Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Slow Losers Thread

One week post op visit today did not lose any weight at all:-(

I'm sure you have lost weight, but you are still all pumped up with Fluid from the hospital. Relax, and be assured that you will soon start dropping more than you can imagine.

Sign me up for the Slow Losers Club. I'm 11 weeks out and 40lbs down. I stall every few pounds it seems. Was hoping to be closer to the 75lb mark by now (I started at 376). It seems, much as before surgery, I have no control over my weight loss. And I'm figuring out how to still feel successful knowing that.

I'm in the same boat! I'm 10 weeks out (sleeved) and I've lose 43 pounds since surgery. I know that 43 pounds isn't anything to whine about, but I sure would like to lose a wee bit more each week, you know? Slow and steady wins the race!

Hang in there!

I know how you feel, bossybird! I'm 14 weeks out and down 41. Slower than I'd like, but way better than I've ever done on my own in the past!

Id love to be losing at your rates girls! At my current rate of weight loss Id be stoked to be 31 lbs down at 14 weeks. *shhh Rach...stop comparing!!* Congrats on your losses guys....truly.

Sometimes im just so over trying to be positive when all I wanna say is "Wtf is going on? Did my surgeon actually perform a gastric bypass? "

Rant over...sorry!

Week 12 weigh in. I gained 1.5 lbs.

Had anyone heard of any veterans having a gain on their journey?

I haven't had a stall yet. This gain is my first blip. Ive had small losses each week till now. I knew I'd be due for a stall sometime soon - just wasn't expecting a gain!

Going on 11 weeks down 32 which I am happy with because I wouldn't have done that on my own, and I know its not good to compare which I try not to do but its hard some days when day after day you follow the rules to a T and the numbers on the scale or clothing not move but than someone else with the same stats not as far out has lost twice that ah o well I will get there at some point. :)

Hi guys. I started this thread as I thought I was the only one this was happening to.

It's good to know that I'm not but it's a shame any of us are slow losers.

I had my surgery on 10th October - in all since then (weighed last on Monday 6th Jan), I have lost 18lb, in 13 weeks which is an average of just over 1lb a week.

I've had and seen an x-ray and my pouch is 'normal'. It's not tiny, the cottage cheese test came in at 7.5oz. Apparently they can be up to 9oz without any impact on weight loss.

For 5 weeks since I last saw my dietician, I wasn't dieting in any way and Christmas, New Year and my birthday fell in the period too - and I still lost 2lb.

So, I have deiced to just accept that I'm a slow loser and to do 2 things that might help me continue to lose 1lb a week. One is exercise and the other is to cut out sugar which I have done since 1st January.

I get weighed again on Monday 27th January and I will be a happy bunny if I've lost 3lb.

Better to be a slow loser than a no-loser which i was scared I was!

Good luck everyone, we'll get there :-)

Going on 11 weeks down 32 which I am happy with because I wouldn't have done that on my own, and I know its not good to compare which I try not to do but its hard some days when day after day you follow the rules to a T and the numbers on the scale or clothing not move but than someone else with the same stats not as far out has lost twice that ah o well I will get there at some point. :)

Congrats on your loss so far. We're only human eh...we know it's not productive, positive or helpful to compare ourselves to others, but its only natural that we do.

Im coming to grips with the slow pace and I'm now trying to conquer fears that I'll stop losing soon and start gaining and that this won't work. Today's gain I had is not helping those fears!! lol

My aim this week is positive self-talk and of course. ...continuing to stick to my plan.

All the best for your coming week. :-)

I lost 2 lbs this week. Yay. After last weeks gain of 1.5, I hope I'm back to losing each week. I dont care how slow anymore. ..I just want the scales or measuring tape to always show me smaller numbers each week! Having a gain is panic inducing horror! lol. :-)

I too am a slow loser I am glad there is a thread for us. I am happy for those dropping a lot of weight but must admit I wish I was one of them. I am 10 weeks out and have lost 26 lbs. today I have gained 2 pounds back but I am swelling in my ankles. I tried my was pill last week my ankles looked great some weight came off but ended up with a Migraine and thought I was going to pass out and probably would have if my husband had not been there to get me to my bed quickly. Not sure what to do about the edema because I surely did not like those side effects. I try to keep telling myself the weight will come off but that little voice inside comes back with worry I won't.

Just monitor your sodium intake. I have suffered with edema for years and have found sodium as well as salt of any kind (sea, Kosher, ect.) Is bad for my legs. Trying setting with your legs elevated above heart level and drink more plain Water along with minimizing your sodium/salt intake. That will work the best. Also compression socks that go to your knee whenever you will be sitting or standing all day. Good luck!! And great job losing what you have so far!

Ok so I am not a happy camper today.... Surgery Oct 29, 2012... That was 15 months ago almost. Started 285 - now 220. Yes that's only 65 pounds an not a one has come off in the last 9 months. So i have figured out- its up to me for the next 50 to come off.. Yes folks- I'm a slow loser and a slow learner. So- recommitting myself to diet and exercise because I can eat anything. Somedays its like I didn't even have the surgery. Other days I can eat minimally. Anyway- just needed to vent and admit I've not gotten where I wanted.

Ok so I am not a happy camper today.... Surgery Oct 29, 2012... That was 15 months ago almost. Started 285 - now 220. Yes that's only 65 pounds an not a one has come off in the last 9 months. So i have figured out- its up to me for the next 50 to come off.. Yes folks- I'm a slow loser and a slow learner. So- recommitting myself to diet and exercise because I can eat anything.

Somedays its like I didn't even have the surgery. Other days I can eat minimally.

Me too!!!

Ok so I am not a happy camper today.... Surgery Oct 29, 2012... That was 15 months ago almost. Started 285 - now 220. Yes that's only 65 pounds an not a one has come off in the last 9 months. So i have figured out- its up to me for the next 50 to come off.. Yes folks- I'm a slow loser and a slow learner. So- recommitting myself to diet and exercise because I can eat anything.

Me too!!!

Me three!

Hey everyone. I feel the same way you all do about the slow weight loss. My problem has been my thyroid. I would encourage everyone to have their thyroid checked. After about two weeks of being on a different thyroid med, I have lost about 2 lbs. Before the thyroid meds I had as much as a 6 lb gain! I had GB in march 2013 and have lost 83 lbs. I have to remind myself every day that I can walk and not get tired and wear smaller clothes. I went from 299 to 216. Some days I wonder if surgery really worked. But I hafta keep encouraging myself. We can do this!