, that means putting things that I shouldn't in my mouth. Trust in yourself to persevere! We didn't get to where we are overnight so don't expect it to come off the same way. Hang in there!!!

You've already done the hardest part...choosing to change your life! It gets better. I was banded in September. I remember that old fear of being a failure lurking in the back of my brain. I stomped on it. I stomped on it until it couldn't bother me anymore. It's your journey. Whine a little if you want. Just don't let it get the best of you. I'm willing to bet in the coming days, weeks, months, you'll look back on this time and laugh a little. It's going to be great :) We'll all be here to support you (and listen as you whine if you need it).

I know you want to see it on the scales and you will. You still have swelling and that will take time to subside and you should start seeing the scales change then when you start getting your fills it'll be even better.

I, personally, can't handle plateaus. For years, that would be the trigger for me to throw in the towel. My solution now...... I don't weigh but once every five to six weeks ( only at my doctor's office when I go in for follow ups.) It was hard at first to give up the daily weigh-ins (I was becoming a scale junkie), but I'm much happier now knowing I will see progress over time and not having the frustrations surrounding plateaus.

Thank you all for being so supportive! I am still eating very little and not losing, which is tough; but you're encouraging words have been helping me make it through the day. Thank you!

As hard as it maybe yo do, could be that you are in starvation mode from too few calories and you might need to increase your calories. Especially if you're gaining. Also, try decreasing your carbs and increasing your Proteins ans see if this helps

to gain actual/true weight is to eat more calories than one burns off...

3500 calories is a pound ate or drank.......and if you dont know or believe, but

if one loses inches, they are losing weight regardless of what the scale says or dont say..

scale goes up and down all day long........you are way toooo focused on that

what you should focus on is healing, learning how to eat better foods (when that phase arrives)

and last but not least, understand, you wont lose it all over night...if you cant be positive now, while losing sorta fast on liquids what will you do when it does really slow down?? give up? bit* , p*iss, moan??? NO, you keep doing the right thing and let the band, or any wls work and we help by doing our part

...its a day in and day out process..

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠