Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Having A Minor Melt-Down

Yes I know we’re supposed to give away our clothes. So we’ve been bagging them up. Today, we took them out to take pictures since we will be donating them and wanted records for the IRS.

They were all laid out neatly, and I don’t know what’s bothering me more–giving them away, or realizing how much I had to spend on clothes to have professional wardrobes in 5 different sizes.

When I think of all the money tied up in those clothes it’s sickening. When I think of self-paying to go to Mexico so I don’t have to be here again, it’s starting to look like quite the bargain.

In my defense, at least two of those stacks are my husband’s clothes. I mean, they’re not ALL mine. That would just be ridiculous :)

post-180691-0-40316900-1385075276_thumb.jpg

post-180691-0-77929500-1385075291_thumb.jpg

I won't lie, I had a couple of my uber expensive suit pants tailored in the beginning rather than buying new ones, but those have since gotten too big. Went from size 24/22 to a 12. I am not eager to buy up a whole bunch so I am subsisting on 4 outfits right now. I have 2 huge trash bags of clothes that I am sending off with the Vietnam Vets of America this weekend. I've never been so happy to see my drawers and closet sparse!

I won't lie, I had a couple of my uber expensive suit pants tailored in the beginning rather than buying new ones, but those have since gotten too big. Went from size 24/22 to a 12. I am not eager to buy up a whole bunch so I am subsisting on 4 outfits right now. I have 2 huge trash bags of clothes that I am sending off with the Vietnam Vets of America this weekend. I've never been so happy to see my drawers and closet sparse!

my husband has been buying me new suits from www.shopgoodwill.org

It's his new cross addiction :) But really he's gotten me some very nice suits with tags on them for $20--and these were $400 suits. It's all auctions but he keeps up with it.

From a 24 to a 12?? That's incredible! When do we get to see pics? :)

GG so funny you posted this! I just filled up three big bags cleaning out my closet tonight. I'm down to like 8 articles of good fitting clothing. Whatever, I'll take the 65 pound loss over these clothes any day!

Good gravy that's alot of clothes.

that's not evening showing the 20 suits of mine

did you read the part where I said not ALL of it was mine though?

:)

GG so funny you posted this! I just filled up three big bags cleaning out my closet tonight. I'm down to like 8 articles of good fitting clothing. Whatever, I'll take the 65 pound loss over these clothes any day!

me too! But...my clothes! :(

me too! But...my clothes! :(

LOL, I know. The work clothes are the worst. So happy I will only ever have one more full wardrobe to buy!

I've made three trips to donate my size 60 and above clothing to GoodWill over the last 2 weeks. I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow so i'm packing and went upstairs to my storage room and realized I have 30 nice & expensive dress shirts and 2 leather jackets hanging in there. I got really sad thinking how much i had spent on all of them.

To make myself feel better about being obese I would buy new clothes all the time. Today seeing all the money invested/wasted made me feel really guilty. I know the right thing is to donate them and I will, but is it normal to feel the loss?

Lets all remember how much easier it is to find great "skinny clothes" on sale. I often wondered who the manufactures are making clothes for? All the discount stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx are full of smaller sizes at reduced costs however the plus sized racks are always empty. Even the Department stores have huge sections of smaller sizes on final mark down and clearance but the plus sections are barely stocked. I looooove clothes shopping and cant wait until its my turn.

I was banded 4 years ago and had a TON of clothes to donate!!! Some items I still haven't parted with! I just had plastic surgery and have 2 more bags ready to go!! I also have a bin of clothes I need to try on once the swelling goes down!!! It's all a part of the journey!! Everyone knows to get me visa gift cards for Christmas this year!!! :-)

post-75542-0-24756700-1385082090_thumb.jpg

post-75542-0-29597000-1385082097_thumb.jpg

post-75542-0-53552400-1385082102_thumb.jpg

that's not evening showing the 20 suits of mine

did you read the part where I said not ALL of it was mine though?

:)

Oh yes I read it. I'm still giving my old clothes away. I just took a giant box to my BIL who is 1 size bigger than me. He's thrilled, he just got a whole new wardrobe only worn once.

my husband has been buying me new suits from www.shopgoodwill.org

It's his new cross addiction :) But really he's gotten me some very nice suits with tags on them for $20--and these were $400 suits. It's all auctions but he keeps up with it.

From a 24 to a 12?? That's incredible! When do we get to see pics? :)

I guess I could author a "The Journey So Far" thread :D . At the moment on top I am in between sizes (12/14). I guess fortunate for me my girls haven't deflated yet, but I'd love to get rid of some of this damn back fat :angry: .

I've made three trips to donate my size 60 and above clothing to GoodWill over the last 2 weeks. I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow so i'm packing and went upstairs to my storage room and realized I have 30 nice & expensive dress shirts and 2 leather jackets hanging in there. I got really sad thinking how much i had spent on all of them. To make myself feel better about being obese I would buy new clothes all the time. Today seeing all the money invested/wasted made me feel really guilty. I know the right thing is to donate them and I will, but is it normal to feel the loss?

Yes I think it is normal. I'm sitting here adding up how expensive it was to be fat and it's not pretty is it?

I guess I could author a "The Journey So Far" thread :D . At the moment on top I am in between sizes (12/14). I guess fortunate for me my girls haven't deflated yet, but I'd love to get rid of some of this damn back fat :angry: .

Me too! I've got the side roll thing going. So ready for that and my tummy to go away.

Journey so far sounds like a great idea! Do it!