Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Aren't You Losing Weight?

Why Aren't You Losing Weight?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Why Aren't You Losing Weight?

• I no longer care if I lose weight
    • I don't follow Bandster rules regarding food
    • I don't exercise enough
    • I drink fluids with my meals
    • I can't seem to give up sweets
    • I haven't beaten my head hunger issues
    • No support system in place at my home
    • The band doesn't work
    • I'd rather eat what I want than to lose weight
    • Medical problem (slipped, eroded, etc.)
    • Plateau that I can't break OR I use plateau as an excuse
    • I'll lose weight later
    • Alcohol issues
    • I AM losing weight
    • Other (please explain)

I voted other - I've been banded almost 3 months, have 6cc in a 10cc band but I still don't feel much restriction.

I voted ages ago, but didn't reply (I thought I had... Old age, I guess!)

I voted other because I am at goal weight, and have been maintaining for 16 months now.

I am assuming I hit plateaus because I don't push myself with exercise.. And I'm almost emberassed to admit, I have a fear it won't make a difference, and I'll feel so 'defeated' I'll try to sabotage the diet. I know, I'm silly.. but I hear so many people work soooo hard all the time at working out and they aren't losing!!

I need to start upping my game, more than just walking..

Just an edit to ad..I am losing at an average of 2lbs a week, I just wish it was quicker sometimes ;)

I am still losing. It is hard to not get discouraged when you dont see the number on the scale going down EACH and EVERY week.....but I dont think it does that for very many people. I think it is more common that at some point you go a week or two (or more) where your body just plays catch up to the new weight and calorie intake, then resumes the loss. I have had many stalls and outright plateaus this past year+, but eventually the weight loss continues on the downward trend.

I agree with you!!!

I am losing slow, I think if I would exercise I would lose faster but I work shift work, 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights so I can't stay in a routine. By the time I get going, its time to switch.

I am so frustrated bc the weight loss is so slow. This week I lost ZERO pounds. I carefully logged all my food, with an average of 1200 calories per day. I am also exercising every single day, 4 days of step aerobics (45 minutes) followed by 20 minutes on the rowing machine. I also walk 3 days a week and I have start weight training. It is really frustrating to see the scale stay the same. However, my clothes are definitely looser and I fit into jeans I haven't worn in forever.

According to my bodybugg, I should have lost at least 4 lbs, but I didn't so I must be lying and my caloric intake must have been over 3000 calories per day! No way is that right. UGH!

I know that I should only be eating like 1000 calories per day, but that is soo hard. I find 1200 to be much more reasonable and I am still hungry with 1200.

I am so frustrated bc the weight loss is so slow. This week I lost ZERO pounds. I carefully logged all my food, with an average of 1200 calories per day. I am also exercising every single day, 4 days of step aerobics (45 minutes) followed by 20 minutes on the rowing machine. I also walk 3 days a week and I have start weight training. It is really frustrating to see the scale stay the same. However, my clothes are definitely looser and I fit into jeans I haven't worn in forever.

According to my bodybugg, I should have lost at least 4 lbs, but I didn't so I must be lying and my caloric intake must have been over 3000 calories per day! No way is that right. UGH!

I know that I should only be eating like 1000 calories per day, but that is soo hard. I find 1200 to be much more reasonable and I am still hungry with 1200.

You really can't expect to lose every week. For me I'd lose pounds one week and inches the next.

Just relax, keep doing things the right way and all will be good! :(

I am losing, but slowly. I'm actually OK with that. I feel great and am thrilled to see the scale go DOWN vs. up, albeit slowly. But I'd say I'm losing slowly bc I'm not properly filled yet (and have not been aggressive about this). I am now at 7.5 CCs with the Vanguard band and we'll see if that does the trick. Otherwise I have a fair number of hunger issues but I think I need to beef up (literally) on Protein. Also, I eat too many carbs. Until recently I also drank a lot of Protein shakes which I've been told to dump in favor of food.

I also looooove my wine so I need to reign that in. I have a few glasses on weekend nights and I am going to start cutting back to one night, and then cut down from there.

I am pretty good about exercising 3-4 times a week but need to kick that up a notch as well.

TulipStar

Check your scales.

I was not losing on my scales, so bought a new set and now I am showing weight losses. I went back to my old scales last week and they still show the same as when I weighed on them last time and I have lost quite a few pounds since then

For me the motivation is two fold. I think I'll be losing my band soon so I want to lose as much as I can while I have it. Also, the other one is that the more I lose the more I want to exercise.

I am still losing, but I was curious why you would be losing your band?

I have never lost every week. Nothing would make me happier but I have accepted that I don't lose the way other people do. I have a slow metabolism, and once I drop, it takes awhile to drop again.

I am still losing but it has slowed down. I started exercising last week and really tracking my food. I even bought a Body Bugg and sessions with a personal trainer. I am thrilled with my weight loss but it is time to kick it up a notch. I am still going to enjoy life and not obsess over it. I won't be tracking my food on the weekends but will eat smaller portions and make wiser choices. I am not home much on the weekends so tracking everything would be difficult.

I am still losing around 2-3lbs a week 10lbs a month I eat whatever I want but make good choices on the quantity ,I avg. 1000-1200 calories a day a bad day is 1500 cal. but I workout extra hard, I power walk 4.0 miles hr on the treadmill for 45-60 min 6 days a week. so far so good for me. I hope to be at goal in 6 month that will put me at goal 9 month post opt :wink:

I lost 36 pounds and stopped. Went for my first fill and all was horrible felt no differnce and the doctor was a jerk. I also found out 3 days ago that my port is flipped completely turned around back facing forward. So I go in the morning to have that fixed and they are going to give me a fill. I was banded January 9, 2008 and I have been so discouraged and my doctor was so mean to me the last time that he made me cry. So I switched doctors and now she is going to take care of me. I have faith in her and she said tomorrows port fix will be simple. I pray it is cause the pain I went through already was enough to last for the rest of this year. Good Luck to all on the band wagon and hope all is doing well. Glad to meet you all.

weight.png