Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys I Need Some Advice....

I completely understand your concerns about having this surgery. But if you valued anyone else opinion wouldn't you have told them even before you started your process? My point is this surgery is for you! Your health! Your self-esteem and your body! Taking in to consideration your boyfriends feelings if he loves you he will understand why you felt you even wanted this surgery! My fiancé backs me up 100% we made this decision together as he would be the one helping me throughout it all and he knows why it means so much to me not only health wise but esteem wise also. All the best to you girl! Hopefully he comes around to support you 100% in your decision and don't worry you'll be fine!

Thank you..you are making perfect sense....are you sleeved yet?

Do what make you happy and most important " HEATHLY"

Thank u

I'm getting the Rny sometime in feb hopefully

I'm getting the Rny sometime in feb hopefully

Oh ok well good luck mama... keep your fellow sleevers posted.

Regardless to the fact if he likes it or not you should do it !! 1. Because it will make you so much healthier 2. Because you want to 3. Because nobodys opinion should matter besides your own if its not supportive of the surgery ... Now finally he may like you now but hell once you get healthier and drop some pounds and the skinny you is around and doing things you couldn't do before he'll be just fine :)

Regardless to the fact if he likes it or not you should do it !! 1. Because it will make you so much healthier 2. Because you want to 3. Because nobodys opinion should matter besides your own if its not supportive of the surgery ... Now finally he may like you now but hell once you get healthier and drop some pounds and the skinny you is around and doing things you couldn't do before he'll be just fine :)

Lol thanks girl i reallty hope so

Sounds like he needs education. He is probably afraid and you have to remember he had no idea you were considering this, so he has been blindsided by the idea. From his perspective you are happy with your body. If he loves you for you he will support you even if he doesn't agree. At the end of the day you have to do it for yourself and nobody else. You are the one that has to live with this decision forever. I hope it all works out the way you want!

My situation is almost the same as yours. Except for the fact that instead of my boyfriend of 3 years, its my dad of 22 years. He is absolutely against me having this surgery and wishes that I could just 'work' the weight off. He thinks I'm cheating by having this surgery. I have severe back problems which is why I'm having the surgery done. In hopes that it will relieve the strain on my back.

I keep telling myself that this is for me. Nobody else. I want to improve my way of life. Plus, I don't want to be one of those ladies riding around Wal-Mart because I'm too fat to walk to get the groceries I need. That is my self motivation. Do it for you. If he loves you for you, he will stay and realize that you're doing this for your own good. If he leaves, let him leave. With the way you'll look, I don't think you'll worry about him walking out! Good luck, love!

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;">My situation is almost the same as yours. Except for the fact that instead of my boyfriend of 3 years, its my dad of 22 years. He is absolutely against me having this surgery and wishes that I could just 'work' the weight off. He thinks I'm cheating by having this surgery. I have severe back problems which is why I'm having the surgery done. In hopes that it will relieve the strain on my back.</span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;">I keep telling myself that this is for me. Nobody else. I want to improve my way of life. Plus, I don't want to be one of those ladies riding around Wal-Mart because I'm too fat to walk to get the groceries I need. That is my self motivation. Do it for you. If he loves you for you, he will stay and realize that you're doing this for your own good. If he leaves, let him leave. With the way you'll look, I don't think you'll worry about him walking out! <span style="color:rgb(255,102,204);">Good luck, love!</span></span>

Lol girl i feel you i decided to have a talk with him...about it bcuz everytime he brings it up i shut down....but i said he deserves to know so i will sit him down and explain to him y i need this procedure and i knows that he loves me enough to understand...maybe he is scared....insecure....who knows but i do know hell understand

Sounds like he needs education. He is probably afraid and you have to remember he had no idea you were considering this, so he has been blindsided by the idea. From his perspective you are happy with your body. If he loves you for you he will support you even if he doesn't agree. At the end of the day you have to do it for yourself and nobody else. You are the one that has to live with this decision forever. I hope it all works out the way you want!

You are right when i told him he was kinda sorta shocked by it but he kinda knew i wasnt happy with my body he just thinks tht there has to be other ways..

i dont mean to be rude to cupcake but husband or not ..that is irrelevant.. he is STILL a very important person in your life whos opinion matters very much to you just the same as if u married him im sure. Also married or not this is still ultimately up to you. Its your health your body you have to deal with when issues start to happen I am pretty sure EVERYONE around me is going to be against it but I know that it is due to lack of understanding and lack of education on it. If you are 100 percent sure u want to do this then go for it. in time maybe people will see and change their mind based on what they have learned from YOU. God had your back :)

has*