Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible to stall at 10 days out?

K. Not to be dramatic. My weight has been the same for the last 3 days. I'm ok with that. Still on full liquids. I actually gained a pound today. What??

Don't weigh yourself daily. Your body weight will change daily depending on time of day, Water weight etc. I weigh myself once a week on the same day at the same time.

I think a better question would be "is it possible NOT to stall at 10 days out!" I stalled around week 2 and my stall lasted for a month. Don't worry about what the scale is doing, your body is changing plenty!

Edited by SerendipityHappens

It happens to EVERYONE! Seach the "3 week stall". SUPER common as things heal and get 'organized'. This too shall pass (and you might want to skip weighing yourself every day... if you are)

I gained 10 pounds while in the hospital and had not lost anything in the first 2 weeks. But it all worked out.

Everyone's pattern is different but almost everybody experiences a pause early out.

A stall is three or more weeks at the same weight with no movement. And those happen for most people, too. In fact, my pattern was to stay at one weight, gain during my cycle and to only lose weight in the last week of the month! I also had two nine week stalls along the slow and poky 17 month journey to goal.

The best thing to do is recognize they happen and keep doing what you've been doing. Trust me, you're way too fresh from surgery to be experiencing a genuine stall. Your body is just in shock and is recovering. Once it figures out that you're going to keep on eating and everything is okay, you'll go back to losing.

Good luck and congrats on that sleeve. And do put that scale away. We want to see results every time because we underwent a drastic procedure and we're excited to succeed. But daily weighing in the loss phase can be frustrating and disappointing. There are too many variables that affect your weight and seeing a loss every single time just isn't possible. If it starts to frustrate you or ruin your day, put it away.

~Cheri

Edited by clk

Thanks for the sanity!

K. Not to be dramatic. My weight has been the same for the last 3 days. I'm ok with that. Still on full liquids. I actually gained a pound today. What??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches