Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Having A Minor Melt-Down

I am in the tech industry and not customer facing. I have always just worn jeans and t-shirts. They fit and I could find them at every size. Well I am a manager now (have been for two years) and still wear jeans and t-shirts. It is acceptable day to day, but as I advance in my career I really need some dressier and more professional things for meetings, travel, etc. I am actually excited by the thought. But I am still losing very fast and dropping at least a size every couple months. So right now I have one pair of jeans (which are too big), one pair of black pants (which are too big), several t-shirts which are too big, and two button-down shirts I can wear camisoles under. Two months ago we went a on a 3-week holiday and I bought like 6 t-shirts and 4 pairs of shorts in size 16. All too big now. I have to hem my jeans because I am 4'11". I have size 14 and 12 in a bag and have not gotten around to hemming them. I'm worried the 14s may be too big. I only paid $8 for them. So I feel stuck. I need to start getting nicer clothes but I can't yet. Hell I have to get a new swimsuit because my husband's company Christmas party is on a yacht on December 20 and I don't know what size I will be. We are going to a semi formal party for New Years Eve and I won't be able to get a dress until the last minute. But I will be able to wear heels without my feet killing me! These problems are so weird. I think I am due for a second closet clean-out tomorrow. I keep wondering what my final size will be. I would not be surprised if I could get to a 6 even. It is so wacky. Oh yeah by the way it is coming to summer here. Southern Hemisphere.

I've gone from an 18/20 to 14 in most things and 12 in jeans in a about 4 months. I still wonder if I will ever make it to a 12 or a 10. I don't have the faith I should in this whole process. Compared to my previous attempts at dieting, this seems so effortless, that I'm worried it will just stop of it's own accord well before I'm ready. Based on my past, this seems like it should be much harder to be losing so much weight!

Sounds like all your shopping is going to have to be last minute Misty. Are consignment shops big in Australia? My husband has been buying me expensive clothes at a fraction of their price from online auctions. I don't have the patience that takes.

If I had ever penny I ever spent on diets, new clothes, more expensive clothes, different foods, throwing out the foods that my new-new diet didn't let me eat that my previous diet said I should, etc.----it would fund some very nice holidays for my family.

That made me laugh! I can so relate to trying a new diet, realizing I couldn't eat whatever was still around from the last diet, getting rid of perfectly good food because "oh, I can't eat that now." That was my life. I did at least get to a point where I realized I was acting crazy. My poor friends in my book club....wondering what weird diet I would be on so I couldn't eat something they had prepared...meanwhile never really losing any weight. 11 days to Sleeve date.

That made me laugh! I can so relate to trying a new diet, realizing I couldn't eat whatever was still around from the last diet, getting rid of perfectly good food because "oh, I can't eat that now." That was my life. I did at least get to a point where I realized I was acting crazy. My poor friends in my book club....wondering what weird diet I would be on so I couldn't eat something they had prepared...meanwhile never really losing any weight. 11 days to Sleeve date.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one! I think the the most wasteful transition was from Paleo to vegetarian. Can you imagine? :)

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one! I think the the most wasteful transition was from Paleo to vegetarian. Can you imagine? :)

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Done them both!!! More than once...Atkins, McDougal, too!

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Done them both!!! More than once...Atkins, McDougal, too!

Oh and right before Paleo was juicing. So there went all that fruit too! :)

So the good news you should know however, is that although none of those diets worked, the sleeve is working. Eleven more days to the start of a new you! Congrats :)

I so relate to this! I went from a 1X (or XL in certain cuts) to a 10 in five months. I could buy a pair of pants, wear them once or twice and the next time I wore them they would be too big and baggy. This was after loosing one size in the first two months. It really is an ongoing adjustment.

I so relate to this! I went from a 1X (or XL in certain cuts) to a 10 in five months. I could buy a pair of pants, wear them once or twice and the next time I wore them they would be too big and baggy. This was after loosing one size in the first two months. It really is an ongoing adjustment.

wow that sounds fast even by sleeve standards! Good for you! So you're almost to your final size now though, right? Have you started the Beeg Beeg Shopping yet? :)

I have to try on clothes that were too tight once a week, usually on the weekends. It's no point saying "oh this doesn't fit" because fact is, just because it didn't fit last week doesn't mean it doesn't fit this week. And to add to the confusion, it only fits for a few weeks so you have to be careful you're not out of your "fit window".

I have three client visits in the next two weeks. One is in Key West, the other two are in Rhode Island. So not only do I need clothes that fit, they have to be warm weather and cold weather and the cold weather ones have to fit for two weeks.

It's enough to drive a sane woman crazy and I wasn't that sane to start with.

I think I'm at my final weight although some things are starting to feel loose again. I'm working on my wardrobe but I'm always working on that. LOL! I sympathize about having to find three seasons of outfits in two weeks. :/.

I'm hoarding fat clothes. 6 Rubbermaid bins later at about 5 weeks out!

I'm hoarding fat clothes. 6 Rubbermaid bins later at about 5 weeks out!

Get rid of them Ms shopaholic! Make way for the new ones :)

I must have worn my clothes really tight - nothing is too big yet (well maybe one pair of trousers...)

I must have worn my clothes really tight - nothing is too big yet (well maybe one pair of trousers...)

It took me ages to go from 20w to 20. When I got into normal sizes they started dropping more quickly. A size about every 7 kg (15 lb). I have lost over 60 lb now and gone from that 20w to a 14. So I still have a long way to go. I suspect the sizes will stop dropping as quickly soon. So probably the middle of the journey is where you will change the most.

Although I had no idea, my first photograph of myself in my undies showed me that I was "that" woman who wore her bras so tight that they cut into her in the back. I guess we just used to pain from that? Idk. I do know that it took a while before the bras I had fit, and only recently did I move into a different size.

As misty says, everyone says the larger sizes are cut more forgivingly and take a while to come out of. Also I know I had more "stretchy" clothes in my higher sizes because god knows I needed them to stretch!

haha! yes, everything I own is stretchy!

I really really want to believe all of this. Aside from certain things giving me more room, I haven't officially dumped a full size yet. Sigh.