Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Plan For Thanksgiving Dinner?

Sleeved 10/23 and still have trouble with lots of foods-- too hard, I guess-and some liquids. I hope to be able to eat bites of turkey. Question--I was told not to eat celery now. Can I purée a bite of stuffing and still probably be okay even with some celery in it?

call your doc and ask if is ok if is finely chopped. In bigger bites, the strings are a problem.

Lynds

My son and daughter-in-law are hosting Thanksgiving this year so I didn't have to worry about all the cooking I normally do. I think my kids thought I would be out of commission for a long time after surgery. I'm 4 weeks post-op, and I still don't get much at all past the Protein serving, so my plan is to have a few bites of turkey and maybe a bite of green Beans and yams. I'm hoping I will be able to have a little pumpkin pie, too. I will mostly be concentrating on spending quality time with my kids and my 3 beautiful grandchildren who I haven't seen since surgery.

I wish we had Thanksgiving here! I feel like I am missing out! Maybe I'll invite friends for a Thanksgiving dinner... Is it too late to thaw a turkey?

My son and I will be spending the week at my brother's house. I will be starting purees on thursday so I plan on having turkey, cranberry, mashed green Beans and of there is room, a teeny bit of sweet potato or mashed. The focus will be on the fact that we are together and I will definitely be giving thanks for getting a second chance at a healthier life.

Oh and for having the best family ever!

Going to my brothers house. I will try a little of everything but I know I'm probably gonna eat mostly the turkey and some salad. I seem to do best with salads. But I'm gonna b baking four pies and a cake. Everyone there knows I had the surgery and I'm ok with that. My nephew who is 16 gets a kick out of watching me eat a bite and wait a few minutes before another bite. My five year old will probably eat with me, she does that at home all the time. She is my little garbage disposal. Luckily for us both I mostly eat salads so she is eating healthy also.

I wish we had Thanksgiving here! I feel like I am missing out! Maybe I'll invite friends for a Thanksgiving dinner... Is it too late to thaw a turkey?

I don't think so. I used to make little Cornish game hens instead because my kids and I don't care for turkey that much, and they too can be stuffed just like a turkey. Something else to consider :)

Going to my brothers house. I will try a little of everything but I know I'm probably gonna eat mostly the turkey and some salad. I seem to do best with salads. But I'm gonna b baking four pies and a cake. Everyone there knows I had the surgery and I'm ok with that. My nephew who is 16 gets a kick out of watching me eat a bite and wait a few minutes before another bite. My five year old will probably eat with me, she does that at home all the time. She is my little garbage disposal. Luckily for us both I mostly eat salads so she is eating healthy also.

I haven't dared to try salads yet but reading your post makes me realize maybe it's time to try raw veggies. Love that your daughter is eating healthier I know my son is as well.

2 dinner for me: 1 at my sister in laws on Thurs and 1 at my mom on Sun. My sister in law is cooking on Thurs and I really don't have any plans. Sorry to say but I'll probly just wing it. Maybe a couple bites of everything. I'm bringing the sweet potatoes (which I don't like anyway).

I'm cooking on Sunday. Every single thing will be homemade but the pie crusts (even I won't attempt homemade pie crusts). I plan on having a couple bites of everything - including pumpkin pie. And the next day, I will partake in my yearly day-after-Thanksgiving hot turkey sandwich. This will be my 4th Thanksgiving after wls (banded for 3 1/2 yrs before my revision 4 mths ago) and I eat very little. Every year I've done the same thing - a couple bites of everything - and it's worked well.

My goal is to not gain during the holidays. On Jan 2nd, I will get serious and work on the last 20 or so lbs I have left to lose.

Happy Thanksgiving!

wow this is going to be a crazy thanksgiving for me I had surgery Oct 15th and I don't know yet what I will be able to eat I think my sleeve was done really well I get in very little and I am so stuffed:{ I do want some mash potatoes, turkey, green Beans and I don't know if I can go without tasting my mom famous mac n cheese just a lick please :) Praying that it turns out out don't want to sit out due to tummy pains :/

Thanks for advice a t the celery. My doc sent the question to his nutritionist who just said " too much fat so don't eat" which didn't answer my question. I don't worry to much about fat and calories right now. I'm barely eating anything as it is!

Thanks for advice a t the celery. My doc sent the question to his nutritionist who just said " too much fat so don't eat" which didn't answer my question. I don't worry to much about fat and calories right now. I'm barely eating anything as it is!

If have a little and not worry about it then. And be sure to enjoy the heck out of it :)

We are having fried turkey, ham, and smoke pork roast along with all the trimmings. I will definitely eat my Protein first and whatever room I have left, I know I will eat green Beans and probably some stuffing. I generally don't deprive myself of food (otherwise I would gorge on whatever it is I want), I just eat it in very small amounts. A bite will usually satisfy my craving and I'm good. We had our thanksgiving at work yesterday and that worked for me so I plan to do the same Thursday:)

I've done that quite often. I used to have lots of friends over but then we decided to keep if more to just the four of us, and we can't ever finish a ham or turkey. Going out has been just as enjoyable for us.

My dad and I do that every year then when my sister comes home at Xmas we cook a thanksgiving meal. I cooked it for my dad and I once at thanksgiving and realized how much of a pain it is for just two people. With my sister there we can split the duties.

So this year we are going to Season's 52. I saw they are doing a Thanksgiving there so I got us a reservation. Their food is already pretty tasty so I'm guessing it will be for thanksgiving as well. They so advertise that the 475 calories or less don't apply that day, but with a few ounces of turkey and a few bites of potatoes and stuffing, I'm sure I'll be under 475 still! :)

And I'll be getting a piece of pie to go for a few hours after we eat :)

Going to eat my turkey first, maybe a little mashed potatoes and if theres room, green bean cass. I can see me stopping after the turkey and sitting there pushing food around on my plate so grandma doesn't think something's wrong. First holiday since surg and I have made it through other family functions OK

I'll eat a little bit of everything except stuffing or anything overly carbtastic.