Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Plan For Thanksgiving Dinner?

This was my Thanksgiving plate. For comparison, that deviled egg is a small size egg. I couldn't finish it all, but I did have some pumpkin pie and a little more turkey and dressing for dinner. I did have a lot more carbs than I'm used to but thanks to my tiny pouch, the damage was minimal. Tomorrow, I'm back on the wagon.

post-178715-0-37895600-1385701095_thumb.jpg

????

This was my Thanksgiving plate. For comparison, that deviled egg is a small size egg. I couldn't finish it all, but I did have some pumpkin pie and a little more turkey and dressing for dinner. I did have a lot more carbs than I'm used to but thanks to my tiny pouch, the damage was minimal. Tomorrow, I'm back on the wagon. cdf57

That's such a cute plate! Doesn't it look like someone just served a little toddler? :) thank god for the sleeve right?

This was my Thanksgiving plate. For comparison, that deviled egg is a small size egg. I couldn't finish it all, but I did have some pumpkin pie and a little more turkey and dressing for dinner. I did have a lot more carbs than I'm used to but thanks to my tiny pouch, the damage was minimal. Tomorrow, I'm back on the wagon.

attachicon.gif:

My plate was shockingly identical.

Well, I am going to deep fry a turkey at Christmas at my sons request - he lived in California for severl months, which included Thanksgiving. He was promised deep fried turkey, but it didn't happen in the end. As a mother, I can't bear it even if my 33 year old sons are disappointed, so I am going to remedy that by frying a turkey in our back yard. Over here, turkeys are pretty small - should be able to without disaster!

attachicon.gif:

My plate was shockingly identical.

LOL, so was mine, and I didn't eat it all, either.:)

I am pre-op and won't be having surgery until sometime in January (I hope) so I ate the normal turkey dinner. But sweets are my normal weakness so I totally skipped dessert. I was so bummed, but I did it and it didn't kill me. By Christmas I am hoping to be on a pre-op diet so that will be a step up in challenging myself.

Thanksgiving was a success! I ate what I said I was going to eat but no room for pumpkin pie. Maybe I'll have a taste today!

Hi all .. I will be on day 3 of full liquids I found this split pea Soup in the frozen section that has 14 grams of Protein I'm going to purée some more since it has small pieces of carrots. That way I can sit at the table join everyone.

But I have to say it is very hard to get 64 oz of liquids and protein.... I just started full liquids today... Anyone else having problems getting all the liquids in?

I love that though! It's our sleeve working. I am surprised at how much food I can eat sometimes. Thin crust pizza has been my weakness lately but its just my 2 maybe 3 small squares of it and I'm done instead of the entire pizza plus wings.

For a while I was really on the fence about if I made the right choice but lately I really think I did. I love my sleeve. I love the balance it gives me when it comes to food.< /p>

Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's place was interesting as usual. I decided to morph into take charge man when I arrived. I set the table, coordinated all the food, and cleaned all the dishes afterwards. I was so busy that no one noticed I did not eat other than my mother who was very very very upset that I could not eat any of her delicious creations because they all were too high in fat, sugar, and sodium. I explained to her that this is how I will view and consume food for the rest of my life. She was not hearing it! My Aunt explained my mother's reasoning to me; "mother's put their love into their cooking and it wounded her pride and ego when I did not eat." At one point I found here crying alone, I consoled her and explained again I was not rejected her, but this is my life and I want to live. She was not having it. Arrrrrgggghhhhh!

Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's place was interesting as usual. I decided to morph into take charge man when I arrived. I set the table, coordinated all the food, and cleaned all the dishes afterwards. I was so busy that no one noticed I did not eat other than my mother who was very very very upset that I could not eat any of her delicious creations because they all were too high in fat, sugar, and sodium. I explained to her that this is how I will view and consume food for the rest of my life. She was not hearing it! My Aunt explained my mother's reasoning to me; "mother's put their love into their cooking and it wounded her pride and ego when I did not eat." At one point I found here crying alone, I consoled her and explained again I was not rejected her, but this is my life and I want to live. She was not having it. Arrrrrgggghhhhh!

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. It's tough when doing the right thing for us makes other people sad. I wonder if it would help in the future to have one taste and then rave about it like mad so she Doest realize how little of it you ate? Of course, don't do that if it triggers you to eat more junk.

Aww I'm so sorry:( I agree with GG, maybe a bite of her food if it won't make you eat and eat and eat. Hopefully Christmas will be a much happier time.

Thanksgiving was amazing. Sat between my little grandsons which was great by itself. But by the time I finished cutting up their food, the platter passing was over and everyone was eating so my smaller portion of turkey seemed ok even to me.

And then, the drama! My wedding and engagement rings just slipped off my finger. Found fortunately but everyone be careful.

Also know the hotel robe that never fit. Well it does now. Since I can't see the weight loss In the mirror or in my head, I love these NSVs.

Thanksgiving was amazing. Sat between my little grandsons which was great by itself. But by the time I finished cutting up their food, the platter passing was over and everyone was eating so my smaller portion of turkey seemed ok even to me. And then, the drama! My wedding and engagement rings just slipped off my finger. Found fortunately but everyone be careful. Also know the hotel robe that never fit. Well it does now. Since I can't see the weight loss In the mirror or in my head, I love these NSVs.

That sounds like fun! I love the hotel robe NSV too.

I keep checking my wedding ring to see if it's still safe. I had wedding bangles from my dad and my husband (I don't care for diamonds so my husband bought me the bangles instead). One swift push and they would have been off my wrists. I couldn't risk them and they are now put away. My arm feels naked. :(

Brother Ken,

I think you did great! Keep explaining and your Mom will come 'round.

I had my first wine in 6 months. It was excellent, and that's it till Christmas...

So now, the question is, What's the plan for the leftovers? I have to get this stuff out of my house!! I have a piece of chocolate pie left that is my all time favorite (has cream cheese and pecans in it). I sent almost everything else out of here, but I have that left. Uggh. I should just throw it away....but that seems so wrong, lol! Eating it is a bad idea, too. For me, this is the hard work. I just can't have some things in the house. I've had too many calories the last three days....and this is the slippery slope for me....where my resolve gradually weakens. I just thought I'd "say" it out loud here to mentally bitchslap myself into a reality check. Thanks :) I might start a thread asking if I can just eat the pie ;)