Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty sure I f***ed up the sleeve. No leak, but I might as well have never gotten it.

A good example of slider vs non-slider.

I've gone to Dunkin Donuts for their Wake-Up Wrap. It takes me about 15 minutes to eat it and I am ready to eat in 30 minutes. I make my own version using a whole grain low carb tortilla and other quality ingredients and it takes 45+ minutes to eat it and I'm extremely full/satisfied.

The main difference is the quality of the tortilla. DD is a white flour tortilla. I use a high fiber/low carb whole grain tortilla. Choose quality as often as you can and you will be more satisfied and stay that way longer.

Also, if you choose to stop drinking you may notice your sugar/carb craving increase. It will be tough but you can get through this.

Thank you. I wanted to say all that but I was too busy rolling my f**king eyes.

And yet, there was "Someguy" posting right on the money. Doing exactly what the forum was intended - allowing someone to ask for help and someone else to give a useful response.

There's no need to beat people up when they're not wrong... Someguy let the op know in case he had missed something significant, and frankly that's more than he needed to do, and more than most do. Strangely, not all of us have time to read every single post, nor find every one scintillating. I'm fairly sure there's not a forum rule requiring it.

Except for LauraVen's posts... That girl is gripping! Wouldn't miss a single post - I wake each day and go searching for them, first thing.

; )

Lol. I would warn you not to read the ones from last night or this morning... I may have tarnished my tin crown a bit :P

And yet' date=' there was "Someguy" posting right on the money. Doing exactly what the forum was intended - allowing someone to ask for help and someone else to give a useful response. [/quote']

The problem was that someguys response was anything but useful because he missed quite a bit of pertinent information that followed the first post. He then went on to disparage and dismiss everything posted after that....information that was far more useful, thought out and heartfelt than that quickie diagnosis he posted.

You don't have to read every response, but then don't expect to know the whole story... Or for anyone to think you know what you're talking about (you meaning whoever posts without reading).

My junior year in college I came to terms with my alcoholism. I was so afraid to go to parties and not drink! I would drink 7-up or coke but put a lime in it to look more like a cocktail. People who didn't know me didn't even notice I wasn't drinking. My closer friends noticed but they were the ones who were happy I quit. And if I was at a bar to see a friend play, nobody even noticed. I think people are more focused on themselves than the details of others.

All this being said I gradually stopped going to parties and bars just because I had made new sober friends and different things interested me. I'm just sharing my experience and helping you see that people don't notice the details as much as we give them credit for.

The problem was that someguys response was anything but useful because he missed quite a bit of pertinent information that followed the first post. He then went on to disparage and dismiss everything posted after that....information that was far more useful' date=' thought out and heartfelt than that quickie diagnosis he posted.

[/quote']

He doesn't seem disparaging or off-the-mark to me: " it sounds like you may need direct counseling rather than a support group. You may be addicted to food and alcohol."

Even after reading all the posts, I thought that pretty much summed it up. Not nasty, just a nasty fact. Nor does it disparage other posters, many of whom said the same thing in different ways, or gave practical advice.

Edited by Sydney Susan

He doesn't seem disparaging or off-the-mark to me: " it sounds like you may need direct counseling rather than a support group. You may be addicted to food and alcohol." Even after reading all the posts' date=' I thought that pretty much summed it up. Not nasty, just a nasty fact. Nor does it disparage other posters, many of whom said the same thing in different ways, or gave practical advice.[/quote']

Why would you say that? I read his post and his post has all the relevant information to his situation' date=' nothing anyone else posted mattered.[/quote']

It was this post I found disparaging, and certainly dismissive of all the well thought out advice given before he came along.

You know there is research out there that has found those with by-pass surgery have a propensity to drink too much. Google it and see what you find. I have a son who had a Gastric Bypass and is fighting this issue at times. Something to do with the way the alcohol is processed in the stomach....don't necessarily have the turn off point that non sleeved patients have. For most of us by-pass patients - we are food addicts - unfortunately some of us replace the food with alcohol....the issues that caused the food addiction are still there - they just move to a different venue....

I only read the first several posts and seriosly...

gross. I think I'm gonna use that block feature for the first time. Nobody needs this negative crap.

Edited by *susan*
Violation of forum rules

Last night I drank a whole bunch for halloween' date=' and during the past four days or so I have gone through like almost 4 boxes of Cereal, and not the good kind. I see people post on a support group Im in (not sure why Im in it..like...it does nothing for me but see people succeeding...yay them...) All this surgery did for me was make me drop like 60 pounds in the matter of 6 weeks or so, and made me not handle my alcohol at ALL. So I'm THAT guy when I go to college parties. And by THAT guy, I mean the guy who is the most drunk. I dont want to be the most drunk. I wonder if my stomach stretched all the way out? I never feel full anymore. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate, my shower/bathtub is a mess because I have like tens of dozens of hair strands just all around... yay life.[/quote']

You should join AA. Or get your doctor to put you in a 6 week program for alcoholics. My son-in-law did it and now he runs one of the meetings. He's been sober over 2 years now.

gross. I think I'm gonna use that block feature for the first time. Nobody needs this negative crap.

I agree.. that's why I apologized. Was having a really bad night, that's not my usual. I'm sure everyone has had a moment of stupidity they have regretted. Peace

Edited by Seela

@Tink 22, no I am more like 3 months out now, maybe more around 4.

* How can my surgeon tell whether or not my stomach has streched without opening me up?

* Does hair fall out, regardless of whether or not you take Vitamins?

* Im in counseling right now but I feel like I cant be open to her, because she will think of me binge eating as an act of self-harm which it isnt. And then she will want to talk to my mom about it, or have me talk to my doctors which Im not comfortable about it!!!

Indecision,

I am eating crap. I mean sometime Im not. My diet as of late has consisted largely of ground beef, rice, and eggs. Usually put together in various proportions. Easy to make, easy to package, easy to take to school. I dont know how to cook so it doesnt help....

I seriously doubt that you have stretched your sleeve. My doctor told me it would take a long time to stretch your stomach with a lot of overeating. You are only 3-4 months post op and eating sliders so I just don't see it happening. Best of luck to you!!

I am pretty new here and was only sleeved 6 days ago. I have been obese (I damaged my back and hip and no excersise and bad food choices makes for extra weight) for some time lost weight put it on and more etc etc. when starting the whole process almost a year ago, the surgeon I chose (I'm in Australia) has a wholistic clinic with him, 2 dieticians, 2 psycs, 2 doctors and a support line. It was a little more expensive but once paid you are a life member. I chose this clinic because I do have a problem with food (would not be here if I didn't) I chose a mantra that I use quietly in my head "If I always do what I've always done, I will always get what I've always got".

This works for so many scenarios, using it over the year saw me bring other areas of my life into question. I was bullied at work, I was a sucker for every as*^^^**le out there and I did not know (or not strong enough) to say no or ask for help. I now have a new job where I am respected, I have learned to say NO to things/people that are not good for me and overall happier. I have fears sure, fears this WLS won't work for me, fears my son and I will end up on the streets cause I spent every cent on this surgery lol (actually serious). But every day is a new one and yesterday is done and gone. Cooking tips stick to KISS keep it simple stupid (just a saying not personal). As I have no family my sone was home while I was in hospital (don't panic he is just 18). He used YouTube vids on simple cooking for uni students to fend for himself while I was gone and only had takeaway once. I don't believe you are an alcoholic, I think you just need to understand that you can get drunk on a lot less alcohol than you used to, you head is used to the fact that 5-6 drinks got you drunk and now your body only needs one. Bring back to basics that a normal 3 meals a day and 2 Snacks is what it took to fill your normal day but now your reduced tank can only deal with a third of it and so while the ratio has not really changed the amount has. Not sure what you are studying but if it is finance think of it as while the interest rate has changed the principal has not, the principal always has to be paid first (protien always has to be consumed first). Two stroke motor there always has to be petrol as the additive on its own will screw the motor (what ever your interest there is an equation). I do hope you can get some help, you did not take this journey for nothing remember the reason you started. Get off the merry go round (it's boring) ride the roller coast lots of ups and downs and a whole lot more fun. Good luck and good health to all. BTW thanks to all on these threads for being and inspiration, a voice on my shoulder, a reason to re evaluate and some times just a good laugh!

Just a couple of other things I wanted to mention, though for the most part it's already been said. As long as you're over 18 and your parents don't have any kind of medical proxy over you, your counselor can't tell them anything. Don't hesitate to be honest, that's why you're going there!

As far as telling your doctors the truth, please, please, please do that too. Remember this: they work for you! Every time you see them, they get paid a ridiculous amount of money (whether you're self pay, have insurance or use assistance doesn't matter, they still get paid), and it's in your doctor's best interest to see you succeed. They can also refer you to a nutritionist who can help you figure out what you can eat that meets your nutritional needs and that is still within your culinary skill level. Don't let embarrassment damage your health.

Also, I hope you don't take offense, but you might be helped by some assertiveness training too. I took an assertiveness seminar a few years ago and it made a huge difference in the way I carry myself, and how I live my life. You've got to practice it every day, and might need a refresher from time to time if it doesn't come naturally (it doesn't for me, and I could use a "tune up" at the moment myself), but it might help you reach a point where you're willing to step up instead of sublimating your needs to what you think other people want from you. It's also a good way to help you "lose your inhibitions" without alcohol :).

As long as you're still breathing, there's not much that can't be fixed if you really want to fix it - you can do this!