Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Thanks. Can you please tell me how to retrieve it? I don't know how to get PMs. Thanks :)

I'm not sure. I use the phone app. I'll post it here.

Ok, my hospital list:

Stuffed bear or small firm pillow for pressure when getting up or down, coughing, and my ride home. (I have a 3hr ride home) I was told to put a bright pillowcase on it instead of white so it won't get confused with hospital linens or forgotten.

Blistex. Some hospitals don't allow Chapstick due to the glycerine in it, but blistex is allowed.

Phone charger attached to a small extension cord.

Panties. They let my sister wear them after surgery and she felt less exposed in them when male nurses were checking her incisions, etc plus you can tuck your drain into them while your up and about if you have a drain.

Toothpaste and toothbrush

Deodorant

Hairbrush

I plan on wearing the same clothes and flip flops home as I wear to the hospital.

Gas x strips

Lotion. I remember my sister's hands were so dry and she was always asking for my lotion.

List of ppl to contact n tell them I made it out of surgery in case I'm too out of it. My bf is out of state and will be wondering how I am. My kids will be worrying too.

Tweezers. You never know when ur gonna need to pluck or tweeze

Medical binder of info

Socks

Change for vending machine

CPAP

Hey All!! My surgery is Feb 17th sooo excited and getting just a tad nervous about the anesthesia but other than that I am ready!!!!! I have been on my pre op liquid diet since Monday doing better today !! Also recovering from a cold hoping the cold goes away by the 17th :)

I am also getting a little nervous. Since my surgery is February 18th

Ok. Took my Water but not my Protein Shake. Ended up eating some carrots with hummus and then at Olive Garden (only went because I drove my friend and it was her grandpas funeral) I had one bowl of Soup. Their soup isn't healthy at all. But better than pastas and breadsticks. Which smelled great and were hard to stay away from!

I went to Brann's for my bffs birthday tonight. I just took a few ProtiDiet liquid packs tonight add to water. I thought about ordering the chili, but didn't. I'm surprised I didn't give in, given in was around 9 people and their delicious foods. It was HARD. I fought the urge the whoooole time sitting there not to grab even just one fry. But I did it, and I won!

At least you made healthy choices! If I was going to want cheat, it woulda been with crap food. So be happy it was healthier choices! :)

Thank you so much for the list, Super!!

Sarah, be proud!! What a great test of willpower! Today was the first day it was rough on me. Just being home all day around four people who can eat whatever they want sucked. But I didn't cheat either.

Yay us!! :)

Hey All!! My surgery is Feb 17th sooo excited and getting just a tad nervous about the anesthesia but other than that I am ready!!!!! I have been on my pre op liquid diet since Monday doing better today !! Also recovering from a cold hoping the cold goes away by the 17th :)

Lauren, my surgery is scheduled for the 17th too :)

You're quite welcome, Glitter!!

SJ I'm super proud of you!!!

Jencovi, you made good choices and this really is a hard thing to do. Hang in there. Like SJ said, at least you made good choices, if Buffy's Cupcakes would've been open I might've actually caved.

I went to Brann's for my bffs birthday tonight. I just took a few ProtiDiet liquid packs tonight add to Water. I thought about ordering the chili, but didn't. I'm surprised I didn't give in, given in was around 9 people and their delicious foods. It was HARD. I fought the urge the whoooole time sitting there not to grab even just one fry. But I did it, and I won!

At least you made healthy choices! If I was going to want cheat, it woulda been with crap food. So be happy it was healthier choices! :)

Oh man did I want a big bowl of saucy pasta!!! Haha. Going out while on pre-op isn't some thing I would recommend. I only have til Thursday and will be back to my hermit self the rest of this week. Well, except for a disneyland trip tomorrow. But I'm going with my husband and our one year old so I don't have to worry about eating. We bring all our own Snacks and only go for 3-5 hours in the morning. It's great family time and exercise as well. It will be our last trip before my surgery. Wahoo!

Hey Jencovi- I am assuming you are in so cal with your short Disneyland trip.. Can I ask where you are having surgery?

I live in Huntington Beach but I am having surgery at Cedars Sinai in LA!! Just thought I would say hi to another local :)

Glitter- yay! We are having surgery the same day!! It's coming up quick :)

Thank you so much for the list, Super!! Sarah, be proud!! What a great test of willpower! Today was the first day it was rough on me. Just being home all day around four people who can eat whatever they want sucked. But I didn't cheat either. Yay us!! :)

I can relate in a way. Yesterday was my rough day. It took just about everything in me to not eat everything in my house. But I struggled through it. Haha. It's tough, but I'd only be cheating myself.

Edited by Sarahjane79

Hey Jencovi- I am assuming you are in so cal with your short Disneyland trip.. Can I ask where you are having surgery?

I live in Huntington Beach but I am having surgery at Cedars Sinai in LA!! Just thought I would say hi to another local :)

Glitter- yay! We are having surgery the same day!! It's coming up quick :)

Hello Lauren! I am having my surgery at St. Joseph's in Orange. I also live in Orange which is convenient. :)

Oh man did I want a big bowl of saucy pasta!!! Haha. Going out while on pre-op isn't some thing I would recommend. I only have til Thursday and will be back to my hermit self the rest of this week. Well, except for a disneyland trip tomorrow. But I'm going with my husband and our one year old so I don't have to worry about eating. We bring all our own Snacks and only go for 3-5 hours in the morning. It's great family time and exercise as well. It will be our last trip before my surgery. Wahoo!

But ya know, it's almost empowering knowing that I made it through watching everyone eating delicious looking foods, and wasn't over run by the lust of wanting it all. Empowering to know I won the battle. It's only going to get easier as the days go on. :) but damn if I dint want to steal ALL the food and run. Hahaha.

I'm TOTALLY jealous of Disneyland!!

Edited by Sarahjane79

But ya know, it's almost empowering knowing that I made it through watching everyone eating delicious looking foods, and wasn't over run by the lust of wanting it all. Empowering to know I won the battle. It's only going to get easier as the days go on. :)

I'm TOTALLY jealous of Disneyland!!

We certainly are spoiled having disneyland so close. Its fun to run over for a fence hours and tire out the little one. We love it.