Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

TM, you are sooo right. Without the band I would not have lost a pound! :Banane03: Thanks I needed that! :)

Hi,

I'm now down 82 pounds, the weight of my 13 year old daughter. So now "I've lost a Tori" is my new slogan.

I've haven't had a fill since January and no Dr. Appts either. When I left there in january, I asked if I needed another appointment, they said call when i needed another fill. Well now it is mid July and I'm eating more in each meal so I need another fill. How soon can I get one? Would you belive Sept 4? 7 1/2 weeks after I called. There was one appointment available at 5 1/2 weeks but I am on vacation out of town that week so I can't do that one. But 7 1/2 weeks! Come on! Even 5 1/2 weeks is too long when you need a fill.

Anyway, I am making steady progress going down and 82 pounds is certainly nothing to sneeze at. I am biking several times a week and that helps. I enjoy the support groups at the Polaris Mall.

Susan

Seebs

Just home from the hospital. I had a minor complication from the pain medication - made me have dry heaves! Not fun at all. Dr. Choban in the morning and looked so concerned. She ordered an upper GI Xray (with Barium YUMMIE:sad_smile:) The band was fine. Once we identified it was the pain medication. I was fine too. My husband just made me dinner: chicken broth and Jello. Sad thing is; it tastes great and I couldn't eat it all!

I am so excited to see how this is going to work. I plan to follow the program to the letter. I just love Dr. Choban; she is so kind and helpful.

I couldn't have gotten here without all of you. Thanks.

Welcome Home lynlynkr... :) Its nice to know you felt good enough to post here the day after surgery. I'm happy for you and cant wait to hear how you are doing. I just got my date and I'm feeling all kinds of emotions.

Seebs-Congrats on the 82 lbs! That is awesome! I would call the office back and ask to be put to the voice mail of Diana/Diane. She is the one that can work majic and get you in. I was going to leave her another message, but my appt is next week anyways, so I will just hang in there.

Lyn--Glad you are home and things are going better!

Patty--congrats

Hey Greg~ thanks for the #. Charlene actually called yesterday afternoon and said my paper work is next in line on Dr. Millers desk. I am out of town through the middle of next week so I pray there is a date by then.

Sue~ what are friends for?? :) I hope you can return the favor sometime soon.

Susan~ WTG!! You're doing great. :thumbup:

Lyn~ Happy to hear you're home and feeling so good. (Sorry to hear about the dry heaves though, that stinks)

Patty~ WOOOO HOOOO!!!! I bet you're jumping for joy right now.

Niki~ I just read your blog, sorry to hear about your back. I have chronic back issues.....no fun at all. All I have to do is bend over sometimes and I'm down for days. I find a long warm shower and a couple vicodin are the only relief when it's really acting up. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thanks again Kathy.

Patty -- congratulations! Dr. Price did my surgery on March 17 and I've had a very smooth ride. Post surgery he gave me the option to have either Dr. Miller or Dr. Choban be my follow up dr for fills and check ups and I chose Dr. Miller and that's going well so far. Best wishes. September 2 will be here before you know it!

I was trying to find some pictures to share with someone and I finally found this one embedded in a Powerpoint that some doctor had given at a conference. Its the best view I've seen of the Allergan band and port.

post-226326-13813137350498_thumb.jpg

I am so excited! As you may remember, my la band surgery was Wednesday July 16. I weighed in at 196.5 right before surgery. Post op day one I experienced dry heaves (related to pain meds), I questioned what I had done to myself. I got my answer! It was the best decision ever!

Today is Sunday July 20th. Last night we went to a wedding that included a sit down dinner and a COOKIE BAR not to mention the open bar! Of course being 3 days post op, I didn't know what to expect. I was amazed at the large quantities of food. i wasn't anything I wouldn't have completely shoved in my mouth before; but it looked so overwelming. I played with the salad but didn't eat it. Then for the entrie - it was this huge paste chicken plate. There was no way to hide my not eating it from our friends. My husband went to the kitchen and came back with some mashed potatoes. I was so tocuched by his efforts. I gave him a kiss and everyone at the table said a kiss for potatoes! I ate a couple bite and felt completely satsfied. I told our friend about the surgery and they were very supportive. Matter of fact, they asked if they could have some of my potatoes.

This morning I weighed in at 189.2!!!!!!! New numbers, I feel fabulous, and I couldn't be happier.

I plan to take my dog for a walk this evening and feel good enough to go back to work tomorrow.

If you haven't had your surgery yet; you are in for the greatest gift of you life. Enjoy the ride.

Have a super day everyone!!!!! Lynn

Lynn~ I couldn't help but smile reading your post. I could actually feel your excitement. WTG with the loss!!! (BTW~ your hubby is a good man)

My Husband is a good man and so supportive.

I am so happy I made got the lap band. I know I can do it now and keep the pounds away forever!

I am still drinking liquids for 2 weeks then go to mushie foods for two weeks. Is there that much difference between mushie and liquids?

I did eat the mashed potatoes last night but I really let them desolve before I swollowed. It was more like cream of potatoe Soup by the time it went down. (Sorry about the details.)

Lyn--I am so glad thing are going well for you! I agree, this band is going to help all of us keep are weight loss gone for good! Oh, and I think that mushies are a cup of heaven after weeks of liquids!!!

TM--Thanks for the prayers! I was at the pool today and it seemed to make things a little better...I think I am going to try to go every day this week and maybe I will be ready for work on Thursday

I wish my doctor would have given my vicodin, all I got was "take some tylenol, and try the flexeril before bedtime!"

Hi bandsters! I can tell you I definitely like having an 8:30 am fill appt as the first patient of the day -- in and out in a breeze today with Dr. Miller.

He has me up to a total of 8.5 cc's in my band as of today. Holding down fluids okay so far. He said "see you back in 6 weeks, no guarantee I'll give you another fill but we'll see how you are doing." ...and I got an appointment for Sept 2 before I left the office! I'm excited... For those who want a fill appt and can't get in for a long time to see Dr. Choban, consider checking to see him. He hit my port in seconds and it was totally painless.