Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I got up and there was a dark cloud looming over my head...i felt like I was so heavy and sick. Even looking at this forum did not cheer me up. I shuffled through the morning answering posts and reading posts and felt unsatisfied with everything I wrote...

I was supposed to go to the grocery store and walk around and maybe buy some vegetables. But I felt to over whelmed to even do that by myself....

Before I had WLS my surgeon said that most people who have this surgery also beat depression and become happy. I looked at him in awe as he said those words hoping that I might be one of them...

When I spent those 5 months in the hospital they took me off my depression meds and for 2 months I felt okay considering the state I was in. Then, all of a sudden I found myself going deep into a dark hole. I became irritated and no one could help me...I kept the blinds closed in my room and would not comment when the nurses urged me to let the Vitamin D in.

The Doctors would come and talk to me and I could not answer..It was as if I could not hear them or understand what they were saying..I felt drained and dark and as if I was falling into the black hole..

My husband came to my rescue and told them that if they did not start up the meds again worse then my saddened state was going to happen and they would not be able to help me anymore..So they started me on liquid Prozac..That stuff tasted like pure sugar with a nasty taste..but listening to my hubby I did what he said and within a couple weeks I started to come out of the darkness....

Since then I have had days where I feel down and sad and I should be happy and excited about my new life and the strides I have made...

Today my hubby took me to the grocery store because I could not handle going alone. I told him that I wish i had been one of the ones that got better and did not have any more depression...It is not to be I guess....

All the improvements and life changes and working on myself to make me a better, healthier person; I will always suffer from that dreaded condition...Chronic depression...I really feel it today....It is a very long day today... :blush:

I'm so sorry. My dad suffered from chronic depression and I know how badly he felt at times. Wishing something to lift you out of it!!

All I can offer is a big {{hug}}. I sometimes get down but have not had full blown depression so I don't know you are feeling. I have been through depression with my son so I do know how it affects the sufferers life. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man who knows when to step in, let him.

You have been through so much and it appears that you have had to spend so much time getting physically well that maybe your mental health has been neglected and it is now time to catch up.

Best wishes

RJ, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I take Cymbalta and have for years. I hope you can find your way out so you can enjoy your new life. Are you still taking meds for it? Can they adjust your meds to help more?

RJ, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I take Cymbalta and have for years. I hope you can find your way out so you can enjoy your new life. Are you still taking meds for it? Can they adjust your meds to help more?

No they can't adjust them because I am one of the few that the meds only take the edge off.....I have been to many meetings about depression and it is always the same thing..Some people it really helps. Some people meds don't help at all and then there is me that no matter what I take it just takes the edge off....

I haven't sleeved yet but I switched to Vyybrid 2 years ago and it was phenomenal! It is expensive but worth every penny since it finally relieved my depression!

I haven't sleeved yet but I switched to Vyybrid 2 years ago and it was phenomenal! It is expensive but worth every penny since it finally relieved my depression!

I have been on a few meds for depression...Right now I am on a soup..which means a few kinds all at once..I have had the help and the classes and everything in between...It is just there to irritate and hold me back from living sometimes...the episodes usually last only up to a week..And then I get a little reprieve...Here's hoping!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

((hugs))

Thank you sweetie, but today I need more then a hug...Don't know what it is but it would have to be something big...Good thing is, I can't eat..the plus side of depression....It's a good thing...Martha...no/yes..oh well!

RJ, I'm such a noob here. And don't know you. And don't know your story / history.

But ... didn't you just see your mom?

RJ, I'm such a noob here. And don't know you. And don't know your story / history.

No..I talked to her on the phone last week...That is when she told me that she does not want to hear from me ever again..Then she hung up the phone on me..Not a slam but a quiet click....

That has happened a lot in my life time and it usually takes 6 months to a year for her to write me and tell me that she excepts my apology and if I want to call her I can or send a parcel.....I usually wait a while and then call her..

This game is getting so old now and so is she...She's 80 and still at it......too much!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

There's nothing in the world like this, and it's really hard to understand unless you've been there. Sending positive thoughts your way, my dear.

No..I talked to her on the phone last week...That is when she told me that she does not want to hear from me ever again..Then she hung up the phone on me..Not a slam but a quiet click....

That has happened a lot in my life time and it usually takes 6 months to a year for her to write me and tell me that she excepts my apology and if I want to call her I can or send a parcel.....I usually wait a while and then call her..

This game is getting so old now and so is she...She's 80 and still at it......too much!

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I wish I had the answer for you, but I don't. I wish I had words of wisdom to help you, but I don't.

All I can give you is my support - I want things to be better for you; you deserve better than this.

You are a fighter. My hope is that today is a better day than yesterday and that tomorrow will be even better.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I wish I had the answer for you, but I don't. I wish I had words of wisdom to help you, but I don't.

All I can give you is my support - I want things to be better for you; you deserve better than this.

You are a fighter. My hope is that today is a better day than yesterday and that tomorrow will be even better.

Thank you..I really don't think that the way I feel has much to do with my mother...It just comes and goes..why I don't know..Along with it I get really tired...That's just the way it is..This to shall pass until I have another bout of it.......

Today I got up and there was a dark cloud looming over my head...i felt like I was so heavy and sick. Even looking at this forum did not cheer me up. I shuffled through the morning answering posts and reading posts and felt unsatisfied with everything I wrote...

I was supposed to go to the grocery store and walk around and maybe buy some vegetables. But I felt to over whelmed to even do that by myself....

Before I had WLS my surgeon said that most people who have this surgery also beat depression and become happy. I looked at him in awe as he said those words hoping that I might be one of them...

When I spent those 5 months in the hospital they took me off my depression meds and for 2 months I felt okay considering the state I was in. Then, all of a sudden I found myself going deep into a dark hole. I became irritated and no one could help me...I kept the blinds closed in my room and would not comment when the nurses urged me to let the Vitamin D in.

The Doctors would come and talk to me and I could not answer..It was as if I could not hear them or understand what they were saying..I felt drained and dark and as if I was falling into the black hole..

My husband came to my rescue and told them that if they did not start up the meds again worse then my saddened state was going to happen and they would not be able to help me anymore..So they started me on liquid Prozac..That stuff tasted like pure sugar with a nasty taste..but listening to my hubby I did what he said and within a couple weeks I started to come out of the darkness....

Since then I have had days where I feel down and sad and I should be happy and excited about my new life and the strides I have made...

Today my hubby took me to the grocery store because I could not handle going alone. I told him that I wish i had been one of the ones that got better and did not have any more depression...It is not to be I guess....

All the improvements and life changes and working on myself to make me a better, healthier person; I will always suffer from that dreaded condition...Chronic depression...I really feel it today....It is a very long day today... :blush:

I feel for you because I'm in the same boat. It's a constant war. I have no magic advice you don't already know. If you can, try to get up. I know it's hard but it's also 75% of the battle. I hope you find whatever magic you need to help you get through the day. <3