Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

Update: HW: 301 SW: 286 CW: 195 GW: 170

106 lbs gone!!

I am 5 10.5 SW250 goal weight 160, expecting that around 180 I'll hear comments that I'm thin enough, as people always comment now that I am not big enough to consider sheet. when you are tall it's hard for someone to guess your weight.

Hw 299 cw 159 i lost 140 pounds total and im 5'8

post-126375-14166942589819_thumb.jpg

Hw 299 cw 159 i lost 140 pounds total and im 5'8

Wow your husband lost a lot, too! Y'all look great!

Wow your husband lost a lot, too! Y'all look great!

thank u hubby just have a big jacket but he did lose about 20 pounds

5'11" here - I'm very pre-op, but it's great to have a thread like this so I can at least compare myself to people around my height. I try and get an idea of where I could be in two years, from other people's starting weights, but it's no help to me when they're only 5'2" :lol:

I am 5'10" and my highest weight was 315. I am 20 months out and maintaining in the upper 170s now and I think that is where I'll try to stay. Ideally I'd like to get to 173 to have a normal BMI but my body FAT is now 24% and for women my age it is supposed to be 19-28%. So I really do not need to lose anymore. I am 49 and when I turn 50 I think the body fat % recommended is 22-31% or something like that. As you get older you can have a higher percent. So I recommend getting body fat percentage done at your gym before going to too low a weight. You don't want to lose lean tissue. At defeats the purpose of getting healthly. At my last gym checkup I felt bummed at first because I only lost 2 pounds in 4 months. But I actually gained 2 in muscle so that means I lost 4 fat! So don't be ruled by the scale or a BMI chart. Go by clothes size and muscle! Attached are some side by side before and afters. I am now a size 12 jeans (I have some 10s and even 8 in work suit pants) I wear a L or even a M on top.

My doctor never specifies a goal. It's upto the patient. The BMI is an average over a large population. Not really meant for individuals but for statistical purposes. Use body fat percent instead.

post-168706-14185208600351_thumb.jpg post-168706-14185208788081_thumb.jpg

5'8 started at 299 now 158 my lowest weight 2yrs out next month

post-126375-14191018131892_thumb.jpg

I'm 6' and my HW was 330. It has been 8 months since my surgery and I am at 195 and a size 10/12. My doctor and I have set a goal of 180. My quality of life is so much better now and I am perfectly happy with my weight loss so far. I am going to continue the new healthy habits I have formed and take it from there! Good luck to all and happy holidays!

I'm 5 8ish and my dr said my goal weight is 145. I carry my weight very good so I'm looking to be in the 160s

My very own 15 year old jersey girl is 5-8 and wraithlike at 140. I think 160s would be great for 5-8. I am around 180 at 5-10 and most people think I'm 150-160. It's good to be tall!

I'm 5'9 1/2. My highest weight was 286 and my current weight is 212. I was sleeved just recently on 12/16/14. I used to wear a size 20/22...now I am an XL/16. Hope to get to my goal weight of 170 or size 10 :)

Update- I am 5'8" and weigh 163. Hubby says I'm skin and bones (and boobs haha) I think I could maybe lose 5 more tops. My hip and collar bones jut out now. I'd be super happy to stay this weight however.. I wear a size 8 talls and medium/ large tops (boobs are reason for large lol)