Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, today is the day. I'm down 53 pounds so I did reach my

personal goal of 52 pounds by the end of the first year. I thought

that was a resonable goal (one pound a week average). My size has

gone down from a 22-24 to an 18 in jeans and it is very exciting not

to have to shop in the Plus Sizes anymore. In tops I can fit into XL

and even some L. (Feels kinda weird though after shopping plus sizes

for so long.) I feel different too. I can wash my car without

getting winded, I can cross my legs comfortably, I can sit on the

floor to play with my grand niece and I am starting to feel I look

different. I had another fill on Tuesday and I am filled to 3 cc's.

I can hear all of you gasp. I had a video esophagram first so this

wasn't done blindly. I've been doing liquids since except for last

night when I had the insides of a calzone. So far so good.

This is the best thing I ever did. I guess it would have been more

exciting if I lost more then 53 but I know it's my fault as I haven't

been the best Bander. I'm trying to start all over following the

rules and trying not to go around them (which I am very good at) and

drink more Water and will be starting back at the gym probably

tomorrow.

Chris S.

261/208/160

I think you've done a fine job Chris!! Seems like you and I could be band twins. We're both in the same size clothing too.

I think 52 lbs in a year is the perfect amount to lose!! If you're like me, it's totally opposite from the direction you were going when you had this surgery.

At the rate I was going, I would have gained another 52. :)

I say congratulations and keep up the good work!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Guest Dazzey1977

Congratulations, great job!

Chris, I think you've done a great job. I'm kind of curious though, and I've heard it expressed by others that they know they haven't been the "best bander" and feel responsible for what they perceive as slower weight loss, what have you done or not done to feel you could have done better. I've only been banded 43 days and maybe your advice and advice from others who feel like you could help me out so I won't make the same mistakes. But, I think your loss is great and I can't wait to hit the XL's and L's!!!

Originally posted by iluvsammys

Chris, I think you've done a great job. I'm kind of curious though, and I've heard it expressed by others that they know they haven't been the "best bander" and feel responsible for what they perceive as slower weight loss, what have you done or not done to feel you could have done better. I've only been banded 43 days and maybe your advice and advice from others who feel like you could help me out so I won't make the same mistakes. But, I think your loss is great and I can't wait to hit the XL's and L's!!!

For me, it means I have not 'dieted' to the point of depriving myself of things I enjoy, including occasional sweets or carbs. If that means I lost 50 lbs in a year as opposed to 100, then so be it.

I'm 44 years old, I've been fat since I was 20. I'm not apt to be in any beauty contest or wearing a bikini anytime soon, so there is no hurry to reach 100lbs lost. As long as I am regaining my health and heading in the right direction. It's all good!

Whether that's a mistake or not? Nope. It was a conscious decision for me.

I don't think it will matter 10 yrs or 50 yrs from now whether I lost 50 or 100 lbs in a year. Either way, God willing, I may still be around to talk about it. If I hadn't chosen the band, I most certainly would not have been. :)

Cindy,

At the very beginning it's kinda like I was scared to eat too much or to not chew enough. After awhile the band just becomes a part of you. I agree with what Leatha said in her post and that's how I feel although I know people who just want the weight off and are willing to give up anything to do that. I eat candy, pizza, Cookies, etc although no where near like I did PB (PreBand). I want to eat like a normal person and not be on a diet. The really bad thing is that I learned to eat around the band. If I go out to eat, which I do at least once a week, I will have wine with my dinner which first of all you're not supposed to drink while you eat and second of all I think the wine helps relax the band or the muscles around it and it seems like I can eat alot more then I should. So that's what I do wrong and that's what I will try to correct during my second year of this journey.

I think you have done a wonderful job Chris! Leatha and Chris explained it perfectly about eating around the band. 99% of the time I follow the rules but once in a blue moon I'll go out for a social dinner and have a glass of Water with the meal. That is pretty rare though. Alse eating around the band includes eating things that melt, such as ice cream, chocolate etc. Also high calorie Soups go right thru the band. Recall: Protein first, vegis next and carbs last... AND no liquids for an hour after a meal. Keep up the good work Chris... Teresa

Chris,

Congratulations on your anniversary and 53lbs loss. I think you have done a fantastic job over the last year. I can only hope to do as well as you have done.

Any chance you will share some before and 'after' pictures with your friends at LapBandTalk?

Keep up the good work!